Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Commerce   » Vendor's FOR SALE Section   » Amsoil Oil Changes!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Amsoil Oil Changes!!!
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some of you are driving around... And you know you're over due for an oil change... Get that tired oil out, and put some real oil in. $59.00 (Includes filter & upto 6 qts) Give us a call and setup your apointment today!

[ September 06, 2005, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: 03SHKER ]

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
eek! i pay $35 for 6qts of 5w30 redline + motorcraft oil filter, but that's with my discount haha..so that helps with the cost BIGTIME!

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
SCT Tuned by APEX Motorsports @ 317rwhp/304rwtq
www.32valve.com

Posts: 1182 | From: Marina, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
droptp50
¯
Member # 5546

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for droptp50  Ford pictures for droptp50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
heh yea i pay like 30 and it takes me 15 min or so

--------------------
91 gt vert - sold
89 lx hatch

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should have said $59-

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

Bullitt3905
¯
Member # 905

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bullitt3905  Ford pictures for Bullitt3905    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not a bad price for full synthetic! used to pay over 40 to change with royal purple and a filter.

--------------------
2001 Mustang Bullitt #3905
SR springs, koni orange, steeda sts, magnaflows, 18" Bullitt wheels, grille delete, chin spoiler, 03 cf hood, JLT sri

Posts: 1067 | From: citrus heights, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well amsoil cost about $6.50 a quart a tad more then regular synthetic

$6.50 X 6 quarts is $39 + $10 for filtter and thats about $50 bucks already.

Pay the extra 10 bucks so they can do it for ya and you don't have to get your hands dirty and spill oil all over your moms driveways.

Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup! For that price why waste your time with disposing of the oil and stuff just to save $10. Yes, I am sure there will be people who say I got the "hook up" on oil and filter and can do it for $40+. But, we use only Amsoil, which is 100% synthetic oil unlike some other brands on the market. Amsoil has always been ranked the #1 Synthetic oil by many tests. It may not be the #1 selling, BUT it is the BEST!

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 408/588-0075 Fax: 408/588-0089

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Diablosport, $3 Nitrous Refill

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does it have to be a Mustang? I'll take my BMW there.

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Apexmotorsports  Ford pictures for Apexmotorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does not have to be a Mustang. It can be ANY domestic or import car or truck. If you are interested in bringing the Bimmer in give Mario or Chris a call and we'll see when we can schedule you in. There may be some addition costs because of the price of the filter or the amount of the oil used depending on engine size.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

Griggs Racing, Maximum Motorsports, Evolution Motosports, SCT, Racelogic, H&R, Ford racing, Kenne Bell, MAC, Bassani, Vortech, Koni, Hawk, AFR, Tokico, Baer Racing, Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Diablosport, $3 Nitrous Refill

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach0ne351  Ford pictures for Mach0ne351  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Redline....

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

racercosmo
¯
Member # 1864

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racercosmo  Ford pictures for racercosmo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you don't want to go, then don't go. For people that don't have the time or space, $59 for an oil change with synthetic oil is a very good deal.

If you pay $35 for 6 qts of Redline plus a filter, then somebody is stealing something.

By the way, on our World Challenge car, we gained about 10% hp at the wheels switching from Redline transmission oil to Amsoil and that's no joke.

[ September 27, 2005, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: racercosmo ]

--------------------
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by racercosmo:

By the way, on our World Challenge car, we gained about 10% hp at the wheels switching from Redline transmission oil to Amsoil and that's no joke.

i use Swepco tranny fluid, even better [Smile] and i do find that statement a joke haha...it's like me gaining 30rwhp from switching tranny fluid hahahahahaha!!!!!! rice #s!!!

marek

[ September 27, 2005, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Mach0ne351 ]

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Marek,

You seem to know just about everything about cars and can get everything cheaper [Roll Eyes] ... when are you going to open your own shop? [Roll Eyes] This way EVERYONE can take avandtage of your expertese and contacts! [Confused]

BTW, if SWEPCO is SOOOO good how come there are NO MAJOR RACE TEAMS that use it? AMSoil is used by several NASCAR & IRL race teams. I am sure it is good BUT to say it is better is "only" your opiniion and has NO BASIS. As usual, you make statements without any facts and base it on your opinion only.

Redline is a good product and maybe you should start your own thread and start selling your services since you are so "hooked up".

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

[ September 27, 2005, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

r u joking?? so many european race teams use Swepco mike....and yes, i do have my own shop. The Mechanic in redwood city, as mentioned in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords...the place where the apex problems were fixed [Smile] thank you!

http://www.swepcousa.com/lubesite/highperf.htm

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Marek,

ARE YOU JOKING!?!?! The shop in Redwood City is your "Daddy's Shop" and not yours.... Your "Daddy's" shop does not count. BTW, does your DAD's shop have a monthly article in a national magazine like we do.. I didn't think so. I am sure your father is an excellent mechanic and mean no disrespect to him.

Also, Swepco does not list any "european race teams" on their websites as customers.. they only list "1" sprint car team.. They make a big deal that the engine the team is using costs $30K.. big deal.. NASCAR, CHAMP Car, and IRL teams have engines which are in excess of over $200,000. AND they use AMSoil NOT Swepco OR Redline.

AMSoil was the first company to produce a to develop an API-rated 100 percent synthetic motor oil AND 1st to ever develp gear oil for automotive purposes.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

[ September 27, 2005, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

Mike haha, ive work at my family shop for a good while. i do work there from time to time dude. I do a lot of my own renching there. It's a little hard to go to work there when i live in monterey. got common sense? got the whole story? nah, of course not...

until i came to apex, long ago, i have never heard of AMSoil..ever! they only brands that really come to mind are Mobil 1, Redline, Royal Purple...but for some reason, you seem to know everything about oil, for you really work on cars dont you?

my dad doesnt need to be in a magazine...he gets his clients from respect and is quality of work, stuff you guys do have or get. The funny this is, The Mechanic has been in business since 1988 in the same location (and before that, the Piecyk's ran German Auto Repair in Belmont, until selling it over to the other partners), with a 1 man operation....how long has apex been around and went belly under twice with a crew of workers? since 1997...

oh btw, THANKS MAREK FOR THE ADVERTISING OF APEX IN MM&FF!! F'kn nazi ungreatful apex....dont appreciate shit...

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

Marek,

I have never claimed to be an expert on Oil or cars. I have no probelems admitting when I am wrong or don't know something. I base my statements on facts, something you should do a little more of. I also never claimed I was a wrench and would never claim to be. When it comes to wrenching I leave that up to my staff, whom are far more qualified to do the work than I am. If I was the one doing the wrenching, we would go broke...hahaha.

I am sure you have worked at your "DADDY's" shop from time to time.. but does that make it YOUR shop?... NOPE. Again, I am sure your father is an excellent mechanic and would blow me away in a heart beat.

As far as Apex goes the only time it has gone belly up is when the previous owner, Mike Fuller, owned it. Bill Kaiser did just fine and so are we.

BTW, THANKS MAREK FOR THE ADVERTISING OF APEX IN MM&FF!

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

[ September 28, 2005, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

[Roll Eyes]

end statement

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

If you two are done... TTT... I've got oil changes to sell. [patriot]
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:

[Smile] yes...

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:

OK, go sell some oil changes...
[patriot]

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

[ September 28, 2005, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

TuxMask-Andy
¯
Member # 3615

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TuxMask-Andy  Ford pictures for TuxMask-Andy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Reason why people haven't heard of amsoil b/c they dont' normally sell them over the counter at stores like kragen. If they sold amsoil at kragen I would get it.

I remember gettin some amsoil at a performance store and i was surpised b/c it was rated at 8000 miles unlike the typical 5000 miles sythetic. And amsoil has been around for awhile and its nothin new. It is one of the better sythetics you can get. So if you haven't heard of amsoil before then your not really a gear head.

Posts: 407 | From: Novato, CA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

quote:
Originally posted by TuxMask-Andy:
Reason why people haven't heard of amsoil b/c they dont' normally sell them over the counter at stores like kragen. If they sold amsoil at kragen I would get it.

I remember gettin some amsoil at a performance store and i was surpised b/c it was rated at 8000 miles unlike the typical 5000 miles sythetic. And amsoil has been around for awhile and its nothin new. It is one of the better sythetics you can get. So if you haven't heard of amsoil before then your not really a gear head.

ok cool...same goes for swepco then [Smile] but i found out about AMSoil about 4 years ago thinnk...but for my application, redline has proven to work great. dont fix it, if it aint broken i guess haha each to his own [Smile]

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Apexmotorsports
¯
Member # 5307

If anyone wants to learn about the "Myth" about syntheic fluids please read the articles posted here http://www.oilsandlube.com/

Basiclly, in a nutshell.. 80% of all so-called 100% Synthetic oil is NOT.

Mike Mak
Apex Motorsports
ApexMotorsports.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054

[ September 28, 2005, 03:06 AM: Message edited by: Apexmotorsports ]

Mach0ne351
¯
Member # 927

ill be reading that tomorrow at work [Smile] thanx mike..

marek

--------------------
2001 SVT Cobra
www.32valve.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com