Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Lemons race?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Lemons race?
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok I am really considering this race and wondering if anyone has raced it or known anyone that has.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought about doing it with my buddy, but neither of us have the time to devote to building a car.

I had a Crown Vic given to me by my mother-in-law. I thought it would have been a good car to run. If you can find a P71, I think that'd be a great car to use.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lemons race?

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Sydewayz_Stan
¯
Member # 10217

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sydewayz_Stan  Ford pictures for Sydewayz_Stan  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC70STANG:
Ok I am really considering this race and wondering if anyone has raced it or known anyone that has.

duncan motors knows about it. hes a member on here.

--------------------
-90 Vert-SOLD
-91 Notch-SOLD
-2000 Explorer 5.0-SOLD
-72 Maverick-SOLD
-2004 GT, vortech V2 si, 10 psi-
-2002 F150 supercrew-

Posts: 3432 | From: 707 vallejo/richmond 510 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
About half the CAFORDS car qualify lol jk. I got a crew that can fab up a cage and goodies. I guess just spy Craigslist for a beater

--------------------
The anti-crew

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have done 5 events. Best finsh was 10 out of a 186 cars. Held 1st place for more then half the race. What would you like to know?
Posts: 2139 | From: SF/DALY CITY/MILLBRAE | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got the GEO lmk
Posts: 3653 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Are you allowed to swap tires during pit stops? Or what do the pit stops consist of? I'm on my phone and will have to look at the website later. What up how much for that geo.

--------------------
The anti-crew

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOT 50  Ford pictures for GOT 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont run a geo unless you cna convince judges that your liter bike motorcycle engine swap came in under 500 dollars.

You can do anything you want in a pit stop. Brakes, gas, tires ect. A set of tires at the minimum wear rateing should last you a ocuple of events.

10-15 gallons of gas should get you about 2 hours driving time depending on yellows. roughly 16 hours of racing means you are going to need atleast 160 gallons fo gas.

Buy good pads and get used to drving on them so your rookie drivers do not flat spot your tires. Motul 600 or better brake fluid is a must. Steel braded brake lines are also highly recomended.

Be safe have fun!

Wicked Motorsports
¯
Member # 8702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Motorsports  Ford pictures for Wicked Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We are currently working on a customers 2nd time
LEMONS RACE CAR ,we call it shaggy its an 85GT
that has shaggy carpet on the roof/tin air foils/sticthed fenders n doors,well at least it has a welded in roll bar and tire rack..I will get some pics later.For some reason he keeps breaking the rear end.$500 budget build....If you guys go look out for the right gear and axle stickers on the car.

--------------------
92Fobra GT40/E303/BBK/Mac's (sold)
89notch 306HO/TFS1/BBK lt's
89CHP 331/5spd/LT's/LM1's (RIP)
65 331/HCI/TCI trans/SOLD

Posts: 2604 | From: 831salinas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

This sounds like a blast lol. I don't think I would be able to make the march event but I am looking to get ready for one.

--------------------
The anti-crew

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have been talking to friends abou doing a car. I think it would be fun
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ok After a huddle with the friends I found a roller for $400 I have a ton of 5.0 shit laying around. Can I build a bucket with shit I already have? I mean I have a carbureted engine I can toss in the be fair but also fuel injection stuff too. How do you put a price on a parts car with shit you already own?

--------------------
The anti-crew

GOT 50
¯
Member # 1960

There is a BS factor. SAy you sold the interior the glass and dash ect ect. Keep a spreadsheet showing what you sold everything for and you can add it to your total build.

I.E. You bought the car for 400. Sold 800 worth of parts off the car. You now can spend an additional 900 on the car. Make sure you have plenty of receipts. If you bring a healthy sounding V8 be prepared to have your car crushed. 5.0's tend to blow headgaskets. Make sure your cooling system is super great for this event. Most guys that last the entire event run 2.3's.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com