Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 5-lug rims on foxbody with front center cap?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 5-lug rims on foxbody with front center cap?
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering what 5-lug rims would fit on a foxbody with 5-lug conversion that can use the front center caps/hub caps. I noticed that most 5-lug converted foxbodies do not have front center caps, but a few do. Does it depend on the rims or the type of 5-lug conversion done?

--------------------
1989 Notchback "SF Giants" edition...
Goodbye '00 Kawi ZX-6R...you will be missed dearly.

....on with the show! :)

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can use the mark 7 front rotors or the sn95 front brakes, the mark 7 rotors you cant use the center caps on certain rims and the sn95 you can the ceter caps
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so if the car currently can not fit center caps, then its Mark 7 rotors? Would i be able to fit sn95 rotors with the rest staying the same, or do I have to have the whole sn95 brake setup to use the sn95 rotors? Assuming that the car has Mark 7 rotors, is there any way to make the caps fit?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its really easy to see if its 5 lug converter the ghetto way or the right way.

the SN95 front setup uses a hub with the wheel studs in it, and holes in the rotors for the studs to come through. The Mark VII rotors are fox style and have the studs in the rotor.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWayzSix:
Assuming that the car has Mark 7 rotors, is there any way to make the caps fit?

yes, take a dremal or a grinder to the hat on the rotor to round it off so that the wheel center caps can fit.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWayzSix  Ford pictures for SydeWayzSix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
quote:

yes, take a dremal or a grinder to the hat on the rotor to round it off so that the wheel center caps can fit.
will grinding it affect it?

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by blind:
quote:

will grinding it affect it?
center caps wont fit becuase the dust cap is to big, you can also take a mallet to it.
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

so is the dust cap too big both on the Mark 7 rotors and the SN95 rotors...or just the Mark 7 rotors? (sorry for the ignorance....I dont have the car YET, but will this week. Just want to know what to do when I actually have it) [patriot]

--------------------

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

quote:
so is the dust cap too big both on the Mark 7 rotors and the SN95 rotors...or just the Mark 7 rotors? (sorry for the ignorance....I dont have the car YET, but will this week. Just want to know what to do when I actually have it) [patriot]

the mark 7 rotors have the large dust caps and the sn95 didnt.
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

ok...then I can safely say that this car has the Mark 7 5-lug conversion...good to know [patriot] Now, what OEM Ford rims will fit with the center cap in place (Bullits, FR500's, 03 Cobras, etc)??

--------------------

cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cvr 5.0  Ford pictures for cvr 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i know 95 and 98 cobra rims fit but 99/01 cobra rims do not.....

--------------------
-89 MUSTANG 5.0 lx vert (sold as of 2-10-08 for $8K)
-Ford F-100 with blown chevy 502
2004.5 dodge ram, 500hp and 1100tq
-84 yoda on 39s

Posts: 977 | From: Fremont ,ca | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

quote:
Originally posted by cvr 5.0:

well, the car has cobra R's on them right now (I beleive they're 95 R's) and the front caps don't fit [Confused]

--------------------

cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cvr 5.0  Ford pictures for cvr 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

well, the car has cobra R's on them right now (I beleive they're 95 R's) and the front caps don't fit [Confused]
i have the mark 7 rotors on my 89 mustang with 95 cobra R 17 x 9 (5 lug)and center caps fit....

[ February 20, 2006, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: cvr 5.0 ]

--------------------
-84 yoda on 39s

cvr 5.0
¯
Member # 2962

post pics of front set up

[ February 20, 2006, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: cvr 5.0 ]

--------------------
-84 yoda on 39s

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

quote:
quote:
quote:

i have the mark 7 rotor with 95 cobra R 17 x 9 and center caps fit....
well then....I'll have to check mine out [Smile]

--------------------

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just take a mallet and dent in the dust caps. i did that on my lincoln set-up and they fit fine.

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

SydeWayzSix
¯
Member # 2222

quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
just take a mallet and dent in the dust caps. i did that on my lincoln set-up and they fit fine.

cool...i'll have to try that. Thanks guys [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com