Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » new rules at sears point

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: new rules at sears point
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they lowered the sound from 103db to 101db

laguna lowered it to 90db

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is the point of this? Are they really trying to lose business?!? These are race tracks, what do they expect!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lawsuits. Nearby homeowners have been pushing to reduce sound limits. I'd bet those homeowners would be happy to see the tracks close altogether.

It will be interesting to see what happens in 2014. Trackmasters has given up on Laguna. It seems that they don't think they can fill the track with 90dB cars. NCRC still has events at Laguna but they too will give up if people stop signing up because they got flagged for noise.

Laguna and Sears Point still host a handful of unlimited sound semi- and professional track events. Worse case is they raise the cost to those guys to make up lost revenue from car clubs.

My car measured 91.2dB. As much as I like Laguna, it's probably over.

The winner of all this will be Thunderhill.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
dohcfox
¯
Member # 12829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohcfox  Ford pictures for dohcfox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put some reallly quiet mufflers on mine and still was 92 at laguna. suckks... i think brake squeek is louder than 90 db!

--------------------
97 mustang track car
57 f100 built on 06 Lincoln navigator frame
83 elcamino d.d.
64 ford galaxie
Porsche turbo

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have no idea what my car's db is...but I'm hoping I can at least slide by at Sonoma! I doubt I even have a chance at Laguna [Embarrassed]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
I have no idea what my car's db is...but I'm hoping I can at least slide by at Sonoma! I doubt I even have a chance at Laguna [Embarrassed]

You won't have anything to worry about at Sonoma....trust me.

I haven't been to Seca in years because of there bs. Like I said before, my buddies stock gtr couldn't even pass there so bye bye Seca, I'm just glad I got to got there when I did and have some fun while I could. Do they really think for a second we're going to pay top dollar to drive a track and then waste time coming in for a meatball flag...really?!!

Enjoy Sonoma while you can because this is exactly how Seca started. Isn't California great [Wink]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

I haven't been to Seca in years because of there bs. Like I said before, my buddies stock gtr couldn't even pass there so bye bye Seca, I'm just glad I got to got there when I did and have some fun while I could. Do they really think for a second we're going to pay top dollar to drive a track and then waste time coming in for a meatball flag...really?!!

Enjoy Sonoma while you can because this is exactly how Seca started. Isn't California great [Wink]

I remember you telling me the story about the stock GTR. Its sad that I didnt get a chance to run Laguna [Frown]

I'll continue to run Sonoma as much as possible and hopefully make my way out to Thill more frequently. I just dont like having to spend the night out there and spend the extra cash on it.

--------------------

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NASA has 1 event this year a laguna with 105db
but its only open for time trails and race groups.
maybe I will take out my 65 stang and run AIX

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

I remember you telling me the story about the stock GTR. Its sad that I didnt get a chance to run Laguna [Frown]

I'll continue to run Sonoma as much as possible and hopefully make my way out to Thill more frequently. I just dont like having to spend the night out there and spend the extra cash on it.

To be honest, you're not missing that much at Seca. Sears is more demanding and technical so don't sweat it. Go out sometime with some track group and catch some rides in somebodies stock Porsche or something to see what the track is. Stock fast cars like those are about the only thing that pass anymore and that depends on the density of the air that day.

If I recall, you still haven't done Buttonwillow. You need to go out there this year for sure. You can really learn the car and not worry about hitting anything in the meantime. You have to jsut plan on staying the night you cheap bastard [Razz]

Ps, I absolutely hate paying for lodging too [Wink]

[ 2014-01-30, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: 9cobra7 ]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

To be honest, you're not missing that much at Seca. Sears is more demanding and technical so don't sweat it. Go out sometime with some track group and catch some rides in somebodies stock Porsche or something to see what the track is. Stock fast cars like those are about the only thing that pass anymore and that depends on the density of the air that day.

If I recall, you still haven't done Buttonwillow. You need to go out there this year for sure. You can really learn the car and not worry about hitting anything in the meantime. You have to jsut plan on staying the night you cheap bastard [Razz]

Ps, I absolutely hate paying for lodging too [Wink]

BW is definitely on my to-do list for 2014. As long as I can free up some time from the kids' activities, I'll be there!

How far down I5 is BW? Is it past the Grapevine or before it?

--------------------

thrashed
¯
Member # 9752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for thrashed  Ford pictures for thrashed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Buttonwillow is about 3 hours south on I5.

24551 Lerdo Hwy
Buttonwillow, CA 93206

-

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Thanks for the map Tim [patriot] now I remember...it's right off the 5 before the Grapevine. For some reason I was getting BW mixed up with Willow.

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hotels in buttonwillow are only $30/night, lol. I'll be going in April and Sept

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
hotels in buttonwillow are only $30/night, lol. I'll be going in April and Sept

in that case...I'm there! [dance]

--------------------

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want to eventually head south and hit up California Speedway. High bank straights" and infield twisties. Sounds fun to me.
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com