Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PS3's finally hacked

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: PS3's finally hacked
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found out a couple days ago that they finally hacked the PS3, there was a hack before but you had to use a dongle and it had a lot of limitations I guess. This new hack is a custom firmware that you load and play the games from an external HD. I've been playing the new Need For Speed off a flash drive with no issues, you can even update the games and play them online. I've done 2 so far and had no issues at all. You can even download the game off the disc into your internal HD. I'll post up a link for the tutorial if anyone is interested. The most current firmware is 3.55 but they say a new one is coming out anytime soon so don't update to that one because it's not hacked yet.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
00SLVRGT
¯
Member # 4509

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00SLVRGT  Ford pictures for 00SLVRGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe i will buy a PS3 after all...i could not justify just buying it just for GT5 but this might make it worth it

[ January 25, 2011, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: 00SLVRGT ]

--------------------
2000 GT Silver... SOLD
94 Cobra... SOLD
02 Foush, work in progress

LETHL 03
¯
Member # 5401

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LETHL 03  Ford pictures for LETHL 03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I found out a couple days ago that they finally hacked the PS3, there was a hack before but you had to use a dongle and it had a lot of limitations I guess. This new hack is a custom firmware that you load and play the games from an external HD. I've been playing the new Need For Speed off a flash drive with no issues, you can even update the games and play them online. I've done 2 so far and had no issues at all. You can even download the game off the disc into your internal HD. I'll post up a link for the tutorial if anyone is interested. The most current firmware is 3.55 but they say a new one is coming out anytime soon so don't update to that one because it's not hacked yet.

sick!

--------------------
RIP Willie Guzman LQ9SN95

Hard Head Muscle
#HHM #babydickcobra #lethl03

TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

Thats dope, you can still play online on downloaded games.

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i might have to buy another to hack. theres no way im going to hack my backwards compatable one since sony no longer repairs the backwards compatable ones they just replace it with a new slim.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My system is a launch day 60gb and I modded it. I figure its going to fail eventually so with games not playing off the blu-ray drive it'll extend the life by a lot.

--------------------

Abandon him.

2T0NE
Go 49ers
Member # 4216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2T0NE  Ford pictures for 2T0NE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Where can we get this done?

--------------------
Originally posted by x Raelsmar x:
Can't wait till the Giants lose tomorrow night so all you Giants fans are forced to shut the fuck up.

Posts: 14676 | From: 760 carlsbad | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by 2TONE:
Where can we get this done?

If you have any computer skill you could do it yourself, you just need to update the system with custom firmware from a memory stick and then install 2 programs. If you don't feel comfortable doing it then I'm sure there are 100 people doing it on craigslist now.

--------------------

Abandon him.

915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So wts up with the link for the tutorial?
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

I'll post the link when I get home.

--------------------

Abandon him.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Sony just released a new firmware today, the guys are working on making a new custom firmware right now so hold off on trying an unlock and don't upgrade to 3.56 yet.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com