Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 9/11/01 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 9/11/01
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will never forget, RIP 343

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

93redcobra
CAFords OG
Member # 1344

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93redcobra  Ford pictures for 93redcobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
same here, i think about it quite often. not just firemen who lost their lives

[patriot]

Number of firefighters and paramedics killed: 343

Number of NYPD officers: 23

Number of Port Authority police officers: 37

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just thinking about how I was on my way to work on 9/11/01 when I turned on the local morning radio show and just heard silence, followed by the announcement of the first tower falling. [Frown]

RIP to those lost. We will never forget.

[patriot]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[patriot]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
fstryde3
¯
Member # 8436

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fstryde3  Ford pictures for fstryde3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RIP to all the heroes of that day and a safe return for those fighting today.
Posts: 2950 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2008  |  :
xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RIP [patriot]

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RIP [patriot]

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will never EVER forget. This was one of the worst days of my life. I watched it all on live TV and remember being in almost a state shock realizing this is real all while im sitting here in the comforts of my home watching the horror before my eyes. Later that night it really sank in about all those innocent people in addition to the heroes of the day. I think about 9/11 all the time and im glad with the increasing juvenile nature of this site someones has the decency to memorialize the day. [patriot]
AND to all the America haters, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY COUNTRY!

[ September 11, 2008, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[worship] [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

IvanFive0
built for twisties
Member # 5574

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for IvanFive0  Ford pictures for IvanFive0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2012 Coyote - Daily
91 Coupe - HCI turbo
88 Mclaren - Griggs, T56, S trim, B50
87 Coupe

Posts: 883 | From: At the apex, passing you! | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
S4OSHUS
¯
Member # 2918

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S4OSHUS  Ford pictures for S4OSHUS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
was not born here but proud to be american citizen legally [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
2001 audi s4 avant stage 3. 460 whp e85
2001 audi S4 stage 3 sold!
91 lx 347 sold!
90 lx notchback sold!
99 cobra sold!

DARKNIGHT
¯
Member # 6045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DARKNIGHT  Ford pictures for DARKNIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://clifflamere.com/Graphics/Img-Flags/firemen-flag-9-11-2001-b.jpg GOD BLESS AMERICA
Posts: 423 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
threethirty1
¯
Member # 7814

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for threethirty1  Ford pictures for threethirty1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rip...Mr. Gary Lee, my next door neighbor for 11 yrs growing up in NY. He road the train most mornings with my father, and work in the WTC complex. A stand up guy and will be remembered always.

--------------------
1987 Black GT
factory zero option car

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a something I have been posting on various forums...

It’s strange sometimes, how your mind remembers certain events in yours and other people’s lives, by the slightest reminder of that event… a word, or thought, etc. I had a bit of déjà vu this morning when I turned on my computer and the date popped up “September 11, 2008”… I remember seven years ago on this day, I walked into my CAD class in high school, turned on my computer and the date on the bottom right of the screen came up – “September 11, 2001” – I had just started my junior year. It was very early in the morning, and no more than 20 or so seconds later our teacher flipped on the news after receiving short phone call from somebody. Everybody in the room stopped what they were doing and we all watched in silence… as the world trade center towers burned and people jumped from the upper stories in a desperate attempt to escape the extreme heat surrounding them. It was tragic to say the least.

The headlines and topics being discussed by reporters were littered with the word terrorism and war. I think most people really didn’t know what to make of the situation. The cameras would cut to a reporter near the scene and confusion would be obvious on everybody’s face… but not for some.

Firefighters and police could be seen doing their job quickly and efficiently… doing whatever they could to get people out of the buildings that were still burning furiously. They worked without concern for their own safety – going into the buildings and bringing people out safely. Doing their job, regardless of how dangerous it seemed.

Then the first building collapsed. People in the news rooms, like most of us still watching from our classroom, could not believe what we were seeing. How many people were still in or around that building? We kept watching… keeping quiet, paying close attention to the screen. The second building collapsed a short while after.

We watched for a few more minutes until our teacher, who had been sitting in the very back of the room, very quietly, walked up to the front of the classroom, turned off the TV, and sat down in a chair facing our class. After about 2 or 3 minutes of him sitting there he finally said something and broke the silence. He was very wise.

“Years from now you guys will be off doing your own thing in the world and something very small will remind you of everything that just happened today. When you are reminded of it… [he paused for about 5 seconds or so… obviously trying to keep himself together] I hope you think about all of the brave firefighters and policeman who thought of everybody else but themselves. All of the heroes.”

He went on… and to this day I can’t believe how intelligent and all-knowing he seemed to be…

“Be grateful for the men and woman of the armed services… I have a feeling this is just the beginning for them. Think of them as well.”

I hope you all take a quick moment today to think about the people you don’t know, who are thousands of miles away from their families and friends, doing something to make a difference.

And don’t forget about firefighters and cops across the nation, who put their lives on the line every day. Think of them as well.

-Cobraboy

-

Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will never forget. My wife woke me up after the first plane hit and we both watched in amazment and disbelief as the second jet came flying in. Up to that point nobody really knew what was happening. It was a horrible feeling, my gut still twists up today when ever I think of it. The World has not been the same since. RIP for All the American victoms and heros who have lost there lives or sacraficed since that day [patriot]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never forget [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never forget the jumpers.

To burn alive or jump to sure death.......their final choice.

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Never forget the jumpers.

-

?

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
have some class [Roll Eyes]
jareds98gt
¯
Member # 7701

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jareds98gt  Ford pictures for jareds98gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
1997 Saleen S281 #192

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow cobraboy that's pretty uncalled for..

never forget 9/11 [patriot]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WTF was that [BS flag] [BS flag] [BS flag] ?

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

It's possibly the worst movie ever made... starring anakin skywalker....

Page: 1  2  3   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com