Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » i drove the new track at thunderhill

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: i drove the new track at thunderhill
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
at the end of the day I was driver around the new track at thunderhill. they will finish paving it this week. it is very technical with a lot of elevation changes. it wont be fast. it 36'wide. power will be going in in a week or two and a building is being built for control and timing/scoring.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How long is the new section again? I remember watching a video of a golf cart going through the new track before it was paved...didn't look very technical in that video. But if you say it is, I definitely believe you, Mike!

Do you know when it will be open?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it will open at the end of june. it will be 2 miles long. the first event will be HOD then motorcycles. norcal Shelby club will be using the full cource august 2-3.
the new track will be slick until it gets a little rubber on it.
NASA will be their august 30-31 so it should have some good rubber down on it.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking forward to this [burnout]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shelby Club is doing Mini-Nats at Sonoma August 2-3, per their website.

I was disappointed that the new course was not completed in time for the May Shelby event, as I was told that the track would be ready in time. Typical construction project.

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just went this past friday.. the apex and banks are not yet painted... but alot of elevation changes and super technical like the op said.. at first new track had me rattled...but by the end of the day i was doing good.. the new track is paved on hard dirt and since so much elevation changes i can see people eating shit..i spun and took out a cone..luckly no damage.
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking forward to going out there to check it out. Although I still need a lot of practice on the original track. So I'll be skipping the new track for a while.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
3.6 pulley, 80# inj, GT500 fuel pump, Saleen Extreme CAI
Installs & tune by AED

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have Few friends that did the new track and they didn't really like it . They told me it really disrupts the rithym from fast to slow . I hope I get to try it out this year
Posts: 226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 331SVO:
I have Few friends that did the new track and they didn't really like it . They told me it really disrupts the rithym from fast to slow . I hope I get to try it out this year

agreed. the two tracks dont mesh well at all. its like they didnt make it as an addition to the old track but just a whole new track.
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com