Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 70k Saleen at Future Ford (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 70k Saleen at Future Ford
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's funny that you guys get so wound up about mark-ups. It's part of the business. There is a saying that says "there is an ass for every seat". And to further that quote, we just sold a GT for $299,000.00! That's right kids, nearly twice the MSRP. Yes, the same buyer could have bought one off ebay for around $175k, but they didn't - go figure.

Now, I don't care for the sales side of my dealership (or any other for that matter) and by no means am I justifying the price, but they are no different than people on here that ask too much for the parts or cars that they are trying to sell. If they get their asking price, good for them. If they don't, the price gets adjusted. Same goes for the Saleens and Roush cars. I've seen a few of each get sold over the past couple of weeks, and I would bet the mark-up was high.

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I understand markups and agree that someone will pay that much for it...I was just shocked to see how much it was...hence the eyeballs popping from my head. [Eek!]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Apexmotorsports:
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
quote:
I bet you you anything that is the Saleen S281E (Extreme) model... Here are the specs

"With 500 horsepower and 480 lb-ft of torque, Saleen says that the E promises to show its twin center exhaust pipes to plenty of sports cars boasting much higher price tags.

Saleen estimates that the E will accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds and run the quarter-mile in about 12.1 seconds at 117 mph." ...source Ford.com

http://media.ford.com/newsroom/feature_display.cfm?release=19941

-

If it's the 281E model with 500 hp then it isn't naturally aspirated like the one for sale at Future Ford for 70k.
I'll look again later today but I'm almost possible it wasn't the extreme model.
How much did you want to bet, Apex?????
[Wink] [Big Grin]

That is crazy for a NA Saleen! MSRP for the NA Saleen Verts are about $42K.... Future Ford is CRAZY trying to get a $25-$30K markup.
When can I collect my 1 free Dyno pull? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
[/qb]

When can I collect my 1 free Dyno pull? [Big Grin] [/QB][/QUOTE]

We never bet
[Big Grin]

Besides you NEVER want to bet [Razz]

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

quote:
quote:

When can I collect my 1 free Dyno pull? [Big Grin] [/QB]
We never bet
[Big Grin]

Besides you NEVER want to bet [Razz] [/QB][/QUOTE]

I know I'm too cheap. I'm 36 years old and still bet people a buck on stuff. [Razz]

--------------------

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I know I'm too cheap. I'm 36 years old and still bet people a buck on stuff. [Razz]

Next time we should bet $1 and just keep a tally for the end of the year to see who wins [Smile]
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
what more do you expect? fuck that place

what do you expect from Saleens in the first place. overpriced like always.....

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
CHINI
¯
Member # 6413

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHINI  Ford pictures for CHINI    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was talking to the sales manager at future and they said they will be charging 120k for the new gt500. I was like good luck with that, and then this weekend he called me up and said one just sold for 600k. *mouth dropped in awwww*

--------------------
TT 2003 cobra
Black CCW's
Level 5s

Tuned by AED

Posts: 203 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CHINI:
i was talking to the sales manager at future and they said they will be charging 120k for the new gt500. I was like good luck with that, and then this weekend he called me up and said one just sold for 600k. *mouth dropped in awwww*

Yep Barret Jackson Action, they put up the first new Cobra for Charity. If they think because someone spent that much at Barret Jackson Action they can do what they want..... If they charge 120K for the Cobra they will be the laughing stalk of the bay area.

[ January 26, 2006, 01:34 AM: Message edited by: 9Venom9 ]

Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Why laugh? Making hella money is smart? [Confused]

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that was for charity - someone needed a tax write off
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9Venom9:
quote:
Originally posted by CHINI:

Yep Barret Jackson Action, they put up the first new Cobra for Charity. If they think because someone spent that much at Barret Jackson Action they can do what they want..... If they charge 120K for the Cobra they will be the laughing stalk of the bay area.
it's auction..not action [Smile] [patriot] [dance]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
84GT5.0
¯
Member # 5227

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84GT5.0  Ford pictures for 84GT5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by putter:
They marked up limited edition vehicles!!!! We need channel 10! This is an American Taboo! How dare them!!! Boycott! Im making signs who will fight capitalism with me? Lets end this! AHHHHHH!! [Roll Eyes] LOL You guys crack me up!.

lol

--------------------
RIP Russell W. Krill

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was in FF in Concord waiting to get my truck out of service and I went into the showroom. They had a yellow SC 05 Saleen in there with the hood up and I was checking it out. I was looking at the plenum that sits on top of the blower and was wondering why the paint was flaking off at the ports. And up walk a salesman, he points to the plenum and says "this car has a supercharger, most people think this is it, but it is really under here(as he then points under the plenum). I had never even seen this guy or said one word. I just wanted to pimp slap him, tell him he was an idiot and to shut the F up. I would bet that my 10 year old daughter knows more about cars than he does! I hate car salesmen like that. Back to the intake plenum, it sure looked jacked up, like something was leaking and eating away at it. [Eek!]

I heard that they have stickered their GTs @ $400k+. That guy that bought in Sac must have felt good about paying 299K for his, he really talked them down. [Wink]

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com