Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » my license just got suspended(help) (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: my license just got suspended(help)
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i just got a letter from the dmv ,this is what it says.

your driving privilege is suspended as of april 15, 2012 as a condition of probation and cannot be reinstated before oct, 14 2012 and until you file proof of finacial responsibilty.

so do i really half to wait to oct 14 2012 to get my license back??

that seams really harsh for 4 points

anyone who has gone thru this before please help me out,can i get a restricted license?if i get a hearing does the date get reduced?

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Posts: 1175 | From: novato and fairfeild | Registered: Aug 2009  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can appeal for a resticted license to get to work, but you have to keep a valid insurance policy also during that time. Theres no way to get you full driving privelages back for 6 months especially for points.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dean-93  Ford pictures for dean-93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
btw i got and always had insurance and the points were.
speeding
red light ticket
unsafe lane change
speeding

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you still have the option to take traffic school for one of them? That would get you your license back

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

quote:
Originally posted by SydewayzStan:
Do you still have the option to take traffic school for one of them? That would get you your license back

i think i already used my 1 time traffic school on a ticket from a year ago but when i call the dmv tomorrow ill ask.

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

yea just looked and im not eligible for traffic school anymore

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

dam that sucks, youll have to call the place in sac to appeal for a restricted license then. i dont have the number anymore but it shouldnt be too hard to find...

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Request a hearing with the DMV. Make a strong case for yourself and hope that whoever you have the hearing with gives you a chance to keep your license. This happened to me several years ago. I was honest and told them I really needed to keep my license for school and work. I was fortunate, and the DMV rep was kind enough to consider it.

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

fuuuucckkkkkk

looks like my dads gunna be drivin me to infineon every wed

does anyone know if you are allowed race there without a license

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dean-93:
fuuuucckkkkkk

looks like my dads gunna be drivin me to infineon every wed

does anyone know if you are allowed race there without a license

Yup you can race without one.
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you even bother to fight any of those four through mail first?

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

quote:
Originally posted by Venomized93:

im 18 in highschool with no job i didnt have money to post bail first

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

quote:
quote:

and doing all of them community service 10$=1 hour

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

Ah, yeah that would suck then.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Were you already on Probation/Parole? Are you a sole provider with the only job in the household? These are things I'd need to know. It says condition of Probation correct? If that is the case you need to speak to your PO. There may be something you can do and reasons for reinstatment prior to the date;however, if it is a Probation condition as part of your court case we're not just talking doing traffic school here folks. Even then your PO may or may not tell you that DMV is it's own entity. I've seen people have warrants and get re arrested a ton of times even though Probation/Parole and DMV were on different pages and it wasn't totally the persons fault. You may be stuck like a Kotex!

[ March 11, 2012, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

quote:
Originally posted by fstryde3:
Were you already on Probation/Parole? Are you a sole provider with the only job in the household? These are things I'd need to know. It says condition of Probation correct? If that is the case you need to speak to your PO. There may be something you can do and reasons for reinstatment prior to the date;however, if it is a Probation condition as part of your court case we're not just talking doing traffic school here folks. Even then your PO may or may not tell you that DMV is it's own entity. I've seen people have warrants and get re arrested a ton of times even though Probation/Parole and DMV were on different pages and it wasn't totally the persons fault. You may be stuck like a Kotex!

yea it does say its a condition of probation

im not on any probation or parole, ive never been in any trouble except traffic tickets

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

quote:

i live with parents and no job as of now in highschool an 18 years old

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

im not on any probation or parole, ive never been in any trouble except traffic tickets

Wait you are not on Probation but you have probation terms? I'm very confused now. You sure the judge didn't put you on probation? You may want to call your Public Pretender and get some clarification.
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
harsh way to find out how the real world works. GL

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

quote:
quote:
quote:

Wait you are not on Probation but you have probation terms? I'm very confused now. You sure the judge didn't put you on probation? You may want to call your Public Pretender and get some clarification.
when they say "probation" theyre refering to your driving privelige, not court or formal probation

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2002 F150 supercrew-

fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

quote:
Originally posted by SydewayzStan:
quote:
quote:
quote:

when they say "probation" theyre refering to your driving privelige, not court or formal probation
Hope you're right for his sake, I only ask cause I was just going off his first post where he wrote Conditon of Probation my fault lol although I have literally seen people booked for probation violations who swore they weren't on Probation, they talk really fast in court sometimes lol

[ March 12, 2012, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: fstryde3 ]

Egocentric
¯
Member # 9529

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Egocentric  Ford pictures for Egocentric    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you are 18 and need to slow down before you kill yourself.

--------------------
08 G37S
72 C10 Custom
R6

quote:
ain't no one tell me what to do. - NEIGHT

Posts: 1712 | From: NoOneTellMeWhatToDo-Neight | Registered: Oct 2009  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wrench Monkey:
Sounds like you are 18 and need to slow down before you kill yourself.

+1. Even though you are in high school, you should have taken responsibility for those tickets. We've all been there. I got a speeding ticket when I was 16 and an Exibition of Speed ticket (wreckless driving) when I was 17.. slowed it down after my 2 points. Set a court date and take care of it. Let them know you are in high school and it is difficult for you to pay the bail due to financial situations. Even though you have no money, its your job to take charge.. its called life.

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
dean-93
¯
Member # 9401

yea you too are right^^^

--------------------
93 5.0 trickflow h/c/i

triple b
¯
Member # 8763

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple b  Ford pictures for triple b    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get a sr-22 plead your case that you are still in school hopefully you have decient grades Nd bring that as proof of commitment and that you just have a driving problem. Looks like "daddy" cant help you out of this problem its a toughlife if you choose to continue down this path

[ March 12, 2012, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: triple b ]

--------------------
1988 4cyl conv 306 HCI "sasha"
2004 tahoe
Sold- 87 GT, 72 chevelle, 63 biscane, 82 monte carlo, 73 nova, 88 silverado,

Posts: 1730 | From: sacramento ca | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com