Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cobras on CL

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cobras on CL
Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seems lately that every sn95 cobra on cl has at least 100xxx + miles on them whats up with that?

[ July 02, 2010, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Ryan... ]

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are 12-16 years old. Its not hard to put on that many miles in that time frame.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its because people actually drive their cars like they were made to be! Personally, i dont think miles should scare aware potential buyers as long as everything seems sound...and a bonus would be to get history/receipts of work done to the car.

I speak from experience...all 3 of my last cars all had over 100k miles BUT they all came with a ton of history and receipts that made me feel more comfortable in buying the car. My latest car, 98 cobra Faleen, has TWO BINDERS full of receipts and pictures of ALL the history on the car. The first owner kept all receipts, from warranty work to oil changes. He even took pics of everything that was installed or replaced as they were tearing the car apart. [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Ryan_LX
¯
Member # 7089

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan_LX  Ford pictures for Ryan_LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
both of you made a good point there.

I'm really thinking of getting into a cobra in the near future, anything special to look out for when buying one? I dont really know much about the modulars.

--------------------
Jesus is king!

Dag302
¯
Member # 4682

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dag302  Ford pictures for Dag302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just picked up one tonight. A white 96 Cobra. Has over 100K but has a rebuilt motor with paperwork. Had a folder of receipts including window sticker and original SVT certificate. Clean car and got a really good deal, especially with all the extra parts. It might take some time but if you put some time in to looking you can find a deal.

--------------------
04 Expedition 4X4
93 Cobra #822
96 Cobra

Posts: 2842 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
85staNg302
¯
Member # 9450

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85staNg302  Ford pictures for 85staNg302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Its because people actually drive their cars like they were made to be! Personally, i dont think miles should scare aware potential buyers as long as everything seems sound...and a bonus would be to get history/receipts of work done to the car.

I speak from experience...all 3 of my last cars all had over 100k miles BUT they all came with a ton of history and receipts that made me feel more comfortable in buying the car. My latest car, 98 cobra Faleen, has TWO BINDERS full of receipts and pictures of ALL the history on the car. The first owner kept all receipts, from warranty work to oil changes. He even took pics of everything that was installed or replaced as they were tearing the car apart. [patriot]

exactly, my brother n law's blue fox that got stolen had i think 160+k but the car was a 2nd owner car with stacks of receipts (all the cars history) all from ford. the car ran like it was a low mile car. to bad someone had to fuk that up.
Posts: 1561 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dag302:
I just picked up one tonight. A white 96 Cobra. Has over 100K but has a rebuilt motor with paperwork. Had a folder of receipts including window sticker and original SVT certificate. Clean car and got a really good deal, especially with all the extra parts. It might take some time but if you put some time in to looking you can find a deal.

Sweet, congrats! Did you pick that one up from Jon? Post up some pics when you get the chance! [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

blown95svt
¯
Member # 8893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blown95svt  Ford pictures for blown95svt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy my 95, has 84k on the ticker. 331 v2 strim, tko 600 full griggs suspension with coilovers. it's on sac and the bay craigslist

--------------------
95 cobra blown 331 gr40 suspension
***NEED QUALITY WORK FOR HALF THE PRICE? I DO SIDE JOBS! PM FOR DETAILS***
www.norcalmotorcompany.com

Posts: 1434 | From: roseville | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
90_STANG015
¯
Member # 8990

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90_STANG015  Ford pictures for 90_STANG015    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan...:
Seems lately that every sn95 cobra on cl has at least 100xxx + miles on them whats up with that?

i had a 98 cobra with 69,xxx miles i was the 3rd owner. jus gotta find one i guess

--------------------
RAIDER NATION

1990 GT (SOLD)
1988 LX DROP (SOLD)
1989 4 cyl Coupe (sold)
1998 SVT COBRA (SOLD)
1992 LX DROP
1994 GT
1995 Impala SS

Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought my 98 cobra in 05. had jus turned 39k when i picked it up

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
64k OG miles on my 97. 1k on the motor and t56 and 10k on the irs.woohoo

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com