Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » HCI says the Cobra is Ready!... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: HCI says the Cobra is Ready!...
RixSikCobra
¯
Member # 5058

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RixSikCobra  Ford pictures for RixSikCobra  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Travis from HCI called about a hour or 2 ago to let me know that the Snake is complete and ready for delivery. I personally haven't heard the motor yet but he says the thing is "off the hook". He said when they fired it up, the new cams had the car arockin' from side to side and the people in the building next door said the walls were shakin' ...NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!! I'm gonna try and pick it up tommorrow, but I'm on a tight schedule, and truly, I wasn't expecting it for a 'til next week, but you can bet I'll try and get it tomorrow. If I can't pick it up Fri, then it'll have to be on Tue due to work.

BIG, huge ass, thanx to Travis, Sean(CaFords), Dave, and last but certainly not least, Cole(chief builder) at HCI for all of their hard work and getting it to me ahead of schedule. They knew how much I wanted it for the cruise comin' up and they accomodated me bigtime. The customer service was top notch the whole time they had the car and if the motor is half as good as they treated me, I'm confident I'm in pretty good shape. [patriot] [patriot]

I'm gonna call Jeff tommorrow and setup a dyno-tune date and I'll post the numbers as soon as I get 'em. Any guesses on what they'll be?

Peace 'til then, folks.

--------------------
2004 Terminator
Torch Red Vert
Built,Ported,Cammed,Juiced

Posts: 2120 | From: Pleasanton | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HCI is one of the best shops i have ever been too. and if they are impressed with the car...you know you have something specail

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweeeeet! [Whoo Whooooo!]

What exactly did they do for you besides a new shortblock and cams?

Sounds like fun [burnout] [burnout]

Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what car of this is yours and what setup you got?
Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
91 5.0 5speed
¯
Member # 1867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0 5speed  Ford pictures for 91 5.0 5speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RixSikCobra:
Travis from HCI called about a hour or 2 ago to let me know that the Snake is complete and ready for delivery. I personally haven't heard the motor yet but he says the thing is "off the hook". He said when they fired it up, the new cams had the car arockin' from side to side and the people in the building next door said the walls were shakin' ...NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!!! I'm gonna try and pick it up tommorrow, but I'm on a tight schedule, and truly, I wasn't expecting it for a 'til next week, but you can bet I'll try and get it tomorrow. If I can't pick it up Fri, then it'll have to be on Tue due to work.

BIG, huge ass, thanx to Travis, Sean(CaFords), Dave, and last but certainly not least, Cole(chief builder) at HCI for all of their hard work and getting it to me ahead of schedule. They knew how much I wanted it for the cruise comin' up and they accomodated me bigtime. The customer service was top notch the whole time they had the car and if the motor is half as good as they treated me, I'm confident I'm in pretty good shape. [patriot] [patriot]

I'm gonna call Jeff tommorrow and setup a dyno-tune date and I'll post the numbers as soon as I get 'em. Any guesses on what they'll be?

Peace 'til then, folks.

It will still be slow and not run correctly! [Big Grin]

congrats.

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry rick but I just can't jock properly until I know what you had done [BS flag]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congradulatio's Rick! Get Your ass over there tomorrow and start breakin it in. [burnout]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

gtstang03
¯
Member # 5472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtstang03  Ford pictures for gtstang03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet, man that thing is going to rip... Like it did'nt before!!!

--------------------
03 gt black
out with the NOVI, in with t-76 :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8T3y9bkGU

Posts: 132 | From: redding, ca | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u got a KB 2.2L on this new motor right?

cant wait to see some PICS!!

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You're still gonna be slllloooooooowwwww..... [Wink]

Congrats on getting it back together!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sik Rick! [patriot] Make a video of it idling!

I may be a customer of HCI if things go good this weekend [Wink]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i might have seen yours my boy deion has his fox up there getting the 03 cobra motor and tranny i think thats cool they seem like they know what they are doing up there good luck and what up to h.c.i

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i will also be a customer pretty soon [Wink]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on Rick, now get some sound bites up or some video up, bet you are as happy as a fat kid with a box full of twinkies [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

SmokeyBurnout
¯
Member # 5745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokeyBurnout  Ford pictures for SmokeyBurnout    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!]

good shit RICK!! glad to hear its done..i have NO CLUE what has been done to it...but from the sound of it it sounds like a BEAST! lets meet up sometime in dublin or wherever i wanna check it out. my GT should be up and running again very soon. gettin tax return!! dont know if i should get rims/tires..or go with gears [Wink] hmmmm lol

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell ya rick! If I didnt have to work today ( Or knew about it sooner) I could of given you a ride up there if you needed it bud, I know you want your baby back lol

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How long was it down for, i think i can relate when it comes to waiting on getting a car back, so i know exactly how you must be feeling!! Cant wait to see the ride and meet up with ya one day brotha!!! Now break'er in easy, an-den tear some chit up!!! You know when you are breaking it in, everyone and there moms mom is gonna wanna race you, but the minute its all broke in and ready for the strip.......NO ONE will be pulling up next to you, cuz that how shit works!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad you're happy with us. [Smile]

The cams are a little roudy at the moment. Most of that will easily be tuned out.

Changes to the motor setup: (hope you don't mind me posting this Rick)
Custom cam specs: 226/228 116LSA .545/.495
Compcams valvesprings/retainers
18.1cc dished pistons with taperwall wrist pins & file-fit rings
Clevite bearings, crankshaft/rods resized/ground & race preped
Heads freshened up
ARP studded shortblock
Blower lobes lowered in the case from .007 rotor to wall clearance to .004". (I did this for 'fun'......but Travis wasn't too happy that we're not charging for it....but Rick doesn't even know I did it till he reads this....should be worth another 1psi boost).

There were a few minor issues we took care of as well when we came accross them.

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congratulations Rick. I am looking forward to seeing this car in person on the 19th.

HCI and Shaun (specifically) did excellent work for me, too. There isn't a finer shop around and I, like many others on this site, am a 100% satisfied customer.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93PONY:
Glad you're happy with us. [Smile]

The cams are a little roudy at the moment. Most of that will easily be tuned out.

Changes to the motor setup: (hope you don't mind me posting this Rick)
Custom cam specs: 226/228 116LSA .545/.495
Compcams valvesprings/retainers
18.1cc dished pistons with taperwall wrist pins & file-fit rings
Clevite bearings, crankshaft/rods resized/ground & race preped
Heads freshened up
ARP studded shortblock
Blower lobes lowered in the case from .007 rotor to wall clearance to .004". (I did this for 'fun'......but Travis wasn't too happy that we're not charging for it....but Rick doesn't even know I did it till he reads this....should be worth another 1psi boost).

There were a few minor issues we took care of as well when we came accross them.

thats freakin sweet! I cant wait to hear this bad boy lol

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
blownstang98
¯
Member # 5469

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for blownstang98  Ford pictures for blownstang98    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on man sounds bad ass cant wait to hear some video of it.

--------------------
MMR MOD 900, hp stage 2 blower cams, stage 2 ported heads waiting for the 18 pounds of booosssttt to come.

Posts: 508 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Right on rick! congrats!

I have had my cobra back for about two weeks its getting tuned and dnyoed today. So i should know what kind of numbers it will make later today. HCI did a bad ass job on my car also. Hands down the best shop around.

I'll let you know my number later today. Of coures my set up is a little more wilder then yours [Wink] . But don't worry i'll take it easy on you when we run into each other.

[Whoo Whooooo!] for HCI

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

SPEC -Fabrication
¯
Member # 4980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPEC -Fabrication  Ford pictures for SPEC -Fabrication    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SWEET! if you want I can pick it up for you [Razz] ,

Right on rick [patriot]

--------------------
1999 Saleen#124
1997 Tahoe
2006 ZX636R
CWS certified welder

Posts: 1321 | From: drinkin BEER! | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
andyman_2k01
CAFords OG
Member # 1448

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for andyman_2k01  Ford pictures for andyman_2k01    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats rick. i can't wait to see that thing pull on the freeway. where is HCI located, i may be thinking of taking my car there eventually.

--------------------
-00 Mustang GT (R Clone)
-99 Saleen Convert. #231-SOLD

Posts: 1503 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com