Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Sears Point 10-19-05 pics (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sears Point 10-19-05 pics
silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The blue LX does have more in it, for starters it needs a better driver.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgt:
what did the dark shadow grey cobra run (03). Hey jersey i did not get the intake today maybe tomorrow, but for sure we are going next week.

If I am not mistaken, 12.9-13.0

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the track is a little uphill, even when there is no wind you still roll back. That would have to be a strong wind to push your car back. I always thought sac was a faster track, always got better times up there.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
the track is a little uphill, even when there is no wind you still roll back. That would have to be a strong wind to push your car back. I always thought sac was a faster track, always got better times up there.

so far the few times that i gone to the track at sears point i never roll back, but it does get really windy up there.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the track is a little uphill, even when there is no wind you still roll back.

COMPLETE [BS flag]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

COMPLETE [BS flag]
I don't know why people keep on saying that [Roll Eyes] ... THE TRACK Is not uphill.
It starts going uphill after you've crossed the finish line... [patriot]
I've never had the wind push me back.. but some of the veterans(people that are there every single wednesday) tell me that it happens when it gets really windy. [patriot]

--------------------
=(

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

COMPLETE [BS flag]
I don't know why people keep on saying that [Roll Eyes] ... THE TRACK Is not uphill.
It starts going uphill after you've crossed the finish line... [patriot]
I've never had the wind push me back.. but some of the veterans(people that are there every single wednesday) tell me that it happens when it gets really windy. [patriot]

I am not going to make claims about the incline or the wind, but I WILL say that I saw a number of cars roll back once staged this past Wed...
Not very many, but it was happening.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You see people all the time get to the line, stage, and then red light cause they rolled back.

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
damn 119/120?
Thats crazy..

Patrick, i don't think that was vince's cobra. he's got different rims on the front.
Last i talked to him his clutch was toast and he has thinking about finally having a non-stock one installed.

Thanks Jersey.

I haven't talked to him in a while and hope all is well with his car....i'm really curious to see how he likes the new clutch.

And how could they ever make a fully sanctioned NHRA track uphill [Roll Eyes] [BS flag]

Years ago the rt lane would always roll back if staged but there was an actual "dip" there which they fixed when they re-did the track and added the huge grandstand.

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com