Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » s550 coyote vs terminator cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: s550 coyote vs terminator cobra
Frank.JD.Perez
¯
Member # 12650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank.JD.Perez  Ford pictures for Frank.JD.Perez  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
which one would you guys choose?

i know the cobra holds its value decently well and it can easily be tuned. its pretty much a collectors car now

i know the s550 is just super bad ass and handles amazingly and on top of that weights less. it looks sexy as fvck too.

which would you guys choose? for the cobra i would be spending around 25k or less and with the s550 i would be spending 36k or less (not too much).

thoughts?

coyote i wouldnt do any major engine upgrades maybe a CAI
terminator i would want to stay away from a super small pulley, but want close to 400whp (375+)

--------------------
1998 Ford Mustang GT SVO SC Saleen vert (sold)
1998 Ford Mustang GT PI (RIP)
1997 Ford Mustang GT
2000 BMW 323iT
2001 BMW X5

Posts: 603 | From: Hayward/Pleasanton | Registered: Dec 2012  |  :
SVTGhoust
¯
Member # 20

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SVTGhoust  Ford pictures for SVTGhoust    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S550

--------------------
2013 Shelby GT500 / 2020 Shelby GT500

Posts: 962 | From: Brentwood, CA 94513 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S550. Hands down.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you just want to be around the 400 rwhp mark s550. cobras are great but your buying a 10+ year old car thats been beat to shit (most likely) over a car with warranty (new) if you want a used one 15' theres one in hayward on mission at the vw iirc
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cobra 4 ever

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buy Riddlers CTS on Ford Sale. Looks like a fast ride!

If you gotta get a Mercedes buy new, otherwise out of warranty problem$$$.

1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88DroptopGT:
Buy Riddlers CTS on Ford Sale. Looks like a fast ride!

If you gotta get a Mercedes buy new, otherwise out of warranty problem$$$.

By s550 I'm sure he mean the new 2015 and 2016 mustangs

--------------------
**R.I.P Willie Guzman 5LTRSVT**

2015 Mustang GT
2015 Harley Davidson iron 883

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Coyote hands down.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S550 without even second guessing. Its 10x the car the 03/04 Cobra is.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S550

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Personally I feel that the average cost of the Terminator has stayed as high as it is because people were able to get loans for the cars. Now that the cars are approaching 15 years old, financing options are drying up. I think the price of these cars is going to have to start coming down if people still want to sell them. Lets face it, the majority of people interested in these cars are mid twenties, early 30's middle class Americans that cant afford to pay cash.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

CoyoteMike
¯
Member # 13748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoyoteMike  Ford pictures for CoyoteMike  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
s550 hands down. Test drove one before I decided to go the used 2013 route. Car is AMAZING.

(just for me I really prefer the looks of the 13/14)

--------------------
Racist, bigot Michael Ford / Mike Ford aka FiveOhMike of 2039 XXXXXXXy XXX Livermore, CA 94551, DOB Nov 3X, 1980 925-XXX-6667 and Director at Midokura Corp has been banned for continual threats of violence against other members, half a dozen fake accounts, lying to police to implicate CAFords and other shameful acts of revealing character. He is reported to be well armed and regularly spotted at the Dublin/Pleasanton BART station.

--------
2013 GT 5.0 Coupe
2014 Focus ST
2015 Buick LaCrosse Premium

Posts: 580 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Sep 2014  |  :
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CAMD FOX:
Personally I feel that the average cost of the Terminator has stayed as high as it is because people were able to get loans for the cars. Now that the cars are approaching 15 years old, financing options are drying up. I think the price of these cars is going to have to start coming down if people still want to sell them. Lets face it, the majority of people interested in these cars are mid twenties, early 30's middle class Americans that cant afford to pay cash.

The low mileage pristine cars will always have a pretty high value on them but lol@ people trying to get $18k-$20k for 80k-120k mile modded to hell Cobras. You can get a stripper S550 GT for upper $20s, Youd have to be retarded to finance a clapped out Terminator for $20k over a brand new superior Mustang 5.0.
Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've had both. My 16 gt with the performance package it a much better car then my 03 cobra was. Completely different feel. You can get a new gt with a performance package for less than $33,500...

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
TrillaJay
¯
Member # 10274

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrillaJay  Ford pictures for TrillaJay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a cobra. I'd go with a S550.

--------------------
04'MystichromeSVTCobra#524
03'BuiltSilverSVTCobra-SOLD
99'BlackSVTCobra-SOLD

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Robb:
quote:
Originally posted by CAMD FOX:

The low mileage pristine cars will always have a pretty high value on them but lol@ people trying to get $18k-$20k for 80k-120k mile modded to hell Cobras. You can get a stripper S550 GT for upper $20s, Youd have to be retarded to finance a clapped out Terminator for $20k over a brand new superior Mustang 5.0.
What if I told you that there's people on this board with 03-04 cobra payments as we speak....

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
^^^ That would explain all the god dam non punctuation using, can't spell shit, unintelligible posts that make up half this forum now.
Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
96stang4.6
¯
Member # 9970

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96stang4.6  Ford pictures for 96stang4.6    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can't get a new gt under 30K mine was 32900 with NO options just a gt deluxe not a premium, plus look at it like this a 03-04 cobra will have over 100k miles, no warranty and you will never know if the bozo before you beat the dog shit out of it. The car will cost 20K for it maybe 25K for a car with less than 50K miles if you can find one, also still no warranty, or you can go to the dealership and spend 10K to 15K more for a car with ZERO miles has a warranty so if the bitch blows up ford pays for the motor tranny etc plus every thing is brand new.

[ 2015-10-24, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: 96stang4.6 ]

--------------------
93 chp
88 t top mustang gt
87 coupe IRS swapped
12 mustang gt/cs

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/5277476415.html
Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
1sickGT
¯
Member # 9276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sickGT  Ford pictures for 1sickGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
S550 FTW!!
 -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com