Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 12sec beast passes smog. (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 12sec beast passes smog.
modular
¯
Member # 6599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for modular  Ford pictures for modular    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
12.8 all bolt ons? Lukes 93 has ran a 13.0x stock intake to pan no power adder like John Bs car.

--------------------
I had no idea that so many people knew everything until I joined this site.
I was prolly drunk. Get over it
***BEWARE*** COP CALLERS! Eljefe-Adower!

Posts: 548 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2006  |  :
91Trunkster
¯
Member # 6598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91Trunkster  Ford pictures for 91Trunkster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ April 30, 2006, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: 91Trunkster ]

--------------------
Yellow94GT never touched anyone's sig or banned anyone, so I'm going to quit spreading that rumor. It's not like I have any proof anyways. All yellow94gt and other mods have done is volunteer their time to help other people buy/sell parts, learn how to make their cars go faster and meet fellow enthusiasts. I'm a hater, but it's hard to hate on these facts. I have saved hunrdeds, maybe thousands of dollars here buying and selling parts over the years alone, but I don't care, this website owes me damnit, and I'll piss on it as much as I want. Us haters gonna hate. Why contribute to something when you can take for free?
I act like I'm@Age15
I make friends on the internet that are@Age18
I was picked on in my youth so I became a bully@Age24
My mouth started to run 24/7 on the internet, but my car never at the track@Age26
First pubic hair@Age30
Troll@Age31
My internet friends and I ALL just got the boot for good!@Age31
Yes, you read it right, 31 and just as childish as my fresh out of highschool internet friends@31
Oh yeah, this isn't my website, so no one has to ask for my permission to change my sig. Hell, not like I pay the CAFORDS bill, so why should they need my permission to put what they want on their site? We're all guests here. Maybe some of us should start acting like guests or leave?

(510)375-1589

Fake Moderator
Member # 6395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator  Ford pictures for Moderator    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats on ur smog pass sic

--------------------
I'm forddude510/86gt pretending to be a moderator. At first I thought it would be funny to change my name and act like a mod. Now the real mods have caught on and locked in this signature so I can't change it. I probably don't think it's funny anymore, but I like their sense of humor!

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea man i just wanted to post that i passed smog and i am happy about this. but it seems that most the people (thanks to all that gave me props) think this is a competition. modular why post anything about JOE BLOWS car. i am glad that he ran a 13.0x in a "stock top to bottom end with no power adder like blah blah" you should be sucking his dick too
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNTOUCHABLE2  Ford pictures for UNTOUCHABLE2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aye hidnn o s. i was reading in another thread that you get 170 miles to the tank. i hope thats not on your mid 13 second car you have posted in your profile. [Eek!] man i get 220

[ April 30, 2006, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: sic5pointSLOW ]

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
aye hidnn o s. i was reading in another thread that you get 170 miles to the tank. i hope thats not on your mid 13 second car you have posted in your profile. [Eek!] man i get 220

LMFAO, your high 12 second "BEAST" gets 220 to the tank and passes smog as is [Eek!]

LMFAO, BRILLIANT [Whoo Whooooo!]

I don't think I could run a 12.8 with 114 MPH if I tried, NOW THAT'S PURE COMEDY. MPH that's good for easy 11's, but is a full second off, LMFAO [worship]

My car is geared low and has one less gear than you because I have 4 cars to choose from to drive. You brag about passing smog, running high 12's with that MPH, and getting 220 miles out of a tank of gas, LMFAO. YOU SHOULD DO STANDUP [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ April 30, 2006, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Question: Your "beast" runs 114mph. What are your mods? N/A?

--------------------

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

BTW, CA SMOG IS NOT DIFFICULT TO PASS, NOT AT ALL.

--------------------

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also would like to know the mods. Not too bad for street tires...

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Run 11.0@127 and then call it a "beast". [Wink]

My 93 ran that with a stock shortblock, all smog legal bolt-on's, and all smog parts in place...even the stock H pipe. Passed smog no sweat.

Please share you secret or your combination. That is my plan with one of my stangs....
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL secret. No secret.

Semi carefully selected HCI,
+
power adder
+
Suspesion work/tires
+
Knowing how to drive

Biggest factor being KNOWING how to drive.

[ April 30, 2006, 01:44 PM: Message edited by: Fostang ]

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
LOL secret. No secret.

+
power adder
+
Suspesion work/tires
+
Knowing how to drive

am i sensing and attitude already? [Roll Eyes]

[Razz]

--------------------
=(

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well I was kinda hoping he would name the components he is using (brands). That would help me with my shopping list. Since it seems his setup works. And he obviously knows his shit.

I know the basics.

95 S H O TYME
Member # 6270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95 S H O TYME  Ford pictures for 95 S H O TYME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
props on the smog my shit is stock and it aint passing [patriot]
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
i think this is funny how everyone is reacting to this. lol

We think your "BEAST" is funny [Razz]
i think AOD's are funny lmfao
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
well I was kinda hoping he would name the components he is using (brands). That would help me with my shopping list. Since it seems his setup works. And he obviously knows his shit.

I know the basics.

Put this on a stock block in good shape->

AFR165's- Comp Prep even better or TFS Twisted Wedge CNC.

RPM II Intake and match the lower to the heads.

Custom Cam, w/ around 226* intake duration, 222* Exhuast duration at .050", 112LSA, little to no overlap. (Smog techs aren't going to pull engine apart to check cam.)

70mm TB, 76-80mm MAF, 24 lber's, Fuel pump, etc.

Tune it and see well over 300rwhp and rwtq- possibly as high as 340/340. Put that in a 3100lb Mustang and go faster than I did.

For ET you need to hook- ie 60 FOOT!!!. Subframes, control arms,
no front swaybar, 70/30's, etc. on slicks. You will have the power to go lo 1.6's to high 1.5's.
Don't forget a clutch that can handle it.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
LOL secret. No secret.

+
power adder
+
Suspesion work/tires
+
Knowing how to drive

If you need a power adder to run 114, you don't know what you are doing.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
quote:
LOL secret. No secret.

+
power adder
+
Suspesion work/tires
+
Knowing how to drive

If you need a power adder to run 114, you don't know what you are doing.
fostang's list you quoted was for John's 127mph trap, not a 114mph trap.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

so?
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

man i am on street tires, i know i can get a better. well i hope i can
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here we go! No secrets, no custom cams, no crazy compression.

Stock, yes..a STOCK bottom end (it was my original Cobra shortblock).
Edelbrock RPM heads, ported by TEA racing.
Trickflow stage 1 cam, installed straight up.
Edelbrock 5.0 intake
36lb injectors, 70 MM TB, 80 MM MAF. NO TUNE. (Just a A9M computer)
Vortech SQ-trim supercharger
FMS shorty headers, ran a stock H pipe smog and ran a hi-flow catt'd X at the track later on.
ZEX nitrous kit (just a 35hp shot!)
Tremec 3550 trans with RAM clutch

Suspension was:
Stock struts/shocks with STOCK springs all around. I cut rubber spring isolators and stuffed them into the right rear spring. [Big Grin] This gave me the preload I wanted, without variable (adj) shocks. Unbolted the front swaybar. Ran ET Streets. This was pretty consistent...1.58-1.65. It's all about the launch.

11.02@127.0 was my best with that combo. Ran for solid year until it popped a HG, tore it down and built my 393w.

Everyone is givin' you shit because of how you titled the post. Has nothing to do with it "only being a 12 sec car). Hell, I ran my 03 last night...13.2@118. And then it spit a sparkplug out. Props for getting it to pass smog. Some will say it's easy and to some, yes..it is. But if you don't know the in's and out's...its not a easy feat. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
man i am on street tires, i know i can get a better. well i hope i can

and u are also on the juice, it's funny how everyone is getting all work up about this tread, my car could run 12's on the juice and it passes smog no problem i just got to put the stock h pipe back in, i dont know why everyone is making a big deal out of this, point is that i never seen a 5.0 run 112 mph on the 1/4 n/a and still be able to pass smog with no problems. Keyword here is NITROUS

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

wow i didnt know i had to be careful the way i labeled up a thread. i posted this for the people that are trying to get their car fast and wonder if it will still pass smog. hinnos and faster dammit are just being fags.
UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

i have stock bottom end
stock heads
stock cam
stock injectors
stock mass air
160.xxx mile engine

i know there is more power there but i am not ready to exploit that yet

UNTOUCHABLE2
¯
Member # 5889

oh and i call this car a BEAST because i have
2001 gt seats
2003 gt rims
2003 lightning fogloghts
1996 cobra catback
1993 cobra kit (sideskirts)
parkers wing and bumper
1991 fenders

point is that everything is from someone else. and i mean everything.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com