Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Drifting out a Sonoma

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Drifting out a Sonoma
BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOOSTED92GT  Ford pictures for BOOSTED92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be bringing my new stang out to the drifts next wednesday.
 -

I've met a few of you when i was parting out my 03 cobra a couple years ago .If the passenger seats open don't hesitate to ask for a ride. About the car, got it 3 months ago as a basket case. It was really nice at one point but its had a rough past couple owners haha. There was no catback on it as it was completely flattened from being so low, gas tank was caved in throwng a fuel sender code, its an auto to manual swap with 3.73s so it had 7 trans codes and read 140mph while doing 70, passenger window regulator was broken, hadn't been smogged/regged since 2011. Got it, fixed all the problems and now its ready to slide finally. Its now on 14k bc coilovers in the front, extended and relocated lower control arms, and modded spindles. Im waiting on Kw to ship me the cobra spring mounts for the rear and then it will have coils all around. Should be fun, ill post pics once i get them. I've been sliding since I was 16 (24 now) but only slid one of my past 99 gt's on a full track day at thunderhill.

quick vid of the last car http://youtu.be/PQPpEPxR1qw

theres some of the vert in my uploads but it was all stock and straight garbage haha.

--------------------
71 f250
68 coupe, soon to have terminator motor/trans/irs

FOXX5.0
¯
Member # 9094

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FOXX5.0  Ford pictures for FOXX5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice to see more stangs out there sliding
[burnout]

[ 2014-08-21, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: FOXX5.0 ]

4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good lookin vert.

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOOSTED92GT  Ford pictures for BOOSTED92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
First event was last wednesday. All i can say is holy hell, those controls do wonder for caster haha. I've never had a wheel whip so hard before. Here are some pics
 -
 -  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

unfortunately on the last run one of me tires corded and wrapped around the cv boot and ripped it. So thats next on the list to fix, as well as smaller front tires and 15 mil spacers. I was rubbing on the k member on the inside. Also need an alignment as its eyeballed.

--------------------
71 f250

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NICE MAN! KEEP COMING OUT, THAT CAR LOOKS BAD ASS OUT THERE!
BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Thanks man! I will for sure be out soon. I've been coming to sonoma for a while just never have the same car haha, had a blue ls1 conquest for a while and the past two years i had the stock motor white one. Are you caging your car soon? I'm down for mustang tandems once i get my front end all figured out.

--------------------
71 f250

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I need more practice before I tandem, gona cage it and well tandem one day but not anytime to0 soon. I just enjoy the fun and experience of beating the car, and seeing what different stuff I do to the car to make it super easy to drive. id hate to see this car totaled at the moment lol. I do have a freebie car somebody gave me with some slight quarter panel damage that Im gona dedicate as a drift missile that yes id love to tandem in. whens the next event, im signed up from now on for every Wednesday but I don't think there's another till the 17?
BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Dude you were killing it out there though! No mehain stuff just the normal 2-3 car tandem its really easy to avoid crashes when not every single car is out at once haha. yeah 17th it is, i gotta do an axle boot as the cords ripped mine last week, swap to smaller tires in the front, add spacers and get an alignment before the next event . Im shooting for the 24th.

--------------------
71 f250

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

lol thanks man, then ill see u out there soon, my next day on wedsnday is teh 17 and lino invited me to the winter jam? so i gotta look in to that as well.
BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

i think thats the formula d layout competition, the tech rules are really strict and youd definitely need a cage haha. For sure man!

--------------------
71 f250

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw u out there a couple weeks ago I was drifting my blue 2007 gt. I can't wait to go back maybe this Wednesday.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

you were doing pretty good man, you have any plans for your car?

--------------------
71 f250

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOOSTED92GT:
i think thats the formula d layout competition, the tech rules are really strict and youd definitely need a cage haha. For sure man!

Had a couple crashes out there yesterday. That wall sure comes out of nowhere, LOL

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOOSTED92GT:
you were doing pretty good man, you have any plans for your car?

Thanks. I do want to get subframes, and a steeda strut tower brace maybe a bumpsteer kit. Currently all it's got is 3:73s, h&r blue springs, Koni adjustables and steeda adjustable PH bar. I'm still new to drifting and am still learning so any advice on building it would help.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

that blue convert was doing really good last night man !! goood job!!!!
!

BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Thanks Jon, when are you going to be back out? That bumped killed my exhaust, damn irs has the catback so low,  -

--------------------
71 f250

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

not soon enough, Im building another car so ill have a back up one while mines talking for ever at the frame shop.
'

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Badass!

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com