Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NASA march 15-16 sears point

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NASA march 15-16 sears point
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whos going. it will be regular race groups and HPDE 1-4.witha BBQ Saturday night

http://nasanorcal.com/events/2014/mar/marchschedule.pdf.

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
More than likely I'll be there ... I'll be in a black 14 5.0 GT
Posts: 226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Once again...schedule conflicts deter me from attending [Mad] o really need to make my way out to the track SOON!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually I try to sign up and they got a full house for hpde 3 on both days . So no go I'll be at amarican auto x on Sunday at marina if anybody wants to say hello. Ian we need to get out there sometime ... Hope to see you around

[ 2014-03-06, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: 331SVO ]

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
331SVO
HPDE 3 and 4 are running together so sign up for group 4

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be there on Sunday the 16th. I've done 5-6 track days at T-Hill and one at Laguna Seca but it will be my first event with NASA and first at Sonoma. Looking forward to trying it out and hoping for good weather!
331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

No I can't I have already committed to AAS I went yesterday to Sonoma with trackmasters I am down to 2:03 I was hoping to break into the high 1:50's but hopefully later this year . I need to service the car flush the brake fluid and changed the oil maybe even the tranny oil . At the last sessions my brake and clutch pedal felt the same !
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 331SVO:
No I can't I have already committed to AAS I went yesterday to Sonoma with trackmasters I am down to 2:03 I was hoping to break into the high 1:50's but hopefully later this year . I need to service the car flush the brake fluid and changed the oil maybe even the tranny oil . At the last sessions my brake and clutch pedal felt the same !

What tires are you on?
331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Tim!!! Glad to see you on here. I am on street tires Nitto NT05's 275/35R19 I have eibach R2 coil overs and mm caster camber plates.
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 331SVO:
Tim!!! Glad to see you on here. I am on street tires Nitto NT05's 275/35R19 I have eibach R2 coil overs and mm caster camber plates.

I still lurk around a bit. With some practice you will get into high 1:50s on those tires. [patriot]
331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

I spoke with Mike Maier and he drove my car at the autocross this past Sunday . He suggested more rear spring and a better brake pad. You should come out to an autocross Tim you can drive my car...drop some knowledge on me on driving and suspension set ups!
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Mike is all about rear spring.

I'm considering going to autocross. I just bought a Focus ST for a daily driver use and I'd like to see what it can do. The American Auto X is way down past Watsonville this year isn't it?

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

http://www.americanauto-x.com/schedule/

They have an event in crows landing but most of them are marina airport in Monterrey

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is NASA always this packed?!? I was there Sunday and was in HPDE2 since it was my first event and I couldn't do HPDE3. It was a huge CLUSTERFUCK. We counted 51 cars on grid in a pic we took prior to heading out on track. It was FAR from a track day experience, it was more like a Highway 4 traffic jam with a bunch of scared noobs on track. I have zero desires to return with NASA LOL. I'll stick with NCRC and Trackmasters. NASA is definitely a high dollar organization and I'm sure their racing classes are top notch, but it seems like they're more about their bottom line $$$ than the driver's experience.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
Is NASA always this packed?!? I was there Sunday and was in HPDE2 since it was my first event and I couldn't do HPDE3. It was a huge CLUSTERFUCK. We counted 51 cars on grid in a pic we took prior to heading out on track. It was FAR from a track day experience, it was more like a Highway 4 traffic jam with a bunch of scared noobs on track. I have zero desires to return with NASA LOL. I'll stick with NCRC and Trackmasters. NASA is definitely a high dollar organization and I'm sure their racing classes are top notch, but it seems like they're more about their bottom line $$$ than the driver's experience.

The way I see it, NASA is pretty well priced and organized which is why a lot of people attend their events. Now, you can do ncrc which is cheaper, but their events are primarily at thunderhill and buttonwillow. Never do they host events at Sonoma.

You can also pay top dollar $350+ for trackmasters and hooked on driving events. A lot less traffic from my experience, still the same enjoyment as any other trackday, but again...you pay almost twice the amount.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

351w
¯
Member # 11875

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 351w  Ford pictures for 351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:

The way I see it, NASA is pretty well priced and organized which is why a lot of people attend their events. Now, you can do ncrc which is cheaper, but their events are primarily at thunderhill and buttonwillow. Never do they host events at Sonoma.

You can also pay top dollar $350+ for trackmasters and hooked on driving events. A lot less traffic from my experience, still the same enjoyment as any other trackday, but again...you pay almost twice the amount.

Understood...I don't have an issue traveling the hour and a half for a track experience like I get with NCRC. Not only that but we don't get scolded there for trying to drive at track day speeds, LOL.
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Understood...I don't have an issue traveling the hour and a half for a track experience like I get with NCRC. Not only that but we don't get scolded there for trying to drive at track day speeds, LOL.

if your in HPDE 2 your passing is limit. maybe since you drive flat out u should step up to group 3 or 4 which has open passing.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com