Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Seafoam (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Seafoam
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seafoam, pros and cons using it on a 302?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
X2

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
-pro: cleans the shit out of your motor, can use it as a smoke screen driving down the street like you're spyhunter.
-con: cost money

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do it to all my cars once a year, never had any issues, I always use the vacuum line from the brake booster, and put some on my gas tank aswell, then I changed my oil and after my gas tank is empty I changed my fuel filter. So pretty much I use it right before a tune up

[ November 16, 2011, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: losbadgts ]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That stuff works good. I would suggest doing an oil change after you get gas again and fill it with fresh gas.
That spyhunter line make me laugh....

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
I do it to all my cars once a year, never had any issues, I always use the vacuum line from the brake booster, and put some on my gas tank aswell, then I changed my oil and after my gas tank is empty I changed my fuel filter. So pretty much I use it right before a tune up

pretty much the Jist Dana.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doesnt really clean much..i let it sit...for..days.. in my buddys 96 cobra head intake ports..valves were closed so i just filled the ports up..and let them sit..didnt do much at all..had to use a wire brush..so to say this shit does anything major is just funny to me.
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:
doesnt really clean much..i let it sit...for..days.. in my buddys 96 cobra head intake ports..valves were closed so i just filled the ports up..and let them sit..didnt do much at all..had to use a wire brush..so to say this shit does anything major is just funny to me.

so you used it as more of a cleaning solvent then letting it run through the motor? when I used to sell autoparts the Seafoam rep came in and we tested it on some of our work trucks and seriously the difference was amazing! I even used it one time and it even helped my car pass smog. I went in and they failed it went home ran seafoam and cam back for the free re-test and it dropped the numbers a fair amount the car really needed a cat but wasnt ready to replace the cat just yet.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:

so you used it as more of a cleaning solvent then letting it run through the motor? when I used to sell autoparts the Seafoam rep came in and we tested it on some of our work trucks and seriously the difference was amazing! I even used it one time and it even helped my car pass smog. I went in and they failed it went home ran seafoam and cam back for the free re-test and it dropped the numbers a fair amount the car really needed a cat but wasnt ready to replace the cat just yet.
the alcohol in it is what helped you pass smog..passing it threw the intake manifold wont do anything other then expensive smoke..brotha it sat for days and didnt do shit to the sludge..jack shit..only using a brush did anything... in the engine its better and cheaper to just run one quart of tranny fluid..i wish i would have taken pictures.
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

im just saying..not trying to bash..just trying to help save you guys some money.it might clean the dust off in the intake manifold haha
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it works with the heat inside the motor to steam clean it. Ive used it on a couple of my cars and have felt a noticeable difference the way the car ran
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rob1:
I think it works with the heat inside the motor to steam clean it. Ive used it on a couple of my cars and have felt a noticeable difference the way the car ran

Im pretty sure it says right on the bottle to warm up the enginge before use. I have used it in a few cars and have always had a good results. I never seen anywhere in the direction that it says to soak on parts. Following directions is key.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SnakeBit:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob1:

Im pretty sure it says right on the bottle to warm up the enginge before use. I have used it in a few cars and have always had a good results. I never seen anywhere in the direction that it says to soak on parts. Following directions is key.
+1 i've used it on my cobra with great results.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:

the alcohol in it is what helped you pass smog..passing it threw the intake manifold wont do anything other then expensive smoke..brotha it sat for days and didnt do shit to the sludge..jack shit..only using a brush did anything... in the engine its better and cheaper to just run one quart of tranny fluid..i wish i would have taken pictures.
if you let it sit while it was cold of course it isn't going to do anything.

what you want for that is easy off oven cleaner.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive used it on over 20 cars and i always seem to get mpg, the car ran better, ive also seen it help someone pass smog. seafoam kicks ass. it just has gone up in price alot... kinda sucks
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seafoam: best substance to come in a bottle that doesn't have an alcohol content!
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so how do i use it please details..

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:

Pretty easy.

1st thing to do is warm up your car. LOL
Then split the into 3 equal parts. I usually use 3 party cups.
Pour 1 cup in the gas tank
Pour 1 in the crank case
With the car running " and warm" remove the big vaccume hose connected to the brake booster. Slowly suck up the entire 3rd cup, slowly or it will stall the motor. When the cup is almost empty I usually let it stall. Let it sit for at least 30 min and then it's time for the smoke screen! Let it run until the smoke stops and give it a few hard rev's, keep it below 3K. It will probably smoke for a good 5-10 minutes. Change your oil after 50 - 100 miles. You will definetly notice a difference.

[ November 16, 2011, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: SnakeBit ]

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX Ok so how do i use it please details..
Read the fucking directions it is on the god damn bottle.you do know how to read right
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I might do this to my Jeep. Probably can't use seaform on a diesel right?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

quote:
Originally posted by SS396 chevelle:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX Ok so how do i use it please details..
Read the fucking directions it is on the god damn bottle.you do know how to read right
Hahaha somebody needs to get laid on needs to stop visiting tyrone lol.....

--------------------

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:

It says for diesel on the front of the can. I've never done that.

--------------------
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WildFire532FB:

It says for diesel on the front of the can. I've never done that.
I'll try it on the Jeep. Seems like its having issues.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Does it clean out the upper intake?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:

Pretty easy.

1st thing to do is warm up your car. LOL
Then split the into 3 equal parts. I usually use 3 party cups.
Pour 1 cup in the gas tank
Pour 1 in the crank case
With the car running " and warm" remove the big vaccume hose connected to the brake booster. Slowly suck up the entire 3rd cup, slowly or it will stall the motor. When the cup is almost empty I usually let it stall. Let it sit for at least 30 min and then it's time for the smoke screen! Let it run until the smoke stops and give it a few hard rev's, keep it below 3K. It will probably smoke for a good 5-10 minutes. Change your oil after 50 - 100 miles. You will definetly notice a difference.

thanks man i was gonna do it on my last oil change but had my doubts...

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com