Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » Vendor's FOR SALE Section   » custom roll cage fabrication (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: custom roll cage fabrication
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
call for more info 510 837 4856

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
351stang
¯
Member # 7579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351stang  Ford pictures for 351stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i personality seen his work his welds are very professional and clean and uses the require tubing for the cages he also welds for a living at a iron company and very good on prices to

--------------------
tows b 4 hoes

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Material

Material for roll cage construction must be 4130 chromoly tubing or ASTM 1018/1026 CDS/DOM. All welding must be of the highest quality with full penetration and no undercutting of the parent metal. All welds shall conform to the American Welding Society D1.1, Structural Welding Code, Chapter 10, Tubular Structures and Standards for the material used (see AWS. Org). It is strongly recommended that the welder inspect all welds using Magnaflux™, die-penitent, or other effective methods.

All tubes must be welded 360-degrees around the circumference of the tube. No oxy-acetylene brazing or welding allowed. Good external appearance of a weld does not necessarily guarantee its quality, poor looking welds are never a sign of good workmanship.

None of the tubing may show any signs of crimping or wall failure. All bends must be mandrel type. The center radius of the bends may not be less than three (3) times the outside diameter of the roll cage tubing.

It must be emphasized that the use of heat-treated or high carbon steels may cause problems and that bad fabrication may result in a decrease in strength (caused by brittle heat-affected zones), inadequate ductility and internal stress.

Roll Cage Tubing Sizes

For the purposes of determining roll bar tubing sizes, vehicle weight is as raced, but without fuel and driver. Note: There is an allowance of minus 0.010 inches on all tubing thicknesses. Minimum tubing size for the roll cage is:

Up to 2000 lbs. 1.500” x 0.095” CDN/4130/Seamless or ASTM 1018/1026 CDS/DOM

2001 - 2500 lbs. 1.500” x 0.120” CDN/4130/Seamless or ASTM 1018/1026 CDS/DOM

2501 - 3000 lbs. 1.750” x 0.095” CDN/4130/Seamless or ASTM 1018/1026 CDS/DOM

3001 - 4000 lbs. 1.750” x .120” CDN/4130/Seamless or ASTM 1018/1026 CDS/DOM

Over 4000 lbs. 2.000” x 0.120” CDN/4130/Seamless or ASTM 1018/1026 CDS/DOM

--------------------
You mama

Nasty Notch
Alex Crisp (Lux)
Member # 8863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasty Notch  Ford pictures for Nasty Notch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Post some pics of your work I'm possibly intrested

--------------------
"FREE J.SMITH.

Alex Crisp (Lux) aka "Nasty Notch" of Oakland & Vallejo,out of this list of stolen parts has been selling a rare S351 intake and Vortech YS trim with removed serial number, finding out how to fill a TKO, selling a twEECer, and selling MM camber caster plates! He refuses to answer where these parts are now and who he got these parts from. Either Alex is a thief or knows who the thief is.People like Al ruin the hobby and contaminate our community.

UPDATE: Felon Alex Crisp arrested and jailed

UPDATE2: Alex Crisp guilty of armed robbery

Posts: 941 | From: A intersection | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
add me on facebook smoothline81@yahoo.com

--------------------
You mama

87#184saleen
¯
Member # 6276

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87#184saleen  Ford pictures for 87#184saleen    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Price on a 10pt cage for fox hatchback

--------------------
R.I.P DAD 3/5/36 - 6/2/07
2004 PORSCHE CAYENNE S on 22”
2013 PORSCHE Panamera on 21”
1987 SALEEN #184
Member of R H P

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

torque box , subframe conectors ,chassis reinforcement and mini tub!

--------------------
You mama

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he's the real deal folks! i'll post some pics of is work up in a min!

--------------------
Maybe I should get drunk off my HATERADE elsewhere?

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

91gt p heads,b cam,3:55s,exhaust
89 coupe just startin on him

Posts: 2614 | From: v a dubble | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 707clone  Ford pictures for 707clone  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------

I was slow to take the hint, so I'm taking a break from CAFords for the rest of the month. Now excuse me while I enjoy some cereal. Mmmmm Mmmmm good. Who else wants to join me?

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

-

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

-

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

-

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

-

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

-

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

-

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

707clone
¯
Member # 10342

-

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damn! This is very very nice work! I have a 65'fastback i would like at least a 6 point in. Its planned as a daily driver. Thank you; in advance.

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
707clone
¯
Member # 10342

he's a real cool guy also! very thankful for meeting jon! even tho he hasnt done mines yet due to not having the funds to pay him for his services! but for sure he's doin mines when im ready!

--------------------

Lil Ric!
R.I.P CHARLIE HUSTLE!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you make them with them swingout door bars and/or removable brace for the rear?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

i dont have a lot of time to log on here but if you have any questions you can call me 510 837 4856

--------------------
You mama

93ex chp
¯
Member # 9016

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ex chp  Ford pictures for 93ex chp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have also seen his work.great job very professional and custom to how you want it.
coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just talked to this guy..sounds like he knows what he is talkin bout and has great prices...will definetly be gettin at least a 6 point cage with swing out door bars soon!

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

Chp23109
¯
Member # 10540

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chp23109  Ford pictures for Chp23109    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How much would you charge? I want roll cage on my 89 coupe.but I don't want block the rear seats. Lmk thank.

--------------------
Banned for violating everything from the anti-ghetto sign and what's written below it. And we were doing so good lately with these types of people too.
^^^^^^^
you read the above and this is your reply to us-

"Why I got ban. He talked me crab word to me. Hmmm lmk thank"

Seriously? Does yous gots ta ax Y? Der be de stuff written unda der no ghetto sign G. Readz iT, itz beez 'bout it bout it youz.

We're not even going to get into getting banned for making fake accounts here http://www.californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=recent_user_posts;u=00008902

dvuspny
¯
Member # 10949

Ford Icon 2 posted      Profile for dvuspny  Ford pictures for dvuspny    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't wait for the install.....thanks Johnathan. Solid work. [patriot]

--------------------
* -DV8- from the just the "norm." *
DVUS MOTORSPORTS ALBUM - http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa349/Dvus_Motorsports/

Posts: 1221 | From: ~BAY AREA~ | Registered: May 2011  |  :
Mon$taR
¯
Member # 11313

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon$taR  Ford pictures for Mon$taR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Work looks excellent. My Talon already has a full 12pt cage/chute for 8.5 but I was looking to get a rollbar/6pt for the truck.

Have you done any work on Lightnings?

--------------------
Its JUST an old farm truck, how much did you say you wanna run for? ^_^

Page: 1  2  3  4  5   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com