Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what do you guys think? ***Pics Added*** Got it for 800 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: what do you guys think? ***Pics Added*** Got it for 800
stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for stangless707  Ford pictures for stangless707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the opportunity to pick up a 1990 hatchback not sure on the exact model but it runs and the body is in decent shape but the guy said that there may be a blown head gasket but he hasn't taken it to a shop to figure it out he was relayed that info after discussing the problems or whatever that it was having. He's asking 1000 and I was wondering if it was a good buy and I should swoop it or if I should let it go? And if it is a blown head gasket is that cheap to fix

[ August 27, 2009, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: bayarea82ford ]

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ILL BUY IT FOR A 1000 IF U DONT [Big Grin]

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bayarea82ford:
I have the opportunity to pick up a 1990 hatchback not sure on the exact model but it runs and the body is in decent shape but the guy said that there may be a blown head gasket but he hasn't taken it to a shop to figure it out he was relayed that info after discussing the problems or whatever that it was having. He's asking 1000 and I was wondering if it was a good buy and I should swoop it or if I should let it go? And if it is a blown head gasket is that cheap to fix

HMMM I am interested to here replies here. I know where to get one with a blown head gasket for 500.00...lol.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think i am glad to be home and i look forward to getting my Fastback complete. I want to drive it badly. Feels good to just sit around all day though.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
let me go check it out for you, whats the address where it is at. [Big Grin]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BUY IT!! its an easy fix [patriot]
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
easy formula.

man hours + parts + price of car = X

price of what you would spend on a comperable fox thats running = Y

If X is less than Y then you have a good deal. However if Y is more then your better off just buying a car you can drive and fix as you need/like.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if its only a head gasket its worth it.... if you can repair it your self..
if its more then just a head gasket or you have to pay some one more then 200 to repair the car its not worth it...
contion of body and interior 5seped/auto have alot to do with it as well

stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless707  Ford pictures for stangless707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
easy formula.

If X is less than Y then you have a good deal. However if Y is more then your better off just buying a car you can drive and fix as you need/like.

Well I already have my 82 and I was gunna get this one as either a project or a parts car so I was also wondering if 1000 is a good deal or if I should offer less

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1000 isn't bad if the rest of the car is solid and you know how to turn wrenches. 5.0s these days need a lot of love to be up to standards. if it needs a head gasket (worst case scenario) it probably needs a lot of other little things that'll add up. You'll find them as you go through it.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:

HMMM I am interested to here replies here. I know where to get one with a blown head gasket for 500.00...lol.
hey i would take that for $500
but back to the subject like other said if the car is solid then its worth it, and if u know how to do the work yourself changing head gasket wouldn't be a problem but if bought a car like that, i would change the whole engine with an used would save lots of headaches

[ August 27, 2009, 02:20 AM: Message edited by: losbadgts ]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless707  Ford pictures for stangless707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well I think im gunna go ahead and get it......its a decent car and the engine work shouldn't be too bad.....I'll get sum pics up as soon as I get it

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well I think im gunna go ahead and get it......its a decent car and the engine work shouldn't be too bad.....I'll get sum pics up as soon as I get it

let me buy [Big Grin]

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

quote:
Originally posted by losbadgts:
quote:

let me buy [Big Grin]
Haha nah I'll pass I think imma buy it

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
easy formula.

Well I already have my 82 and I was gunna get this one as either a project or a parts car so I was also wondering if 1000 is a good deal or if I should offer less
A little lowballing won't hurt. I picked up my current project for 800. But then again a grand for an entire car when you look @ it isn't all that much. Good thing though is that if you stick it out and resore the car then you know its YOUR car when its all said and done. I'm not sure what guys live near you but I'm sure the boards will lend a hand if u need it. But the longer u have the car the more shit u gonna find needs replacing. Also look @ what the money you spend could do to the car you already have.........

--------------------

stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

quote:
quote:
quote:
easy formula.

A little lowballing won't hurt. I picked up my current project for 800. But then again a grand for an entire car when you look @ it isn't all that much. Good thing though is that if you stick it out and resore the car then you know its YOUR car when its all said and done. I'm not sure what guys live near you but I'm sure the boards will lend a hand if u need it. But the longer u have the car the more shit u gonna find needs replacing. Also look @ what the money you spend could do to the car you already have.........
Yea I've thought about that and my friend is actually gunna help me pay for it

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

I bought it this morning and here are some pics

-

-

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
A little lowballing won't hurt. I picked up my current project for 800. But then again a grand for an entire car when you look @ it isn't all that much.

I should've charged u more
[Big Grin]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If this is the car that has the fucked up engine...then it looks like your typical $800 "fucked up engine" foxbody. [Big Grin]

What do I think, you ask? Cool, i guess [Razz]

Like 50deep said, he got his project for $800 and honestly...his was alot cleaner and RUNNING. Truthfully, I dont think you got a "deal" with this one [Embarrassed]

[ August 27, 2009, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by EPIK:
quote:
A little lowballing won't hurt. I picked up my current project for 800. But then again a grand for an entire car when you look @ it isn't all that much.

I should've charged u more
[Big Grin]

Yeah u should. Bwhahahaahaha

--------------------

stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
If this is the car that has the fucked up engine...then it looks like your typical $800 "fucked up engine" foxbody. [Big Grin]

What do I think, you ask? Cool, i guess [Razz]

Like 50deep said, he got his project for $800 and honestly...his was alot cleaner and RUNNING. Truthfully, I dont think you got a "deal" with this one [Embarrassed]

It runs it just has a worn piston ring

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you bought this from a guy named eric huh
Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

And its hella dirty cuz its been sitting

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

stangless707
¯
Member # 9099

quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:

Haha yup.......I work with his stepmom

--------------------
Taylor
1982 GL (sold)
1990 LX hatch (traded)
1990 GT hatch (sold)
1988 DropTop LX (sold)
1990 Ex Chp (sold)

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jaejae:

Haha yup.......I work with his stepmom
thas wsup you sure its not a blown headgasket and not the piston ring?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com