Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » ipod touch

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ipod touch
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone have one and whats your thoughts. i just bought one from a buddy. its a month old. paid 150$ came with a charger and cord to the comp. i think its a 32 gb. was that a good deal? it has no scrathces or anything

ive never had a ipod. so how do i get i tunes and how much is it? i hear you can hack them and get free apps and such. how do i do this?

since im a noob to i tunes and i pods any info helps. thanks cafords.

[ February 17, 2010, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: SlowStockFox ]

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

anyone have one? how do you jail break it

--------------------

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it the one that looks like the Iphone but just isn't a phone? My wife got one for free when she bought her Apple and I like it.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go to apple.com, and just look for itunes, there sound be a link there that leads you to downloading it, it's free btw, i have several ipods, 2 touches, love em.

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
itunes is free, just download it from your computer, and there a tons of free apps through itunes. but look into jailbreak which u could get lots more apps for free.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would go onto modmyi.com and do some reading up on the touch to get familiar w/ it. if you're not familiar w/ itunes you're starting from the very beginning and all this below should sound foreign to u..

u should be able to jailbreak it using blackra1n but keep in mind you'll be using a "tethered" jailbreak which means every time the phone is booted up/restarted you'll have to run blackra1n over again to get out of recovery mode. its not as bad as it sounds as jailbreaking w/ blackra1n is one click and takes about 30sec to do.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah i have one and i love it it great. I also have the iphone but the iphone dies too fast so i always use mine at work.
Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
i would go onto modmyi.com and do some reading up on the touch to get familiar w/ it. if you're not familiar w/ itunes you're starting from the very beginning and all this below should sound foreign to u..

u should be able to jailbreak it using blackra1n but keep in mind you'll be using a "tethered" jailbreak which means every time the phone is booted up/restarted you'll have to run blackra1n over again to get out of recovery mode. its not as bad as it sounds as jailbreaking w/ blackra1n is one click and takes about 30sec to do.

That's what I use [patriot]

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

yea this thing is sweet so far. yea ill do some reading [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------

94OnDuces
¯
Member # 9555

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94OnDuces  Ford pictures for 94OnDuces    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you wanna jail break it go to ziphone.com its free and it does everything for you its easy n dont take to long to do

--------------------
94 DROP GT
"Burn Rubber Not Your Soul"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com