Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1995 saleen 351s/c R CODE!?!? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1995 saleen 351s/c R CODE!?!?
DennisG
¯
Member # 163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DennisG  Ford pictures for DennisG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just as a comparison there are 4 more for sale on www.performanceautosport.com Oh, and there is a speedster on there too.

This one is pretty nice looking says it won a few shows with too.

-

--------------------
Chrysler 2006 300C 6.1 SRT8
Stock with 1400 miles -13.2 @ 108.5

Posts: 387 | From: Manteca, Ca | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
cees87drop
¯
Member # 4066

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cees87drop  Ford pictures for cees87drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I was in your situation I would not trade my vette and WS6 for the S351R. How much do you think your two cars are worth? Would pay that much for S351R?
Snurtle
¯
Member # 6474

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snurtle  Ford pictures for Snurtle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its more so i will have 2 cars now rather then 3... and 27k miles is alot less then 72k on my vette and 115k on my ws6...if i do it i will b daily driving the 351 r

--------------------
T/A- cam..gears..exhaust..heads.125 shot
C5- cutout..lowered..slotted rotors..
EX- 14inch lift..41 SS

Snurtle
¯
Member # 6474

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snurtle  Ford pictures for Snurtle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if anyone else has a nice clean saleen they wanna trade me im open to offers...juss got to b clean and fairly low miles..fuck shoot me some offers im all ears

--------------------
T/A- cam..gears..exhaust..heads.125 shot
C5- cutout..lowered..slotted rotors..
EX- 14inch lift..41 SS

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DennisG:
Just as a comparison there are 4 more for sale on www.performanceautosport.com Oh, and there is a speedster on there too.

This one is pretty nice looking says it won a few shows with too.

-

-
 - damn if i had the money SHOW ME THE CONTRACT!!!!  -

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by S351-R:
Yeah, I could vouch for the S351's being nice cars. That particular car I have seen in person and is a very nice ride. I was tempted to buy it, but really couldn't justify having a 3rd S351-R. Besides, what I really want is a Speedster anyway.

holy christ, i just looked at ur sig......can i call u steve??? lol [Big Grin] oh and hook it up with a job too [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You certainly have a nice lookin Vette...but the Saleen is a lot better. If you do get it, I dont think you should make it a daily driver though...too many risks involved [Frown] If he's reallys elling it for $30k, why not sell your vette and ws6...then you can buy it and still have money for a beater car [Wink]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Snurtle:
its more so i will have 2 cars now rather then 3... and 27k miles is alot less then 72k on my vette and 115k on my ws6...if i do it i will b daily driving the 351 r

I would seriously think about getting something else if you plan on making the S351R a daily driver. There are no S351R owners I know of (including myself) that would drive their S351 on a daily basis. Between the S351 production years from '94-'99, less than 200 R-code S351s were produced. So factor in the rarity of these cars. Honestly, these cars guzzle gas like a pig and since the R-code cars are supercharged, you will be stuck filling the tank with premium fuel. Some of the S351-specific parts are difficult to come by as Saleen no longer services these cars. More specifically, the motor mounts used to mount the engines are modified units that lower the taller 351 motor and set it back farther to fit under the stock hood. Most, if not all, of the early S351s came from Saleen with a poor tune, if you do get the car contact Mark LaMaskin @ Performance Autosport (performanceautosport.com) or Joe Gosinski @ Chicane (chicanesport.com). They have developed a tune that will improve mileage, performance and driveability.
I am not saying that the S351 can't be a daily driver. But think about what kind of wear and tear a daily driver goes through and the price that insurance is going to be to cover such a rare car, especially if it's going to be driven daily. Good Luck.

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also think that if you have to use it as a daily, then don't buy it.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
I also think that if you have to use it as a daily, then don't buy it.

[patriot] +1

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com