Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Should I do it?? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Should I do it??
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what do you think, should I put the mustang money into buying the bike?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 1 of 1002 deep forest green GTS's made. Bone stock.

1990 Coupe 347 NX E85 Nitrous kit

Posts: 712 | From: Dayton, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
PWR HNGRY 302
¯
Member # 6000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PWR HNGRY 302  Ford pictures for PWR HNGRY 302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't because my stang is my first priority but if you think its just a deal of a lifetime and don't mind holding off on the stang til you get some more cash go for it. [Wink]

--------------------
87 Fox- Restoration in progress
2014 Tacoma DCLB MGM
2017 Prius Prime (The Daily)

Posts: 2655 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
"grabs a beer and a bucket of popcorn and sits back" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Avengeance
¯
Member # 5163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avengeance  Ford pictures for Avengeance    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1991CHP:
You are what is called a "SQUID" its ok, its like herpes, even when you dont have a bike, its still there. You should get a big wheel, and call it a day. [Roll Eyes]

And youre what we call a fuckin asshole. For fucks sake this guy asked a simple fuckin question. No need to get all bent cause dude wants a Gixxer1K. [Roll Eyes]

Get over it..

--------------------
02' Limited Edition 35th Ann. SS
620rwhp/570rwtq. 10.6 @ 132mph.

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
quote:
You are what is called a "SQUID" its ok, its like herpes, even when you dont have a bike, its still there. You should get a big wheel, and call it a day. [Roll Eyes]

And youre what we call a fuckin asshole. For fucks sake this guy asked a simple fuckin question. No need to get all bent cause dude wants a Gixxer1K. [Roll Eyes]

Get over it..

couldn't have said it better:patriot:.
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Avengeance:
quote:

Get over it..

u guys are fukkin fad hags. this guy (1991CHP)has
had at least 20 bikes all sorts and ran a jap bike shop for years. gsxr1000 is bulky and will not beat his r1. just cuzz he shows it how it is by posting his fall don't get mad cuzz u have no balls to show your bent axles and busted rear quarters or radiator supports from tryin to be TITE in your stangs. any day of the week i have 10 riders (streetbikes) that will shat all over a gsxr1000. so watch your internet gangsterism before u call someone an asshole. a lot of fucks post thier opions on here and no one calls then an asshole.

back to the question i would finish your stang before getting another toy.

FUCK OFF TO THE HATERS [burnout]

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eagle347  Ford pictures for Eagle347    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No disrespect, but do you agree that he should have came in here saying what he said like that? Asking me if I know what that bike is like im am idiot? Now if I would have said something like "Mat Mladin is the best racer ever, and the 04 GSX R 1000 is the best bike out there" then I would of expected him to say those things. Also, I dont race nor did I say anything about racing, so where did that come from??

Your right, I probably should finish the car first. I dont know though....I hate being without a bike.

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My opinion...get the bike if you really want it(not sure if you mentioned if your a seasoned rider and up to the task..but that is besides the point and I am not going to harp on you to learn how to ride FIRST and get your GEAR before this bike because yo should have already thought of that). Is anyone really going to make this decision for you? Come on..your money. Do what the hell you want.

Now the other thing...Mladin couldn't make it in motogp? Who knows..suzuki is not going to let him or his team leave suzuki (SIX superbike championships will sort of put a lock on your travels as far as contracts go). Plus if you knew anything about motogp politics you have to look the part and play the part to be successful. Who is going to hire an old guy when the popularity of motogp riders = YoungLookgoodforthewomenMeansMoreEndorsements.......
I guess to put it into perspective..Mladmin wiped the floors with Nicky Hayden when they were both doing superbike in AMA (except for one year when Mladin was on a 750 compared to Hayden's 1000). Nicky is now probably one of the top 3 riders in Motogp now. Mladin has not gotten any slower in AMA and even other pro riders say he is still the fiercest competitor out there. As a matter of fact Hayden even mentioned that Mladin would do well in Motogp...so there has to be some merit that the guy has some mad skills.

[ January 08, 2006, 04:18 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

This would be a hell of a bike for a beginner. I know how to get down on a bike. Still have all of my gear. Will probably get a new matching helmet though.

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Eagle347:
This would be a hell of a bike for a beginner. I know how to get down on a bike. Still have all of my gear. Will probably get a new matching helmet though.

Any size of the current sports bikes will be a hell of a bike for a beginner. To be honest you should really ask yourself if you need this 1000 (even if it is for a good price). You can probably get a smaller gixxer (newer) for less money anyway and you will actually learn faster (to do REAL riding) as compared to pussy-footing this 1000 around. Plus to be honest most real riders will sort of laugh at your situation because it comes up so often with new riders looking for their first bike. Most agree that anything over a 600 for a new rider is a very..very..very.. bad idea. Still if your just interested in posing at the local Bucks or doing the wheelies for the imaginary audience (you know..look at me..look at me..I am cool doing my wheelie..and revving because I am bad) then the 1000 is perfect for you [Wink]

One case to always remember...it is not the bike it is all about the rider [worship] So don't worry about the size of the bike...worry about your skills.

[ January 08, 2006, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2011 Porsche 911 TurboS/AWD
2014 GSXR750
2002 GSXR750 Track Beater Bike
2016 Explorer Unlimted

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whatever you do if you buy a bike don't rev it up every 2 seconds and wheelie everywhere like most of the losers do around here.

It just looks (and sounds) dumb to me.

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Im not a beginner, where did that come from? I know how to ride. My first bike was a 99 GSX R 600. I learned how to ride, then started pushing the bike to the limits. I blew it up, it was still under warranty, I got it fixed, and sold it. Then I bought a Corona edition GSX R 600. Got sick of it quick, traded it for a 900RR. Then I got a 929RR. I loved it. I rode it for a long time. Greatest bike I ever had. Then I started wanting more power. I rode my freinds 03 GSX R 1000, and I popped it straght up in 3rd on the highway with no clutch and fell in love. I sold the 929. So yes, I do need this 1000. I'll probably buy this one, and get sick of it, and want an 06. Im not into wheeling for attention, and all that, although when I first learned how to wheely I showed off of coarse, then I relized that the show off's always go down, and get laughed at. I ride for the joy of it (and the fact that im a speed freak) [Big Grin]

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

quote:
Im not a beginner, where did that come from? I know how to ride. My first bike was a 99 GSX R 600. I learned how to ride, then started pushing the bike to the limits. I blew it up, it was still under warranty, I got it fixed, and sold it. Then I bought a Corona edition GSX R 600. Got sick of it quick, traded it for a 900RR. Then I got a 929RR. I loved it. I rode it for a long time. Greatest bike I ever had. Then I started wanting more power. I rode my freinds 03 GSX R 1000, and I popped it straght up in 3rd on the highway with no clutch and fell in love. I sold the 929. So yes, I do need this 1000. I'll probably buy this one, and get sick of it, and want an 06. Im not into wheeling for attention, and all that, although when I first learned how to wheely I showed off of coarse, then I relized that the show off's always go down, and get laughed at. I ride for the joy of it (and the fact that im a speed freak) [Big Grin]

Sounds good..just make sure that you can have the bike checked out before you lay down the cash for it...not sure how your going to do it via ebay though....

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

I'll just drive my truck there and check it out. As long as the tranny shifts ok, and the engine runs fine with no blue smoke I'll probably take it home and hope for the best, what else can you really do...

--------------------

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

quote:
I'll just drive my truck there and check it out. As long as the tranny shifts ok, and the engine runs fine with no blue smoke I'll probably take it home and hope for the best, what else can you really do...

Remove the bodywork and see if there are any "new" welds.....

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500
2014 GSXR750
2016 Explorer Unlimted

Eagle347
¯
Member # 6205

Yeah, most people wont let you take there bike apart though. I wouldent.

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com