Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Why so quiet? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why so quiet?
Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by macuser27:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I actually have a well-built harness bar (not a full roll bar) out of a foxbody that I will sell you for cheap if it fits. You are more than welcome to check it out and see if the holes line-up.

Thanks, but I think I'm going to stick with the stock belts till I go roll bar. The horror stories out there about harness bars makes me paranoid about using one.

quote:
Originally posted by Black88GT:
I got the Maximum Motorsport 4 PT. I think shipped was like 700, and Nextgen in Hayward did the install. Reliable powder coating in SL shot it. coating was like 200, and install was like 600. where did you get your seats? I have upper subframes, so Im going to have to fab them in Im assuming.

Good stuff. Costs a lot more than I was hoping. Might have to relearn how to weld and do it myself to save some cost. I did some welding classes more than 15 years ago but haven't touched it since.

Powder coating? I thought the roll bar came painted.

What are upper subframes? Are they like battle boxes?

I got the seats from Jeg's. $950 shipped for the pair, including seats brackets, taxes, etc. Very straight forward install. The seats and brackets are way lighter than the stock, powered driver side seat.

I bought a used MM quadrant and adjuster yesterday from a member on here. Can't wait to install them and get a better clutch feel. The stock plastic quadrant is so flimsy and keeps losing my adjustments. Then, no mods till after I do a track day!

Awesome stuff! Im going to look into those seats. My 2000 was set up by Griggs Racing. So if you google Griggs subframes, they pop up. My car gas the GR40 kit minus the Watts link. My roll bar is a bolt in, but it has to be welded at the top. MM charged me 100 shipping. if you have a business, its cheaper. Let me know if you want pics. :-)

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

macuser27
¯
Member # 14389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macuser27  Ford pictures for macuser27    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Awesome stuff! Im going to look into those seats. My 2000 was set up by Griggs Racing. So if you google Griggs subframes, they pop up. My car gas the GR40 kit minus the Watts link. My roll bar is a bolt in, but it has to be welded at the top. MM charged me 100 shipping. if you have a business, its cheaper. Let me know if you want pics. :-)

I've heard of Griggs, but never really looked into them and stuck with MM parts (I want their rear lower control arms and sold steering shaft next). Just finished installing their quadrant and adjuster and OMG, the clutch pedal is AMAZING. The intermittent squeaking from the TOB is gone! The plastic quadrant just wasn't up to the task anymore.

I Google'd the Griggs subframe and wow, I've never seen one like that before. I bet the car is a whole lot more rigid, which is a good thing on these creaky Mustangs. Yeah, I would love to see some pics!

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black88GT  Ford pictures for Black88GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you PM me your email, ill email them to you. Im not sure how to post pics on this site LOL

--------------------
2000 Griggs Racing GT
2012 Kona GT500

macuser27
¯
Member # 14389

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for macuser27  Ford pictures for macuser27    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok, planning to do these two track days tentatively:

Laguna Seca, July 18th with GGLC.
Thunderhill, August 6th with NCRC.

Anyone else have anything lined up?

macuser27
¯
Member # 14389

Looking forward to track day coming Monday with Golden Gate Lotus Club. Oil and filter change, brake fluid flush and HP+ pads being swapped in on Sunday.

-

Laguna Seca, here I come!

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck and have fun! I have never ran with Lotus Club, or any car/model-specific club for that matter (other than Shelby Club), but I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Show them that your ~$6k car can keep up with their $40k+ cars [Big Grin]

[ 2016-07-15, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

macuser27
¯
Member # 14389

quote:
Good luck and have fun! I have never ran with Lotus Club, or any car/model-specific club for that matter (other than Shelby Club), but I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Show them that your ~$6k car can keep up with their $40k+ cars [Big Grin]

Haha! I was trying my best for sure. Unfortunately, I was one of the slowest car there. I pointed by so many cars, I stopped counting. I was the weak link, not the car.

Regardless, I had the time of my life! Nothing like going all out in the car, revving up the V8, shifting a stick, braking hard with no fade, blipping the throttle for a downshift, clipping the apex, roll on the power. Rinse and repeat. Intense visceral stimulation!

macuser27
¯
Member # 14389

Here are some pictures I took:

My buddy's Cayman R
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
The car I liked the best. Lotus Elan:
 -
 -

The only New Edge there and my ride:
 -

Video I took by the hot pits:
 -

Hope you all enjoy!

macuser27
¯
Member # 14389

Action shots! - http://www.gotbluemilk.com/web160718/77/index.html
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks like it was a success! It's always nice when the paddock isn't packed bumper to bumper. How'd you do against all those "go carts" on the track?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

macuser27
¯
Member # 14389

quote:
Looks like it was a success! It's always nice when the paddock isn't packed bumper to bumper. How'd you do against all those "go carts" on the track?

Well, I felt like I was the only "novice" driver in the Novice group. Everyone seemed to brake way later, cut the apexes closer and have better lines in general. Obviously those drivers should have been running in the Intermediate or Advance group.

There was a '69/70 Boss Mustang that I got to "kill" in the braking zones and corners but totally destroyed me in the straights. It was crazy fun being in a Mustang that can turn.

-
 -
 -

Black88GT
CAFords OG
Member # 394

anyone going to griggs day?
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
anyone going to griggs day?

was trying to get the day off work for the workshop but it didn't work out.
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com