Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Bay Area Rap. (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Bay Area Rap.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love Bay Area rap Music, but I swear Keak da Sneak is the most GARBAGE rapper of all time and the worst to ever come out of Oakland. I wish he could read this too. Who the fuck can understand what this fool says. "barappapabang" WTF [Eek!] . I swear if anyone likes his music I dont whats wrong with you. This mofo has no skill what so ever. Someone needs to tell that fool to stop mumbling all the damn time. I can't stress how GARBAGE he is, LOL.

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol..I agree on this one.
BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i been listening to him for a long time, so most if not all i understand it...He kinda sounds like cougnut, all raspy but you can make out what cougnut says better..Bavgate now he sucks and you can make out everything he says..
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He isn't a hard lyricist but his style is definitely original. It's a fact one he opens his mouth on a track you KNOW its him.

He made up so much bay slang that he's not getting credit for either. There are much better lyricists out there but he makes some slamming tracks.

Who do you like?

uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
He isn't a hard lyricist but his style is definitely original. It's a fact one he opens his mouth on a track you KNOW its him.

He made up so much bay slang that he's not getting credit for either. There are much better lyricists out there but he makes some slamming tracks.

i'll second that. i think he's coo.

[ February 22, 2006, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: uh0h50 ]

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blk91StangKreepn:
i been listening to him for a long time, so most if not all i understand it...He kinda sounds like cougnut, all raspy but you can make out what cougnut says better..Bavgate now he sucks and you can make out everything he says..

I can't believe you even campared him to Cougnut. He sounds nothing like him. [Roll Eyes]
cougnut is definatelty one f the best bay area rappers ever. I.M.P. [worship] .

Anyone can make up there own style. Wether its good or not is the question. Keak =GARBAGE [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree that Keak's style is hard to understand, BUT its catchy. YOu gotta give up to him though...he's one of the VERY FEW bay artists that gets air time. I dont HELLA like the guy, but some of his tracks are hot just because they make you "move" [dance]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

I guess I'm more of a lyrical content type person, then. Keak just sounds like he is throwing words together to make a sentence. He doesn't have a really big vocab. I don't really care for songs that make you move. I like to listen and bob my head and lose myself in the track while smoking a nice J. [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 GT

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ill actually let people know who know/work w him [Wink]

but I like keak agree he doesnt sound like cougnut and I like keak but i think hes gettin played out actually the whole "hyphy" shit is dont get me wrong i still say stuff or refer to things more bc its funny but drives me crazy every where u go people think their at the side shows and need to act like retards people arlready think ur STUPID no need to give them ne more fuel for the fire [Roll Eyes] and everyone thinks "thizzing" is the best thing in the world no one thinks of all the people that die from it and stuff [Frown] and perhaps you should go get a real job instead of thizzing and puttin mac dre and pics of ur and ur friends lookin and acting like retards on ur myspace and shit [Roll Eyes] sorry just seems like thats what everyone is doing [Confused] but other then that I do like his music [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think there has to be another motive for not liking the guy because anyone that likes rap can apprecciate an original sound and defenitely never says that ANYONE can make an original sound. i think you need to admit you love 50cent and tony yayo. cause you are not a bay area rap fan.

Justin

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CLEEN 50:
I guess I'm more of a lyrical content type person, then. Keak just sounds like he is throwing words together to make a sentence. He doesn't have a really big vocab. I don't really care for songs that make you move. I like to listen and bob my head and lose myself in the track while smoking a nice J. [Big Grin]

[patriot] I agree but u have to admit he does come tight and does have good beats to smoke and bob ur head to [Big Grin]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like bay rap, but and I guess garabage is a strong word to use. I cant listen to him for an extended amount of time. Its almost like his voice becomes the beat and you dont really listen to him. I think 50 is absolute crap.
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by FoRdGiRl:
quote:

[patriot] I agree but u have to admit he does come tight and does have good beats to smoke and bob ur head to [Big Grin]
I agree his beats are tight. But i can't listen to him, he's too annoying. all I think when I listen to him, is how did someone this GARBAGE make it and why do people put him in the same category as E-40, and Quinn. Music has to be perfect and mean something when I listen to it. I'm a critic [Big Grin]

--------------------
91 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
Originally posted by n8y8:
I think 50 is absolute crap.

He is, but it is still 10x's better than than the GARBAGE keak puts out. [patriot]

--------------------
91 GT

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
the whole "hyphy" shit is dont get me wrong i still say stuff or refer to things more bc its funny but drives me crazy every where u go people think their at the side shows and need to act like retards people arlready think ur STUPID no need to give them ne more fuel for the fire [Roll Eyes] and everyone thinks "thizzing" is the best thing in the world no one thinks of all the people that die from it and stuff [Frown] and perhaps you should go get a real job instead of thizzing and puttin mac dre and pics of ur and ur friends lookin and acting like retards on ur myspace and shit [Roll Eyes] sorry just seems like thats what everyone is doing [Confused] but other then that I do like his music [patriot]

[worship] Thats what I'm sayin! I swear, everyone acts like they've loved Mac Dre all their lives, when in reality, some of these kids dont know who Mac Dre is [Roll Eyes] They just think he's cool because all the older Bay fans said he was after he died...some kids are just full of shit. And I have to agree with you when you said that everyone swears Thizzin is hella cool and love showing it off...one word = retarded. Go ahead and thizz, do crack, shoot up...whatever. But know that you will NOT be seen as COOL when you're on the corner beggin for a hit:rolleyes: Seriously though, the most annoying thing about this whole Bay Area ordeal is that everyone: Black, White, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Mexican, etc thinks they're Mac Dre..why, cuz he's dead [BS flag]

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
quote:
quote:

I agree his beats are tight. But i can't listen to him, he's too annoying. all I think when I listen to him, is how did someone this GARBAGE make it and why do people put him in the same category as E-40, and Quinn. Music has to be perfect and mean something when I listen to it. I'm a critic [Big Grin]
it seems more like ur feeling like that bc of all this bay movement stuff instead of people puttin out good lyrics and bay beats its the same shit in every song and keak is a perfect example of that but be glad theres a million more rappers out there and maybe u should check out some underground shows ive been going to those a lot lately and hella like them bc its diffrent and people arent always sayin teh same shit plus u get to see people u wouldnt normally know about and gives u somethign to do on teh weekend besides the normal clubbin and bars [Wink]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

My man J.E.T is a upcoming Bay Rapper if ya'll get a chance check out his shit. I dont entirely follow this whole bay movement (I from the era when Oakland was still 415 and E14 was not International) But Rick Rock got some trunk rattlin beats pouring out of the bay. And when that E40 and keek song "Tell Me When to Go" comes on the club goes nuts!
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
quote:
the whole "hyphy" shit is dont get me wrong i still say stuff or refer to things more bc its funny but drives me crazy every where u go people think their at the side shows and need to act like retards people arlready think ur STUPID no need to give them ne more fuel for the fire and everyone thinks "thizzing" is the best thing in the world no one thinks of all the people that die from it and stuff and perhaps you should go get a real job instead of thizzing and puttin mac dre and pics of ur and ur friends lookin and acting like retards on ur myspace and shit sorry just seems like thats what everyone is doing [Confused] but other then that I do like his music

Thats what I'm sayin! I swear, everyone acts like they've loved Mac Dre all their lives, when in reality, some of these kids dont know who Mac Dre is [Roll Eyes] They just think he's cool because all the older Bay fans said he was after he died...some kids are just full of shit. And I have to agree with you when you said that everyone swears Thizzin is hella cool and love showing it off...one word = retarded. Go ahead and thizz, do crack, shoot up...whatever. But know that you will NOT be seen as COOL when you're on the corner beggin for a hit:rolleyes: Seriously though, the most annoying thing about this whole Bay Area ordeal is that everyone: Black, White, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Mexican, etc thinks they're Mac Dre..why, cuz he's dead [BS flag]
[patriot] Im the first to not be like white people hsouldnt do that or stuff like that bc i grow up in oakland and had to deal w people hating on me all the tiem bc i was white so i dont bring color into it but yes every race pretty much has gold grills now and pics of mac everywhere and thizz this thizz that its just stupid [Roll Eyes] half of them either are hella rich and act like thier strugglin or are broke and cant get a job but go out and buy gold grills that are sooo ugly and most of us dont think thats tight or cool and most people think that thizz and hyphy shit is stupid got played out hella quick bc everyone and their grandmas and shit jumped on it [Roll Eyes] but the best is the odl ass white guys in expensive ass cars driving through blackhawk and shit bumpin that stuff again im not racist but when its pretty obvious ur doign that for attnetion or to pick up on young girls pretty lame if u ask me [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
People always rag on the Bay hanging on the "Hyphy" tip but everyone other side does it with different themes.

For example,

Dirty South = Crunk

Texas = Tippin', Codeine, Grillz

East = Clothing lines, cars, and jewelry, Fake beef

West = Hyphy, Dumb, Scrapers

Sure it all sounds dumb but it all boils down to money. None of this shit dies down because of the cash it pulls in from the people wanting to hear it. Whether you like it or not, its here to stay. Not only from the people that support it (the majority are HS kids) but the people that buy into it as well.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I still dont understand what thizz'n is. And when I was young, to tell someone they were acting "hyphy" was not a good thing. That "hyphy" word is not new at all.... dope fiends would be what we called "hypes" or acting "hyphy". Damn I am old, old slang is starting to double back on me. But I still love the fact the Bay is gettin on the map in the Rap world.

[ February 22, 2006, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: n8y8 ]

FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

THESE ARE PEOPLE IM COOL W IF U WANNA CHECK THEM OUT ON MYSPACE:

http://www.myspace.com/enzymedynamite
http://www.myspace.com/soulasystem THATS TRIPPLE JAYS PAGE FROM THE LOST SOULS THEYVE RAPPED W SOME BIGGER BAY RAPPERS [patriot]

....I WAS GONNA POST A BUNCH MORE BUT WILL TAKE FOREVER AND IM BOUT TO LEAVE SO U CAN GO TO MY MYSPACE PAGE I HAVE LIKE HUNDREDS OF BAY UNDERGROUND RAPPERS AND OTHER MUSIC TOO ON THERE U CAN SEARCH MY FRIENDS http://www.myspace.com/fordgirl

--------------------

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
quote:
the whole "hyphy" shit is dont get me wrong i still say stuff or refer to things more bc its funny but drives me crazy every where u go people think their at the side shows and need to act like retards people arlready think ur STUPID no need to give them ne more fuel for the fire and everyone thinks "thizzing" is the best thing in the world no one thinks of all the people that die from it and stuff [Frown] and perhaps you should go get a real job instead of thizzing and puttin mac dre and pics of ur and ur friends lookin and acting like retards on ur myspace and shit [Roll Eyes] sorry just seems like thats what everyone is doing [Confused] but other then that I do like his music [patriot]

[worship] Thats what I'm sayin! I swear, everyone acts like they've loved Mac Dre all their lives, when in reality, some of these kids dont know who Mac Dre is [Roll Eyes] They just think he's cool because all the older Bay fans said he was after he died...some kids are just full of shit. And I have to agree with you when you said that everyone swears Thizzin is hella cool and love showing it off...one word = retarded. Go ahead and thizz, do crack, shoot up...whatever. But know that you will NOT be seen as COOL when you're on the corner beggin for a hit:rolleyes: Seriously though, the most annoying thing about this whole Bay Area ordeal is that everyone: Black, White, Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Mexican, etc thinks they're Mac Dre..why, cuz he's dead [BS flag]
I totally agree with you there. I was never ever a Mac Dre fan! To tell you the truth I think his lyrics weren't all that either. He really didn't even blow up until right before he died. Thizzin, feelin urself, and hyphy are all GAY! Everyone wants to act like that was their favorite rapper now that he gone. People I swear [Roll Eyes] . The same thing happened when PAC died. No you see all these HS kids wearing his shirts and shit and they dont even know what he stood for.

--------------------
91 GT

CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

quote:
quote:
the whole "hyphy" shit is dont get me wrong i still say stuff or refer to things more bc its funny but drives me crazy every where u go people think their at the side shows and need to act like retards people arlready think ur STUPID no need to give them ne more fuel for the fire and everyone thinks "thizzing" is the best thing in the world no one thinks of all the people that die from it and stuff [Frown] and perhaps you should go get a real job instead of thizzing and puttin mac dre and pics of ur and ur friends lookin and acting like retards on ur myspace and shit [Roll Eyes] sorry just seems like thats what everyone is doing [Confused] but other then that I do like his music [patriot]

I totally agree with you there. I was never ever a Mac Dre fan! To tell you the truth I think his lyrics weren't all that either. He really didn't even blow up until right before he died. Thizzin, feelin urself, and hyphy are all GAY! Everyone wants to act like that was their favorite rapper now that he gone. People I swear [Roll Eyes] . The same thing happened when PAC died. No you see all these HS kids wearing his shirts and shit and they dont even know what he stood for.

--------------------
91 GT

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If Keak was anything near GARBAGE , his music wouldnt be getting mainstream play. Without skills and talent you wouldnt be anything - Your just irritated by his voice and style of rapping - dont worry youll get use to it - Now when you say GARBAGE - SEAN PAUL IS FUKNN GARBAGE - THAT FUCKER SINGS IN ARABIC OR SOMESHIT - UGHHH ! [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Mad]
Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
BlkZ28Kreepn
¯
Member # 6333

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlkZ28Kreepn  Ford pictures for BlkZ28Kreepn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blk91StangKreepn:

I can't believe you even campared him to Cougnut. He sounds nothing like him. [Roll Eyes]
cougnut is definatelty one f the best bay area rappers ever. I.M.P. [worship] .

Anyone can make up there own style. Wether its good or not is the question. Keak =GARBAGE [patriot]

i compared there voices..lyrically over all dont get me wrong, keak is no where near cougnut.

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com