Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » so do we have frank thomas?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: so do we have frank thomas?
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i havent been keeping up but thought i heard today the a's have picked up frank thomas? wheres all the a's fans at?
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We picked him up awhile ago...where have you been!?! [Wink]

Signed him for $500,000 with incentives that could make it up to a few million.

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man i have been tryn to get this car done finally! and well i havent even watched tv in months!LOL good i hope he will do us some good this year!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think he can earn up too 2.1 million in incetives if i remeber right? but yeah he signed with the a's about a month ago

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, I don't even know why they wasted their money.... that foo is spent- Man his prime was in 93-96 97ish, now he is just an old man.... well whatever, hopefully he produces- I'll be really pissed of if he just gets hurt again and sits the season out!!!! [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

NvrGoFullRetard
CAFords OG
Member # 1633

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrGoFullRetard  Ford pictures for NvrGoFullRetard  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats why they signed him for DH ONLY and only giving him 500,000 with the incentives

--------------------
"formally 4.6 eatin gm's"
white 97gt n/a 320rwhp/325rwtq
01 sierra rcsb lsx 408 (murdered out)
03 ecsb sierra 6.0 on 22's
2011 Tahoe

Posts: 2759 | From: PITTSBURG/FAIRFIELD | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
MustyTang
I love chocolate girls
Member # 896

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustyTang  Ford pictures for MustyTang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by GRIGGYJAMESJIMBO:
Wow, I don't even know why they wasted their money.... that foo is spent- Man his prime was in 93-96 97ish, now he is just an old man.... well whatever, hopefully he produces- I'll be really pissed of if he just gets hurt again and sits the season out!!!! [patriot]

If you look @ his numbers over the course of his career, he has consistently produced....even in shortened seasons due to injury. Just a few years ago in 2003, he hit 42 homers and drove in over 100 runs. In 2004, he only played 74 games and still managed to hit 18 homers with 49 rbi's. Last year he played 34 games with 12 homers and 26 rbi's. The guy can flat out hit for power. He might not be the complete hitter he used to be back in the day, but saying that spending between $500,000 & roughly $2 million is wasted money on a guy that provides much needed pop is unfair.

--------------------
2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustang GT

Posts: 2178 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
lxhatch5.0
¯
Member # 6319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lxhatch5.0  Ford pictures for lxhatch5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
In my opinion-(A FACT) The A's have one of the best farm systems in the nation, proudly producing the likes of many of today's SUPERSTARS....

I.E. Giambi/Zito/Tejada/Mulder/Crosby/ and countless others.

It would of been a better move if they would of drafted/moved-up a better suited player. More complete, athletic, younger, power-hitter, with a good arm, and the BEST thing is the POTENTIAL because of his young age. Not to mention, it would of been a lot cheaper/safer than acquiring Frank Thomas.

The A's staff/coaches/trainers have developed many kids into mature professional baseball players. But Frank Thomas lacks sportsmanship, and ethics. You guys know why the White Sox let him go....

And to add, Frank Thomas is. Sort of say "pretty close to hanging up his jersey". Not too many years ago he had surgery, and needed a couple seasons to recover, not fully recovering and his performance dropping consistantly.

Just my 0.2 Cents [patriot]

--------------------
*NorCal

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to LOVE to watch "The Train" when he actually 'played' for the White Sox [Big Grin] Hopefully he stays healthy and sparks up baseball for the bay area [patriot]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com