Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HELP URGENT - Modular motor (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: HELP URGENT - Modular motor
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just finished installing a Trick Flow Track Heat Manifold (like the Bullitt, dual TB)... My car is a 03 2v n/a..

What it does when I start it, it revs to redline and the TB is closed. What could it be?!!!!!! Help

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did u get new cable? check the cable maybe it got stuck mine did the same
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SweEaT03Gt not the cable, first thing I checked. It's a strange issue. Never had a car do this crap.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have also checked for possible vacuum leaks and there is none. I don't think that would make the engine go as far as 7k rpm, would it?

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Beastly GT500 TVS
¯
Member # 9723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beastly GT500 TVS  Ford pictures for Beastly GT500 TVS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you tried taking the cable off the tb and seeing what happens?

--------------------
91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
700HP/700TQ ON E85
10.78@129MPH 1.644 60FT

WWW.AEDHP.COM

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you disconnect the battery, for at least 15 mins so the system can relearn itself? but im still with the throttle cable being the issue
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

also do you have a new idle air control valve? that caused mine to sky rocket when I installed a new one
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

@ Beastly haven't tried that (my battery died haha). I'll give it a shot tomorrow. @ SwEeT03Gt I have done the battery thing also.

I think I may have found the problem (maybe). Here's my theory that I can only think of. I'm using a stock 96-98 Cobra Duall 57mm TB and it has 2 10mm holes for something (before the throttle blades). Now, the 96-98 Cobra manifold and Bullitt upper manifold have a divider to block the airflow to pass (the 10mm holes) into the intake. Mine doesn't have that divider. Just a big oval like a single blade TB.

Do you guys think this may be the issue?

[ 2014-02-08, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Saleen#222 ]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

The IAC valve is the same one before the swap and it was working fine.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Grants93GT
¯
Member # 10614

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grants93GT  Ford pictures for Grants93GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why the fuck would it shoot to redline thats weird. If youre certain the throttle body is closed, its not the cable. Maybe its the throttle body issue like you said allowing in too much air? maybe try blocking off those ports you said werent on the other throttle body
Posts: 208 | From: Central Valley | Registered: Jan 2011  |  :
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

@ grants your guess is as good as mine. I had that wtf look when I fired it up a few times. I know the TB blades where not open because I had my friend look on the last fire up. I'm leaning to the air issue. Maybe causing an extreme lean issue at idle making it rev like that. I'll try again tomorrow and see if blocking those small ports works. Hopefully it does work. I have never seen any TB's with holes like that to actually let air in at closed TB blade position.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

1Nasty66
¯
Member # 12991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Nasty66  Ford pictures for 1Nasty66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Saleen#222:
@ Beastly haven't tried that (my battery died haha). I'll give it a shot tomorrow. @ SwEeT03Gt I have done the battery thing also.

I think I may have found the problem (maybe). Here's my theory that I can only think of. I'm using a stock 96-98 Cobra Duall 57mm TB and it has 2 10mm holes for something (before the throttle blades). Now, the 96-98 Cobra manifold and Bullitt upper manifold have a divider to block the airflow to pass (the 10mm holes) into the intake. Mine doesn't have that divider. Just a big oval like a single blade TB.

Do you guys think this may be the issue?

dont think it would be that because i just switched to a single blade on my bullitt works just fine and had to cut the divider to do it. still works with the stock TB too

the iac valve for the bullitt is specific maybe that might be the issue

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/CX1808/Motorcraft-Idle-Air-Control-Motor-2001-Bullitt-Mustang

--------------------
2001 Bullitt DHG #2673 of 5582 built(sold)
1966 mustang 289

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Will, you could be right. I'm going to look into this right now. Thank You.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

DP

[ 2014-02-08, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Saleen#222 ]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

BULLITTMAN
¯
Member # 8468

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BULLITTMAN  Ford pictures for BULLITTMAN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
@ grants your guess is as good as mine. I had that wtf look when I fired it up a few times. I know the TB blades where not open because I had my friend look on the last fire up. I'm leaning to the air issue. Maybe causing an extreme lean issue at idle making it rev like that. I'll try again tomorrow and see if blocking those small ports works. Hopefully it does work. I have never seen any TB's with holes like that to actually let air in at closed TB blade position.

I'm no mechanic but how was your friend able to see the blades open? The only way this is possible is by not connecting the air intake which is connected to your MAF. I would think this would cause your issue since the computer is getting a bad reading.

--------------------
R.I.P Little Bro Willie Guzman (5LTRSVT) 4/24/87 - 11/23/12
01 Bullitt #3102 Stroked and blown
Built and tuned by Shaun at AED
14 Fiesta ST

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

quote:
Originally posted by BULLITTMAN:
quote:

I'm no mechanic but how was your friend able to see the blades open? The only way this is possible is by not connecting the air intake which is connected to your MAF. I would think this would cause your issue since the computer is getting a bad reading.
He was looking at the linkage of the TB. He said that it wasn't moving, assuming it was closed.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

I also just did some research on a stock Bullitt TB and it doesn't have this center hole in Pic.1

If I had the center divider on the intake, it would be covering it. I hope I'm right. Praying to the Ford GODS!!!!

-

[ 2014-02-09, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Saleen#222 ]

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

WILDMAN97
¯
Member # 9138

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WILDMAN97  Ford pictures for WILDMAN97    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you checked your TPS?
Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Not yet Wildman. I do plan to check voltage though to fine tune the idle if necessary. I need to borrow my friends DC voltage meter. Waiting for his ass to wake up.

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

1Nasty66
¯
Member # 12991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Nasty66  Ford pictures for 1Nasty66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe these pics might help

-

-

-

]

[ 2014-02-09, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: will01bullitt ]

--------------------
1966 mustang 289

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Saleen#222  Ford pictures for Saleen#222    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by will01bullitt:
maybe these pics might help

-

-

-

]

Thank You Budd, that does help to confirm my issue. I was informed that those holes are the IAC for a 4v and 2v have them sealed for an external IAC. Thank you again for the pics!!

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

1Nasty66
¯
Member # 12991

no problem

--------------------
1966 mustang 289

Saleen#222
¯
Member # 13410

Are you selling your stock TB Will?!

--------------------
2003 Mustang Saleen #222

1Nasty66
¯
Member # 12991

no sorry bro got to keep it due to smog , but you can find some on ebay

--------------------
1966 mustang 289

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

if you two are near by let him borrow it to confirm its his issue so he doesn't just throw parts at it, just my .02 cents

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com