Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Props to RixSikCobra (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Props to RixSikCobra
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
exactly those are with pro's riding those bikes. I bet maybe 10% of riders out there could ride a 600 to a 10 sec time slip

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:
exactly those are with pro's riding those bikes. I bet maybe 10% of riders out there could ride a 600 to a 10 sec time slip

I would agree to a point. Pros - No, experienced enthusiest - Yes. Honda claims 10.68 with a pro riding their stock bike. No disrespect, but I don't think there are too many "Pros" driving Cobras on here. [Wink] I want to see Rick bust out a 10sec pass on a wet track or a dry track for that matter. I want to see posted(scanned) timeslips or video, then I will bow down [worship] Better yet, I know there are bikes around here, lets set up a race. Amateurs verse amateurs. If someone is crazy enough to lone me their bike, I'll run em. [Big Grin]

Read the article 2005 Supersport Shootout - Street Test

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
quote:
Originally posted by boostin1.8:

I would agree to a point. Pros - No, experienced enthusiest - Yes. Honda claims 10.68 with a pro riding their stock bike. No disrespect, but I don't think there are too many "Pros" driving Cobras on here. [Wink] I want to see Rick bust out a 10sec pass on a wet track or a dry track for that matter. I want to see posted(scanned) timeslips or video, then I will bow down [worship] Better yet, I know there are bikes around here, lets set up a race. Amateurs verse amateurs. If someone is crazy enough to lone me their bike, I'll run em. [Big Grin]

Read the article 2005 Supersport Shootout - Street Test

I agree with you but if Rick is from a roll he will eat a 600... From a stop it might be a different story because of traction issue's but from a roll I think Ricks got a 600 beat.

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure about from a dead stop, but a 500+ rwhp Cobra will beat a stock 600 from a 70-80 mph roll. Myself and MANY others have proven this already. That's not to say every race will end this way, but it should [patriot]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
From SVT:

Originally Posted by RixSikCobra
My car runs 126 mph w/o spray, 130 with

Did you really only gain 4 mph on the 150 shot over no spray?

Just wondering cause I'll be trying out the 150 soon and was trying to figure out how much I'd gain over the 100 shot.

If I could drive like, say, JohnB, I think the 150 shot would net my car an easy sub 11 run at over 134-5(I know I suck..but getting better) which would be closer to 10mph over blower only. JohnB and I have about the same power and he's mid 10's at 136 or close to that mph. With nitrous it's all about traction. I was spinnin' on DR's all the way through 2nd/3rd. I'm buying slicks which will hopefully help my launches. I'm hopin' for better things over the winter(nice cold air).

I was just happy my N20 FINALLY work right at the track. I'm gonna be out at Sac ASAP. I wanna better my best.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
quote:
From SVT:

Just wondering cause I'll be trying out the 150 soon and was trying to figure out how much I'd gain over the 100 shot.

If I could drive like, say, JohnB, I think the 150 shot would net my car an easy sub 11 run at over 134-5(I know I suck..but getting better) which would be closer to 10mph over blower only. JohnB and I have about the same power and he's mid 10's at 136 or close to that mph. With nitrous it's all about traction. I was spinnin' on DR's all the way through 2nd/3rd. I'm buying slicks which will hopefully help my launches. I'm hopin' for better things over the winter(nice cold air).

I was just happy my N20 FINALLY work right at the track. I'm gonna be out at Sac ASAP. I wanna better my best.

Look's like I will be back into action soon enough and look's like Tony should be ready to roll! Hopefully I will be ready in 2 week's. I can't wait for some good air Myself. When are the slick's going on? LMK

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
From SVT:

Are you going to run slicks on the stock halfshafts or did you put a solid rear in the back yet? If you run the slicks on the stock rear suspension, driveline and axles are you planning on launching off idle and feathering it? I have heard that the IRS does not like to hold up to hard launches on slicks.

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
From SVT:

Ok now I'm confused... [Confused]

You posted this in a link a while back:
http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001587;p=3

I ran an 11.66 @ 126 mph on a 100 shot(2.0 60 ). Turns out he was a cool dude and had fun with him. I ran several other cars with good success. One being a 2005 AMG sl65. I ran my best time of the day against him 11.31 @ 129 mph on a 150 shot

I thought you ran the 126 off the spray... [Confused]

Regardless your car is still probably the fastest Vert on the Board.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

quote:
Originally posted by WIKD 281:
quote:
quote:
From SVT:

Are you going to run slicks on the stock halfshafts or did you put a solid rear in the back yet? If you run the slicks on the stock rear suspension, driveline and axles are you planning on launching off idle and feathering it? I have heard that the IRS does not like to hold up to hard launches on slicks.
I'm only going by what I've heard, but I've heard that slicks not only will (obviously) improve grip, but the grip and soft tire will actually keep the IRS from wheel hopping-which is the true killer of half shafts and driveshafts. I'm on my second rear end thanx to a really bad wheelhop on dr's up at Sac. With that said, I'm planning on running stock bushings and halfshafts and I do have an IRS brace on there which should help alot with the pumpkin and driveshaft. The HS's will be the weak link. I'll keep my fingers crossed. If I break them, I'll upgrade them then. [patriot]

I'm gonna launch at 3.5-4k with the slicks. I'm gonna keep askin' around to try and get good info. [patriot]

[ October 28, 2005, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Regardless your car is still probably the fastest Vert on the Board. [/QB]

I guess you haven't seen WIKD 281s car run [patriot]
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:

Regardless your car is still probably the fastest Vert on the Board.

I guess you haven't seen WIKD 281s car run [patriot] [/QB]
Oops forgot about him...I haven't seen him run yet. [Frown] I think the last time he was at the track, my car was being worked on at Shaun's house.

Make that the second fastest vert on the board. [Big Grin]

[ October 28, 2005, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: twisted54 ]

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

WIKD 281
CaliforniaFords.com
Owner
Member # 40

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WIKD 281  Ford pictures for WIKD 281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rixsixcobra- Right on man [patriot]
Do you like the IRS? I hated mine because It would hop around a lot just like you explained and would shimmy back and forth. The best thing I did for drag racing and street driving my car was to put in the solid 8.8. Went with 31 spline moser axles, welded the axle tubes, and put in an FMS differential. You have the horsepower- now you just have to put it to the street and watch your ET's drop drastically. Have you considered running a roll bar? I would strongly suggest that be your next mod- ahead of anything else. Safety first man! I waited- but it wasnt the smartest thing I ever did in my life!
Good luck man! [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
----------------------------------
Faster than most, slower than less.

adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I definantly believe this story and I ride a 03 636. The mags say stock 10 second bikes which is great but thats a pro rider. If you can find someone who can run 10's on a stock bike then tell him to find a new profession. It is hard as hell to launch a bike and keep the front wheel down.

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn thats very intresting... I wonder if Rixs cobra would kick my ass? We should try it sometime.. From like 50mph to whenever I get scared and stop. I know 600's are pretty fast but a 750 kicks my ass and of course all my friends 1000's well yeah I need binoculars when they pull on me. Do u beat the new bikes too? I got a lill 05 r6 all Stock.
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Agreed. I need to get a roll bar. I've skated thus far(knock on wood). I only get a run or two in before I get punted. It was ok before when I was runnin' 12's, they kept an eye on me but only "told" me I may need to slow it down. Now that it's cold out and the top is rarely down, now's the time to install it, then I could do more TNT's [patriot] . Yeah, with some more practice I can hopefully lower the Et's a bit more. I've got the power, but my driving ability and 60's kill me at this point. I'm hoping by the end of the winter things will be different. [patriot]
Thanx for the suggestions and encouragement [patriot]

[ October 29, 2005, 12:48 AM: Message edited by: RixSikCobra ]

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com