Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Still looking for a track ready car!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Still looking for a track ready car!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking to buy a track prepped car, ideally AI or CMC caliber. I really want something with a cage already built in and some suspension goodies. The wife is feeling my pain and has given me the ok (as long as the price is right [Big Grin] ). I know some of you have track cars that have been parked for seasons and want to just get rid of them...let me know please [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

harley56
¯
Member # 6731

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for harley56  Ford pictures for harley56    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I remember racing against this car in SCCA years ago. Not a Mustang, but seems reasonably priced.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4155262139.html

Posts: 89 | From: Sonoma county | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck on your search Ian hope you find something again
Posts: 226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, I actually bit the bullet and opted for a miata today. Definitely not my first choice, but from what I keep hearing, it should be cheap and fun to beat up on track days. I couldn't pass it up with the mods it has and the price the guy let it go for. We'll see how long I actually keep this one for [Big Grin]

[ 2013-11-03, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well congrats on your purchase. Let's see some pics and what does this car consist of (power plant)?
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you going to race it or just hpde
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Greg, thanks man! I'll post some pics later. Its definitely nothing to admire! Power plant is the stock fart can 1.6L motor with some suspension goodies. Nothing serious...just a cheap car to beat on.

Mike, its just for hpde. I don't have the time or funds to go racing. Maybe one day when my kids are older.

--------------------

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats on the miata Ian. I just bought one for autocross duty. I actually was about to send you a pm that I may sell my AI car.

Momentum cars realy do teach you how to get the most out of a car. I started my track experience in a 1400cc Datsun. It was a pretty developed car but I learned a lot about driving in that car.

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 4IDFOX:
Congrats on the miata Ian. I just bought one for autocross duty. I actually was about to send you a pm that I may sell my AI car.

Momentum cars realy do teach you how to get the most out of a car. I started my track experience in a 1400cc Datsun. It was a pretty developed car but I learned a lot about driving in that car.

If you do sell your AI car, PLEASE let me know. I still want a well-sorted Mustang for a track car. The miata seems to handle really well with the mods it currently has but the power and torque are far from that of a mustang [Frown]

--------------------

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, there is nothing like torque to get the adrenalin going. I will keep you posted as to if I decide to sell my car. I have a lot on my plate right now so it will be a couple months if I do sell.
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 4IDFOX:
Yep, there is nothing like torque to get the adrenalin going. I will keep you posted as to if I decide to sell my car. I have a lot on my plate right now so it will be a couple months if I do sell.

If you can, pm me a ballpark range of what you'll be looking to get for the car so I can see if I can work it in the budget when you're ready to sell. Thanks!

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are you going to sonoma this weekend?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Just sold my spec miata. Trying to work my way up to a decent track ready Mustang [Big Grin] I'd prefer street legal if possible [patriot]

[ 2013-11-24, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Just sold my spec miata. Young to work my way up to a decent track ready Mustang [Big Grin] I'd prefer street legal if possible [patriot]

You absolutely....and I mean ABSOLUTELY kill me with all your car ventures my friend, lol
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Just sold my spec miata. Trying to work my way up to a decent track ready Mustang [Big Grin] I'd prefer street legal if possible [patriot]

You absolutely....and I mean ABSOLUTELY kill me with all your car ventures my friend, lol
Haha...I just can't make up my mind! If I can land a good mustang I'll be satisfied for a while [Big Grin]

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of price range are you look to stay within??

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
what kind of price range are you look to stay within??

Preferably $7k and below for something really that's track-only but set up properly (ie: cage, front/rear suspension, etc). I have a couple of leads in the $7500-8000 range for AI type cars but I'm looking for something a bit cheaper if it's not street legal.

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck with the hunt!!!

[ 2013-12-02, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: jmcclesk ]

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
good luck with the hunt!!!

Thanks! I have a couple of really good leads on AI spec cars hovering my higher price range but I'm trying to see if I can find something a tad bit cheaper.

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mine is cheap LOL
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
mine is cheap LOL

True, but both these cars are priced about as much as yours and they're fully race prepped [Wink]

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well then mine is less for you LOL
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com