Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Looking to get into road racing/auto x

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking to get into road racing/auto x
Nasty 2V
¯
Member # 12199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasty 2V  Ford pictures for Nasty 2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been interested in getting into this type of racing,and want to try it out. To participate in an event is it just like wednesday night drags? Show up and pay to race? Or is there a process I need to go through before I can start? Im not to sure where to start from, any help would be great!
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NASA will be at sears point this weekend. In HPDE 1 they will assign you an instructor. Sat note there is a BBQ.
4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://californiafords.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000482
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just to add to what's in the other thread...

A lot of events have a maximum number of cars per group. It's best to sign up (and you might have to pay) to insure a spot.

Check out the clubs I listed in the other thread. Some events/clubs offer some form of driver school. Getting some help will get you up to speed sooner and safer.

Don't worry about modifying the car. Just make sure it's safe to run (the wheels won't fall off type stuff) but I would recommend at least half new thickness on the brake pads.

You will need a helmet. Some tracks, like Thunderhill, have some to rent but double check that before showing up without a helmet.

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com