Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Good muffler shop

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Good muffler shop
CHP2981
¯
Member # 9240

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHP2981  Ford pictures for CHP2981    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking for a shop that can run my exhaust from the mufflers out to the tips. I had a Griggs T/A and P/HB installed, thinking that I could still run tips. I took it to the local shop that's worked on my car before and he said the PHB was in the way and I'd have to run dumps. So I went and bought the exhaust pipes from the car the Griggs stuff came from with no luck. I thought it was too low so I even got the springs from the same car to make it the same height. Still the same answer from the muffler guy. If anybody got any ideas or places that have done an exhaust system on a car with a Griggs set up let me know. Thanks in advance fellas

--------------------
No half steppin

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Speedy exhaust and performance in hayward. They do real good work.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i run all that stuff around everything, mandrel even if you want. gets expensive. 707 297 0868
9snake5
¯
Member # 10881

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9snake5  Ford pictures for 9snake5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90GT510:

++1 they do real good work

--------------------
94 svt cobra
00 expedition

ponykid90
¯
Member # 12978

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponykid90  Ford pictures for ponykid90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try downtown mufflers in hayward. i take all my cars there

--------------------
90 vert, 90 hatch(new), 89 drop(new), 88 vert(sold), 92 notch(sold), 66 stang(sold), 90vert(sold), 83 TTop(sold/in a ditch in sac somewhere)

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Maybe they used to be good, but I took my truck there 4-5 months ago and their work was horrible.

There was another muffler shop 1-2miles from there that I used to go to, but the old man retired so I tried Speedy b/c of the recommendation from guys here. I shouldn't have listen, LOL.

510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangin':
quote:

Maybe they used to be good, but I took my truck there 4-5 months ago and their work was horrible.

There was another muffler shop 1-2miles from there that I used to go to, but the old man retired so I tried Speedy b/c of the recommendation from guys here. I shouldn't have listen, LOL.

There is 2 speedy mufflers in Hayward.maybe you got the bad one.theres one on dollar st.and one on industrial.i think the dollar st is the good one.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 510.86.notch:
quote:
quote:

There is 2 speedy mufflers in Hayward.maybe you got the bad one.theres one on dollar st.and one on industrial.i think the dollar st is the good one.
Well ain't that some shit, lol. I did go to the one on industrial.

I'll give the other location a shot next time. I should pay more attention next time.

510.86.notch
¯
Member # 9892

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510.86.notch  Ford pictures for 510.86.notch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 510.86.notch:
quote:
quote:

Well ain't that some shit, lol. I did go to the one on industrial.

I'll give the other location a shot next time. I should pay more attention next time.

Yea I made that same mistake.i had no choice.he was the only one open at that time willing to weld some slp's on for me.welds look like shit but they are still holding up.made another mistake trying that Mexican food spot on the corner next door.shit was garbage.

--------------------
91 mustang coupe
84 mustang svo
89 mustang.4cyl5speed.
87 thunderbird turbo coupe-sold
86 mustang GT hatch-sold-kinda
86 mustang coupe-sold

Posts: 1062 | From: san leandro | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com