Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » Vendor's FOR SALE Section   » ***OMG 30% Off on All Adam's Polishes, 72 hours Only, Supply Limited!***

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ***OMG 30% Off on All Adam's Polishes, 72 hours Only, Supply Limited!***
DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DetailAddict  Ford pictures for DetailAddict  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, for the next 72 hours only, we'll be running an Independence Day Special. All in stock Adam's Polishes will be 30% off!

coupon code: Independence09_30

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, just mentioned it in the checkout message box or email me at sales@detailaddict.com and I'll make sure you get the 30% off when we process the order and capture the funds.

Deal ends 11:59PM 4th of July 2009!

--------------------
DetailAddict.com | T: 408-988-2400
ACE TurboStick | Camspray | Defelsko | Detail Addict | Edge | Gilmour | Menzerna | Metro | P21S

Posts: 185 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Jan 2009  |  :
DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DetailAddict  Ford pictures for DetailAddict  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
ACE TurboStick | Camspray | Defelsko | Detail Addict | Edge | Gilmour | Menzerna | Metro | P21S

DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

48 hours!

--------------------

DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

14 hours left! [Smile]

--------------------

DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

4+ hours left!

--------------------

DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

thanks for the orders! hopefully we can do another soon! [Smile]

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would you recommend to remove swirls from my paint. My friend (the prior owner of my car) used an old pad with some polish and it left marks all over the paint. [Frown]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

it depends on what buffer you have and how comfortable you are with polish as well as the condition of the paint (how bad and how much paint left).

if you are pretty new, Adam's Polishes with Porter cable would be good. If you are pretty comfortable with polisher, either PC with menzerna or Flex or rotary with Menzerna.

what do you use today?
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
What would you recommend to remove swirls from my paint. My friend (the prior owner of my car) used an old pad with some polish and it left marks all over the paint. [Frown]

--------------------

DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

all orders from this special has been shipped or dropped off! [Smile] Thanks again! [Smile]

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got a polisher, not a dual action one and I'm ok with it. The car was a repaint a few years ago, just my friend used an old buffing pad that had dried out wax in it when he tried to buff the car. It left weird scuff marks all over the car, its not too bad when the car is clean but after a day or two it looks like crap. They aren't deep, just right on the surface so I think a light duty polishing compound would work. I'm also up in the air about what type of pad to use, a foam type or something else.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DetailAddict
¯
Member # 8890

I would give Menzerna PO106FA a try. Definitely pickup some foam pads (Adam's White and Black or Edge White and Blue). You want to start with white and finish with black. Ideally you want to start with Menzerna 106FA and then finish with Menzerna 85RD

PO106FA (in two different sizes)
http://www.detailaddict.com/default/shop/by-brand/menzerna/menzerna-super-finish-polish-po106faq.html
http://www.detailaddict.com/default/shop/by-brand/menzerna/menzerna-super-finish-polish-po106fap.html

PO85RD
http://www.detailaddict.com/default/shop/by-brand/menzerna/menzerna-final-polish-p85rd.html

Buffing pads and backing plates (backing plate is for Porter Cable or those with same type/thread)
http://www.detailaddict.com/default/shop/by-accessory/buffer.html

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com