Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How much have you spent on your car? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: How much have you spent on your car?
Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
I think about this much.........
 - (I am sure there are more that have been thrown away or lost. My Girlfriend just informed me that she has some in her files too)

Haha!

Thats just from the last go around! [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50Reasons:
60k and still not done [Big Grin]

I want to see the family of foxes come out by summer. [burnout]
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow94GT:
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX':
I think about this much.........
 - (I am sure there are more that have been thrown away or lost. My Girlfriend just informed me that she has some in her files too)

Haha!

Thats just from the last go around! [Wink] [Big Grin]

The Stuff on the bottom right with the the three yellow companies are from the last go around.

My Girlfriend and I counted up those reciepts and those came out to about 12k but that doesn't count stuff I bought from people with no reciept. Like Three sets of heads, an RPM intake and TB, My Budniks, and money I have spent to have a "Person" Work on it for me. I am thinking it might be around 18k to 19k.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I paid 10k for my 91 mustang about 10 years ago since then I have easily spent 11,000 on it and it's still not finished to where I would like it to be [Frown]
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sal asked me that over AIM a month or so ago. I added it roughly up in my head AND WAS IN A BAD MOOD THE REST OF THE NIGHT [Mad]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think ive spent well over 7k and still going and going. [burnout] [burnout]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$1900.00 for the car, $1200.00 in parts, about 3k more to go. Pretty cheap really.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are we including the cost of the car?

93 Cobra: $20k purchase price + $62k mods = $82k
90 GT: $2k purchase price + $18k mods = $20k

That's what happens when you spend $6k to $8k a year on modding your car... And changing it as you go, instead of building it all at once from a set plan. But over time, new companies start up (e.g. AFR), new products come out (e.g. 93 Cobra replica rims), and you also choose to upgrade your mods (e.g. from Eibach to Griggs). So some of the work gets re-done.

It can be an expensive hobby, but you gotta pay to play.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:

That's what happens when you spend $6k to $8k a year on modding your car... And changing it as you go, instead of building it all at once from a set plan. But over time, new companies start up (e.g. AFR), new products come out (e.g. 93 Cobra replica rims), and you also choose to upgrade your mods (e.g. from Eibach to Griggs). So some of the work gets re-done.

Yeap, Building with a plan is the key. It's funny how we spend all this money on our cars knowing we won't get it back. What the F#ck are we thinking? [Big Grin]

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
What the F#ck are we thinking? [Big Grin]

Poor impulse control? ;-)

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BCINGUU:

Purchase price of the car was my only bargain ($0.00), the parts are probably close to 1/2 what you have invested in both.

quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Yeap, Building with a plan is the key. It's funny how we spend all this money on our cars knowing we won't get it back. What the F#ck are we thinking? [Big Grin] [/QB]

Pure insanity!

Lems

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JEs50:
bought my car for $4500 and in repairs alone almost $3000 and on mods probably like $600 and thats not including the gasket set i just bought for 90 bucks and the $1000 dollars for my engine gaskets to be done so all together $9190

i just want to know how did you spent 1000 bucks on engine gaskets [Confused]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
302 engine complete with edelbrock heads,edelbrock upper-n lower, custom grind cam,24lb injectors,mac headers,mac cold air,mass air,off road h pipe, For under 2k [Whoo Whooooo!] and thats a thank you to cafords fordsale section [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ March 31, 2006, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510 ]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

5.t0es
¯
Member # 5864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.t0es  Ford pictures for 5.t0es    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JEs50:
bought my car for $4500 and in repairs alone almost $3000 and on mods probably like $600 and thats not including the gasket set i just bought for 90 bucks and the $1000 dollars for my engine gaskets to be done so all together $9190

what was wrong with it jordan?
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
About $8500 and I still have not even drivin the damn thing yet!!!

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have spent 12500 on the car but the guy that owned it before me spent in the range of 60k [Smile]
Yames
¯
Member # 5291

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yames  Ford pictures for Yames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let's see:

22,500 out the door for the Mach 1
I've already paid off about 5k so I now owe about 17k. (I plan on having it paid off by the end of the summer woohoo.)

Other then that she's stock except for window tints which cost me about $150-200 bucks.

I have other plans but I'm getting the car paid off first that's my main goal.

james

--------------------
2003 Mach 1 (Good Bye For Now)
1993 Cadillac STS 4.6L V8 (Sold)
1994 Toyota Tercel

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$500 car
$1000 v8 donor (had about $3-4k in bolt-ons)
$500 into the suspension
$300 into engine and exhaust
$1450 into vortech s-trim + air to air intercooler
$200ish into black leather interior conversion
$300 into 4 wheel disc brake setup
---
about $4k

can't wait to get it running with the blower [Eek!] but even n/a its a shitload of fun.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$40K not including the price of the car, broke two stock blocks, now have a R-Block, three sets of heads later, three different blowers, first was a Kennie Bell, then a S-trim, now have a NOVI 2000, and it is still not done.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com