Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Please, do not shop or service your car at Codiroli Ford/Livermore Auto Group!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Please, do not shop or service your car at Codiroli Ford/Livermore Auto Group!!!
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys just a heads up on the fucked up service I recieved at Codiroli Ford/Livermore Auto Group...

Long story short.......

I bought my wife a certified used 2002 Mercury Mountaineer from Dublin Ford...After driving for a couple of months found that the drivers seat track moves under braking and acceleration, Transmission had problems shifting and a few other minor things....I took my vehicle to Codiroli since it's closer to where I live...Their fix for the seat was to tighten the seat mount bolts which didn't fix the problem, and after replacing a valve body and 2 shift solenoids my car still doesn't shift right...

So, I took it in a few months later(when I could find time) to have them look at the problems again and ORDER the parts required (seat track and other trans parts) to fix the problems while I got an wheel alignment(just bought new tires)....They SCRATCHED all four of my wheels, FORGOT they spec print out sheet(which is required by law if you ask for one, which I did) and then did a recall on my rear glass hatch with out my concent and installed it off center and scratched the paint on my hatch!...

I NEVER recieved a call to let my know my parts were ordered, so after a couple of months I decided to call and ask what happend and if they still have the parts...They told me that no parts were ordered and the guy that helped my no longer works there...So I'm pretty pissed off and now I have to make another trip out to order my parts again...

This time when I go in they tell me that I'm out of warranty...I told them, wait a minute, I have until October and I also have been here 3 times for the same damn thing!...They basically told me I have to pay for everything because my "milege" was over!...

I got even more pissed off left the dealership...The next day I called 1-800-972-FORD and registered a complaint, then took a trip to see the general Manger...The general manager had no clue wtf he's doin' and just assured me the service mangager would call me...BTW I had documentation that showed my car was there for the seat track and other things even though the advisor said he had no work order with it typed on there....

The next day the service manager calls me ALL apoligetic and shit, tellin me he fix EVERYTHING FOR FREE!...I asked him are you sure, free?..."Yes", he said, "free"....I said, I can't argue with that....So I bring in my Mountaineer on Monday and get another story...The fuckin advisor has no clue what she's doing and has no clue who I am...Nice, huh?.....She finally figures out what she's doin and then starts telling me it's gonna cost $275 to fix it...I said, "are you trippin'?"....This was supposed to be fixed to free and now they want to charge me for something that's covered under my god damn fuckin warranty and for something that my fuckin car has been there for over 3 times!...

Like I said, long story short, I decided to leave the car there Monday and just get it fixed and figure out the billing later....I recieved one call an hour later telling me they're gonna fix it and not bill me...I thought, cool!...NOPE!!!!!.....THREE FUCKIN DAYS LATER I decide to call them and NO WORK has been done!!!!!!!!...All they had done was recheck the alignment that they fucked up on in the first fuckin place!!!...NO other work was fuckin done...

PLAIN AND SIMPLE DONT GO TO CODIROLI FORD/LIVERMORE FORD AUTO GROUP FOR ANYTHING!...They fucked me and they'll fuck you....

[ August 19, 2006, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: BlackNGold ]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just need to clear up 1 thing, all the others are inexcusable. Ford (and any other automaker) dealers are required to perfom any safety or emission recalls on a vehicle when a car is in for service. A safety/emissions recall that is not performed can cause a delay for vehicle registration, and/or lawsuits if the affected part fails after a vehicle has been in for service and the recall was not performed. Owner consent is not required.
If you bought the Mountaineer after 9/04, then Dublin Ford should have donre the recall before selling it.

Here's the actual Ford statement:
NOTE: Federal law requires dealers to complete any outstanding safety, compliance and
emissions recalls before a new vehicle is delivered to the buyer or lessee. Violation of this
requirement by a dealer could result in a civil penalty of up to $5,000 per vehicle. Correct all
vehicles in your new vehicle inventory prior to delivery.

This also applies to Ford Certified Vehicles.

Contact me on the side for your transmission problem. I have a pretty good knowledge of this tranny. Paul

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like I said, "long story short"...

At the time I took the vehicle in for the alignment and recall, the advisor told me that the recall on the rear glass would take a while... I told him I need the car for the weekend and if he wanted to keep my car I would need to know, so I could make other arrangments...Then he told me that he wouldn't do the recall and I'd have the car by the afternoon....5:30 pm rolls around and I had to call him because the stupid ass forgot...Not only that I barely had enough time to get there before they close...

When I got there my wheels were scratched from where they mounted the optical machines for the alignment, the glass was on crooked and the rear hatch had a 1" down to metal scratch in it...

There is A LOT more to this story...

Thanks Paul, I'll definately let you know, this is the only auto vehicle I've ever owned and it doesn't even have a trans dipstick... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dublin Ford Sucks. They wouldn't let my dad test drive a new Lightning and wanted 40K for it or something. We went to Walnut Creek Ford, test drove a new Lightning and for it for 30K or something.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh i would also like to add that the Manager of Dublin ford drives a BMW... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Back when I first got my car my friend tossed my new rims on there (I was probably inside eating a cookie and watching TV or something while he did the work) and I ended up with a crossthreaded lugnut, so I took it to Codiroli. Long story short they told me that on these newer mustangs you can’t replace just one stud, instead the axel had to be replaced. So I got back another friend of mine heard about it and said that’s bullshit and to bring by his work, got the rim off, sure enough four dirty studs and one clean one. So basically I got charged $550 for a stud replacement.

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com