Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Anybody know anything about this S351? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Anybody know anything about this S351?
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
car is badd ass, i see alot of cobras(not saying that there not sick,but), you dont see alot of LEENS! [worship] [worship] :worship:the saleen is more exotic type,more style in it . better looking in my opinion [patriot]

[ June 16, 2006, 04:17 AM: Message edited by: Eddie510 ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

CobraTerritory
¯
Member # 6476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobraTerritory  Ford pictures for CobraTerritory  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510:
more exotic type:patriot:

Exactly What I Was Thinking [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Advanced Auto Built
5.0 Mustang & Super Fords October 2013 Cover Car
1 Of 0 Bright Atlantic Blue Terminator

Posts: 1546 | From: Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I finally got hold on the owner, he blew up the original motor, had a Coast High Performance stroked 351 to a 383, put a 2.95 pulley on the S-trim, powerpipe and said that Forced Fed Performance tuned it but they didnt recommend taking past 4500 rpm, WTF, so $44k and its going to need some work still, with the tune!!!

$44k+need work=fuck that! [patriot]
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
I finally got hold on the owner, he blew up the original motor, had a Coast High Performance stroked 351 to a 383, put a 2.95 pulley on the S-trim, powerpipe and said that Forced Fed Performance tuned it but they didnt recommend taking past 4500 rpm, WTF, so $44k and its going to need some work still, with the tune!!!

I would hold off. For me to pay that kind of money, the car would have to be almost perfect and not need any additional work. An S351-R that you can't take past 4500 rpm???? That's no fun.

[ June 16, 2006, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: S351-R ]

S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:
Doesn't look like there is a bumper number on the front picture.

Oh yeah, 98 wasn't last year for S351's, but they did have a half dozen or so rollover 99's that were 2000's. So technically, 2000 was the last year.

Well yes and no. Yes, there were some S351s built on the 2000 chassis. However, since the S351s couldn't be emissions certified past 1999, cars that were built on the 2000 chassis were labeled as '99s. Saleen's official view is that 1999 was the final production year for the S351.
saleen_freak
¯
Member # 6521

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for saleen_freak  Ford pictures for saleen_freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK everyone this is my Saleen S-351. I guarantee that it is 100% authentic. I have a mild tune on the car right now which puts out that 575 to the tires. For all you Saleen guys that don't know... this car was only made in 1999 on top of that there were only 45 made. The 383 is a stroked out 351. Oh yeah I'll smoke the gt 500 and my car will be worth more down the road. I've had serious offers on the car but decided to keep it after all. I like rep'n the stang. I've raced a Lambo Mercelago on 580 and smoked that too!! I'll try to show up at the next function to show the car. See you there.
Posts: 211 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any pics of this car? the CL link is dead... [burnout]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com