Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone running a kennybell blower like this. "pics" (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: anyone running a kennybell blower like this. "pics"
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow. That is just way too obviously NOT the belt that your refering to, its a bracket that is way thinner than a 6 rib mustang belt and you can completely see the "actual" belt, which is the engines accessory belt wrapped around the blowers pulley. Pretty funny watching everyone talk shit when they obviously don't even know what they are looking at.

Back to the original question, I feel the same way about the heat and have not heard many good things about the "roots" blowers on 5.0's. I agree that you would be better off with a centrifical.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:
Wow. That is just way too obviously NOT the belt that your refering to, its a bracket that is way thinner than a 6 rib mustang belt and you can completely see the "actual" belt, which is the engines accessory belt wrapped around the blowers pulley. Pretty funny watching everyone talk shit when they obviously don't even know what they are looking at.

Back to the original question, I feel the same way about the heat and have not heard many good things about the "roots" blowers on 5.0's. I agree that you would be better off with a centrifical.

Looks like its the same size as the belt on the AC to me. I see the bolt where the bracket should be. I bet the pic was taken before he/she was done installing and they just put the belt up there before they installed the bracket with hte other pulley on it like in the other pic.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra5.0Jeep:
quote:
Originally posted by silverLX:

Looks like its the same size as the belt on the AC to me. I see the bolt where the bracket should be. I bet the pic was taken before he/she was done installing and they just put the belt up there before they installed the bracket with hte other pulley on it like in the other pic.
that is the bracket not the belt
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Curt
¯
Member # 6254

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Curt  Ford pictures for Curt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It always seemed strange to me that people want the centrifucal blowers for the torky 5.0 and the Kenne-Bell, Whipple, ect for the 4.6.

I asked the very same question on multiple boards and got pretty much the same answer from all of them; The Kenne-Bell is better for the 4.6 because they dont have as much torque so the KB makes em feel better and the 5.0 already has the grunt so later boost of the centi wont hurt the bottom end.

The major gripes for the Kenne-bell in the 5.0 is rapid tire wear, the fact that its like 5 grand, and that it forces you to use the stock or cobra lower intake, although im sure you could have somebody port a trick flow or edelbrock to fit.

That said, I still want one! [Big Grin]

--------------------
'90 GT
'94 Toyota 4wd "It have problem"
'56 F100 5.8 AFR185's Vortech SC S-trim

Posts: 866 | From: Monterey/Rocklin | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its not a "roots" its a twin screw blower,they really dont share anything in the way they work.

As for heat, you have never watched the IAT of a centrifrugal car, or made a run then touched the blower.

The Twin Screw is the best feeling street blower, as it makes power everywhere in the rpm band.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think its a good blower. I had a friend that was running it and we didn't like it. I think you would be better going with a different kind.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the info.

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com