Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » the da vinci code (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: the da vinci code
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have not read the book. Just saw the movie last night and didn't think it was very special. I dunno. Maybe its because I'm not religious but the movie was just average to me. So I'd say for a person coming from a pure non influential non predisposed non bias judgment, this movie is just a C to C+ at best. I did not feel the suspense. I did not make me think. It was very slow in many parts. It had this mythical Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter like genre. And the big kicker why I think its just average is because I did not feel like I would miss much if left to go to the bathroom during the movie. I went 3 times.

[ May 24, 2006, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
I have not read the book. Just saw the movie last night and didn't think it was very special. I dunno. Maybe its because I'm not religious but the movie was just average to me. So I'd say for a person coming from a pure non influential non predisposed non bias judgment, this movie is just a C to C+ at best. I did not feel the suspense. I did not make me think. It was very slow in many parts. It had this mythical Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter like genre. And the big kicker why I think its just average is because I did not feel like I would miss much if left to go to the bathroom during the movie. I went 3 times.

MAYBE U SHOULD EDIT YOUR POST FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I have not read the book. Just saw the movie last night and didn't think it was very special. I dunno. Maybe its because I'm not religious but the movie was just average to me. So I'd say for a person coming from a pure non influential non predisposed non bias judgment, this movie is just a C to C+ at best. I did not feel the suspense. I did not make me think. I called that the old man was the teacher shortly after his introduction. It was very slow in many parts. It had this mythical Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter like genre. And the big kicker why I think its just average is because I did not feel like I would miss much if left to go to the bathroom during the movie. I went 3 times.

sounds like you watched a different movie. But i could understand how it wouldn't be interesting to a person who hasn't read the book or followed this theory for a while. I happen to find religion/history really intersting. If the plot of the movie didn't appeal to you I wonder why you watched in the first place. Didn't you know what kind of movie it was [Roll Eyes]

p.s. this movie was/felt nothing like the chronicles of narnia or harry potter. Thats crazy [Roll Eyes]

[ May 24, 2006, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cees87drop:
quote:

MAYBE U SHOULD EDIT YOUR POST FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE.
YOU DON'T NEED TO SCREAM! GOD DAMMIT!

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:
I have not read the book. Just saw the movie last night and didn't think it was very special. I dunno. Maybe its because I'm not religious but the movie was just average to me. So I'd say for a person coming from a pure non influential non predisposed non bias judgment, this movie is just a C to C+ at best. I did not feel the suspense. I did not make me think. I called that the old man was the teacher shortly after his introduction. It was very slow in many parts. It had this mythical Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter like genre. And the big kicker why I think its just average is because I did not feel like I would miss much if left to go to the bathroom during the movie. I went 3 times.

sounds like you watched a different movie. But i could understand how it wouldn't be interesting to a person who hasn't read the book or followed this theory for a while. I happen to find religion/history really intersting. If the plot of the movie didn't appeal to you I wonder why you watched in the first place. Didn't you know what kind of movie it was [Roll Eyes]

p.s. this movie was/felt nothing like the chronicles of narnia or harry potter. Thats crazy [Roll Eyes]

I watched it because my ole lady wanted me to see it with her is anything wrong with that? I did the same with Titanic and some other love sappy movies. You ever been dragged to do something because your ole lady wanted you to be with her? Besides that I like seeing movies I go with an open mind and see them to make my own judgments without listening to or being persuaded by anyone else. Let me [Roll Eyes] back at you. And no need to get all hurt because I didn't care for it. Yes it had this mythical Narnia Potter like feeling. Religion, fantasy and myth share many similarities.

[ May 24, 2006, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
quote:

I watched it because my ole lady wanted me to see it with her is anything wrong with that? I did the same with Titanic and some other love sappy movies. You ever been dragged to do something because your ole lady wanted you to be with her? Besides that I like seeing movies I go with an open mind and see them to make my own judgments without listening to or being persuaded by anyone else. Let me [Roll Eyes] back at you. And no need to get all hurt because I didn't care for it. Yes it had this mythical Narnia Potter like feeling. Religion, fantasy and myth share many similarities.
not hurt, just couldn't understand your interpetation of the movie. It seemed waaaay off. [Wink] [patriot]

[ May 24, 2006, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: CLEEN 50 ]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com