Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Brakes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Brakes
93cobracoupestang
¯
Member # 5765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93cobracoupestang  Ford pictures for 93cobracoupestang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so my plan is to have disc all around my car. I know the easiest route for that is to go 5lug. I wanted to go the right route for it so everything worked out alright. I want to have 18 inch rims on it also.

My question was if I was to go 5lug would it be better to buy the actual conversion kit from ford? or buy the axles and what not from here? (from the bronco axle or whatever setup) I heard theres some fitting issues, but I was not sure.

Would that setup also be some what compariable to the ford setup, as in all around support for the car and braking?(Because my biggest concern is to have a great brake setup) but i was not sure what route to take thx for the help [patriot]

--------------------
1993 Lx Coupe.....a couple bolt ons.

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 600

AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You'd better just buy the kit [Roll Eyes] Save yourself the future inevitable headache

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey rob if you're converting to 5 lug my buddy evan is interested in buying some 17" chrome cobra r's 4 lug. Let me know if you wanna sell em soon.

--------------------
91 GT

two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93cobracoupestang:
Ok so my plan is to have disc all around my car. I know the easiest route for that is to go 5lug. I wanted to go the right route for it so everything worked out alright. I want to have 18 inch rims on it also.

My question was if I was to go 5lug would it be better to buy the actual conversion kit from ford? or buy the axles and what not from here? (from the bronco axle or whatever setup) I heard theres some fitting issues, but I was not sure.

Would that setup also be some what compariable to the ford setup, as in all around support for the car and braking?(Because my biggest concern is to have a great brake setup) but i was not sure what route to take thx for the help [patriot]

do you not listen when i answered your ques, i told you the easy way and the hard way to go 5 lug and have rear disks.

[ April 20, 2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
look at the tech section of my site. It has all the info you'd ever want to know.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out this site

www.sn95brakes.com

It has all the info you will need to do a 5 lug conversion. I would personally buy all the parts used. You will save yourself a ton of money.

BTW, I have a 5 lug front setup off of a Lincon for sale for $60 [Wink] PM me if interested [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com