Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » recommendation for internet service and satellite tv

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: recommendation for internet service and satellite tv
Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guys i am looking to save money on satelitte tv from dish network and frontier net dsl internet service. I am paying about 100 dollars for dish network and 70 dollars for frontier net dsl. I feel these prices are too high and have heard their are better and cheaper options out their which is why i am posting this thread. What is everyone one using nowadays and recommend. Im trying to save a buck definitely. Thanks everyone

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
try bundling multiple services with one company. I have my land line, cell phone, internet, & cable bundled together through ATT/Dish, and it works out a LOT cheaper than if i got everything separately.

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cut the cord and go internet only. Sling tv, apple tv or whatever streams.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

This!! I bought a streaming box and everything is on there, will be getting rid of dish when my contract is up in a couple months.

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 135.0:

+2

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Mr.10psi
¯
Member # 11062

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.10psi  Ford pictures for Mr.10psi  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep em coming guys, if any one knows of a package that is bang for buck or if any one knows how i can still stay with dishnetwork but just get a better plan let me know, i will make a decision based off this thread most likely.

--------------------
02 white saleen(sold) 347 stroker in the works

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got what's called the world's best box, streams from online, has most shows I can think of new and old, shit ton of movies, all the sporting events, music. Has lifetime warranty and free software updates for life, I think it's like $300 now but well worth the price if you ask me. I can use it over wifi or direct connect to router, hooks up via hdmi, you can also surf the Web with it as well.

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have comcast which i pay around 90 bucks with internet and cable. I love internet its fast. I would love to go the streaming box route but i think it will do difficult for my fam to get use to it. But i do have an app on my phones that gets all the streaming shit.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
1/4 HORSE
¯
Member # 5094

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 HORSE  Ford pictures for 1/4 HORSE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Let me know if you need a streaming box. $100!!! You get all the movies you can imagine new or old, any news or tv shows you can think of and all the games of any sport including ppv (boxing and UFC "FREE" ). Plus music. Built in browser and all. It's the absolute truth. Cut my cable off and upgraded my internet and haven't looked back since. Lmk

--------------------
ya gotta let it do what it do!

Posts: 138 | From: fairfield,ca. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
macthizzle
¯
Member # 3492

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macthizzle  Ford pictures for macthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
web page

Has anyone used this before? Im thinking about cutting the cable and buying these for the entire house.

--------------------
"FUCK U PAY ME"

Posts: 992 | From: REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^ I have the gbox and works but not user friendly for the fam. Comcast still has triple play package tv internet and phone for $99/month for 12 months. I originally had just tv and internet but was paying 160. Called them and they offered the triple play to save money. Got my first bill and it's 120.
SEV7NS91GT
¯
Member # 11694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEV7NS91GT  Ford pictures for SEV7NS91GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have a box paid 120, great for shows and movies. Not very dependable wen it comes to live tv. But its really good. Lots of add-ons and i have mine down to were i can watch everything i need. Espn,amc etc and ppv add-ons come in a bunch u just have to find the right one. I have direct tv and the box but getting rid of the direct tv just keeping it for the nfl ticket

--------------------
El Sev7n
91 GT
88 CRX Si
2005 pony
2010 G37
2010 civic si coupe

Posts: 388 | From: Bay Area SJ | Registered: Feb 2012  |  :
Built4Speed
¯
Member # 13873

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built4Speed  Ford pictures for Built4Speed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
^ I have the gbox and works but not user friendly for the fam. Comcast still has triple play package tv internet and phone for $99/month for 12 months. I originally had just tv and internet but was paying 160. Called them and they offered the triple play to save money. Got my first bill and it's 120.

Do you know if the xfinity tv go app works on the gbox?

--------------------
Built 4 Speed...Built 4 Cheap

Posts: 230 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2014  |  :
BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Built4Speed:
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:

Do you know if the xfinity tv go app works on the gbox?
No it doesn't.
stanger00
¯
Member # 13818

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger00  Ford pictures for stanger00    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have Comcast triple play. Free install and cost 150 w/taxes. I have 1 dvr box and 3 hd boxes in my house.

Went from DirectTV and astound for Internet. After those discounts from both providers my bill was 160 a month. Had bare bones DTV package and it sucked. Internet dropped at least 4 times a day also. Astound uses Comcast cables as well. Found out when they disconnected our Astound service they also disconnected our new Comcast line, retards. They refused to hook it back up citing some regulatory laws.

I consider buying a box and installing a digital antenna to cut the cable box cord but not sure how family would react. I'm used to ripping stuff off the Internet but they're not and the kid is still too lazy to set up recording options. So I doubt he'll be motivated to learn how to use a streaming device.

[ 2015-11-03, 05:57 AM: Message edited by: stanger00 ]

--------------------
2000 Mustang GT Aluminator, TFS, Vortech, AED

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

^ I did that and got a digital antenna and hd converter. Cool for local channels only but that only lasted a few days.

I like xfinitys new x1 platform. The dvr box has voice command on the remote and the new hd boxes are almost as small as an Apple TV box and I mounted it behind the tv on the wall.

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger00:
Have Comcast triple play. Free install and cost 150 w/taxes. I have 1 dvr box and 3 hd boxes in my house.

Went from DirectTV and astound for Internet. After those discounts from both providers my bill was 160 a month. Had bare bones DTV package and it sucked. Internet dropped at least 4 times a day also. Astound uses Comcast cables as well. Found out when they disconnected our Astound service they also disconnected our new Comcast line, retards. They refused to hook it back up citing some regulatory laws.

I consider buying a box and installing a digital antenna to cut the cable box cord but not sure how family would react. I'm used to ripping stuff off the Internet but they're not and the kid is still too lazy to set up recording options. So I doubt he'll be motivated to learn how to use a streaming device.

150 bucks a month sounds like an extra child support bill or half a car payment.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I pay $82/mo for internet only (verizon fios - it's fiber to my house)

then I pay:
$100/year for a usenet subsciption
$15/year for a subscription to dognzb.cr (was $10 for lifetime when I signed up, but that recently went away [Frown] )
and I built a home server which runs utilities called sonarr (TV shows), couchpotato (Movies), and various other tools.

I just subscribe to tv shows we want to watch, my server looks on dognzb.cr for a source, then downloads from usenet. Fully automated, I usually have the shows we watch grabbed from someone on east coast so before they would normally air, with commercials already stripped out.
For movies, you can grab anything you want basically, just type in the movie name to couchpotato and it will search on dognzb for you until the movie is available in the quality you specify (720p, blu-ray rip, DTS 5.1 sound, whatever you want).

I currently use about 8tb of space on my server, have ~1200 movies, and 1050 TV episodes.

I run Plex server, so we can watch from anywhere with basically any client that's capable of watching netflix (smart tv's, fire tv's, chromecast, tablets, phones, web browsers, xboxs, playstations, etc)

The only thing I'm missing is sports...

[ 2015-11-03, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
5POINTAMRIT
¯
Member # 11311

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5POINTAMRIT  Ford pictures for 5POINTAMRIT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey i work for xfinity and got some great deals for you. right now we have our famous triple play plan which includes tv, internet and phone for $89.99 and double play plan tv, internet for $69.99. any one that wants more information just give me a pm or call 5109788801- Amrit Ill hook u guys up!!

--------------------
2017 Mustang GT
2003 DSG Cobra
1991 Mustang 5.0- Sold
1990 Mustang 5.0 331 Stroker 402rwhp- SOLD
Supercharged 01 Mustang GT 368rwhp-SOLD

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com