Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HELP ASAP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP ASAP
Ant.Abernathy
¯
Member # 13522

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ant.Abernathy  Ford pictures for Ant.Abernathy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i did a v6 to mach 1 swap and i asked the shop to rebuild my engine prior to installing it so i wouldnt run into any problems. The donor mach 1 was in a front end wreck so i wanted to make sure the block was fine since it was in front end wreck and timing cover was broken and chain guide broken. It has 80 k miles and no other issues from what the shop told me after he cleaned everything and had the block checked. So my issue is my car was in the shop forever then finally i get my car back from the shop and it ran for a week in a half yes it was untuned but it burned through 6 qtz of oil in that short time of me having the car. I was headed to dixon not speeding just a 20-30 min at the most with traffic and heard a weird noise and then i downshifted and tried to rev engine then nothing. I next look at my gauges and oil pressure dropped to low and it was fine just less than 5 minutes before noise. So when it all happened and i was stuck on side of highway cause i believe it locked up the shop owner said i would help you get it fixed and not charge labor to rebuild it and i would get trailer and pick your car up. A month later i ended up paying to tow my own shit and now he talking about i might owe something to help rebuild it can someone refer me to a shop that will help me rebuild my engine and get it running correctly. Also who can tune and dyno it?
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Del's machine shop or Rex Hutchinson in Sacramento both places do great quality work
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whered you initially take the car ?

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
From the sounds of it, it ran out of oil.

Whoever did the work, they need to fix it. Hope all the documentation (paperwork) was on the up and up, that way there's no issues.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Ant.Abernathy
¯
Member # 13522

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ant.Abernathy  Ford pictures for Ant.Abernathy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A shop in vacaville ca and yes I receive receipts and invoices

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com