Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Having issues with theft alert on my 03 mach 1

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Having issues with theft alert on my 03 mach 1
1.mach.8.u
¯
Member # 13869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1.mach.8.u  Ford pictures for 1.mach.8.u    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My car is a 03 Mach 1,
sometimes does not want to start and the theft light flashes a lot, I keep the ignition open for about 15sec and it turns right on, but some times it starts normal any tips of what it my be, thanks

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone
W/ nitrous

NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the PATS (Passive anti theft system) on these cars uses an RFID chip in the key and the receiver is in the steering column near the ignition switch.

It could be that the RFID reader is having a hard time reading the key and may need to be replaced.

Normally the theft light flases but if it stays on then its a problem with the PATS system.

It could be something else.

Good luck!

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

1.mach.8.u
¯
Member # 13869

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1.mach.8.u  Ford pictures for 1.mach.8.u    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NK2186:
the PATS (Passive anti theft system) on these cars uses an RFID chip in the key and the receiver is in the steering column near the ignition switch.

It could be that the RFID reader is having a hard time reading the key and may need to be replaced.

Normally the theft light flases but if it stays on then its a problem with the PATS system.

Good luck!

Thanks bro for the hints,
But yeah when the car turns on normal it flash ones and it goes away and turns right on, but when it does not want to turn on it flashes fast in till 15sec with ignition on, then it turns on
Do you think I should get a new key done???

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone
W/ nitrous

NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1.mach.8.u:
quote:
Originally posted by NK2186:

Good luck!

Thanks bro for the hints,
But yeah when the car turns on normal it flash ones and it goes away and turns right on, but when it does not want to turn on it flashes fast in till 15sec with ignition on, then it turns on
Do you think I should get a new key done???

No do not get a new key, this wont take care of your issue. Plus it will cost a lot to get it programmed into the car unless you have two keys then you can program it yourself.

It is normal for the theft light to flash, if it stays solid then the PATS systems is in effect and will cut power to the starter motor and then the fuel injectors if you manage to "hotwire" the starter somehow. That is how the PATS systems works. At least from what I read on all data [Smile]

Your problem is most likely elsewhere. Check battery connections to ensure they are all tight and try wiggling the ignition when this happens to make sure its not a problem somewhere in the column.

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com