Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Thanks from Brg

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Thanks from Brg
89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who participated today at the dynoday at Brg, it was nice seeing all those mustangs, let me know what you guys thought and if we should host more. thanks again, Chris ( L.c. )
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
me,phat50 and my two boys(ages10&7)rolled out there in my 86 and had a blast.fisrt time on the dyno.
it was cool meeting you guys and other from this board.i took my camera but forgot all about it.  - did you get any pics?

[ February 18, 2006, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: carajo ]

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how tha car do?

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

89foxstang
¯
Member # 5908

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89foxstang  Ford pictures for 89foxstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He did good i thought it was like 3 something to the wheels, but it would have been better if the nitrous was working correctly. [Smile]
And we also took somepictures of the cars but i left the camera at work so hopefully they will be up soon. i warn you though i am no photographer! Also the guy from drive magazine was down there and took some pictures too!

[ February 19, 2006, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: 89foxstang ]

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Was your dyno calibrated right?

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah Thanks LC,
You and BC took good care of us! I had a good time and picked up 25 HP! I took some pics! Here is a sample, I will post some more later.

-

[patriot]

Thanks, Glen

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by WILDTHANG:
Yeah Thanks LC,
You and BC took good care of us! I had a good time and picked up 25 HP! I took some pics! Here is a sample, I will post some more later.

-

[patriot]

Thanks, Glen

HORSEPOWER AND HOE'S!
[worship] [Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dynoguy  Ford pictures for dynoguy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the pic Glen. As you can see we had a "prize" for each participant lol.
I enjoyed meeting you guys on Sat. Thanks to everyone who came out. Look for an article and some pics in Drive Magazine in late April or early May.
As to the dyno calibration we set up our Mustang dyno to put out internet ...err Dynojet numbers to make it easier to compare. Glen even did a little tuning and we had another guy datalogging. I am impressed with the tech savy of the CA Fords community!

Thanks again

B.C.

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by twisted54:
Was your dyno calibrated right?

It seemed to be off. SmokinLx put his on that day and the numbers were way high. It said he was in the 500's or some shit at 5000 rpms, lol. Other guys had real high numbers too for what they had.
dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dynoguy  Ford pictures for dynoguy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nobody even came close to 500.

[ February 20, 2006, 01:15 AM: Message edited by: dynoguy ]

--------------------
Chris
BRG Racing/Dyno
(925)680-2560
chris@brgracing.com
www.brgracing.com

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by dynoguy:

That one run with the white notch? Maybe his torque was in the 500's? The HP was definitely in the mid 400 on one of the runs. It doesn't matter the dyno was fucked up or some shit.
WILDTHANG
¯
Member # 4441

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for WILDTHANG  Ford pictures for WILDTHANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyBurnout:
quote:

That one run with the white notch? Maybe his torque was in the 500's? The HP was definitely in the mid 400 on one of the runs. It doesn't matter the dyno was fucked up or some shit.
Chris was clear at the start, that the Dyno programming was changed the day before to "Dyno Jet" and it was done for tuning reasons at a customers request. He went on to tell us that the numbers recorded would be approx. 20% higher than "Mustang Dyno" numbers. This is pretty typical if you look at any "Mustang" style chassis dyno veres a "Dyno Jet", they will net much different numbers all things being equal.

quote:

As to the dyno calibration we set up our Mustang dyno to put out internet ...err Dynojet numbers to make it easier to compare.

--------------------
07 GT500
66 Drop

dynoguy
¯
Member # 6457

Dear Smokey,
Where you present on Saturday? I just can't remember anyone being so negative at the event. It has become obvious that you can't please everyone and that is ok i guess. It is kind of frustrating though that people get turned off by the real Mustang numbers (too low) so we try to give a more popular standard and now they are too high.

I'm not sure we will continue the Dyno Jet style numbers as having two standards in our database is confusing. I will tell you this, if you can make 300+ on our dyno with Mustang numbers...you ain't slow!

Cheers

Chris
BRG Racing
www.brgracing.com

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com