Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » NASA @ Thunderhill, April 14th

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NASA @ Thunderhill, April 14th
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just signed up for HPDE1. Anyone else going?

This will be my first time out with NASA. I did NCRC last January. Looking forward to having an instructor ride with me so I can learn more.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
3.6 pulley, 80# inj, GT500 fuel pump, Saleen Extreme CAI
Installs & tune by AED

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i will be there...
come by and say hi
i will have my 65 fastback there in may

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SaleenGirl  Ford pictures for SaleenGirl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds good. You can't miss me. I'll be the girl in a red Saleen.

They just assigned me to my instructor: Dave Rowsey.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

Had a fun day! Spun off the track after turn 6 and scared myself to death. I turned in to early, so tracked out too wide. Dropped a tire off the track, and like a rookie in true form... I tried to steer back on too soon and spun out. Wow I need more practice!
Anyway, below is a link to the track pics. It was nice to meet you acmikee [Smile] .

http://headonphotos.net/gallery/nasa/NASA13-3/HPDE%201-2/305/index.html

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this for any body or just sanctioned cars?
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

It's for anyone! Just go to any club's website and sign up for the day you want to drive. So far I have signed up with NASA and NCRC.

It's so much fun! Even for beginners [Smile]

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the cars teck inspections consist of? and what car club or website lol. i wana go and a couple buddies
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

My post before yours has the links to NASA and NCRC (showing all the dates available this year and at which racetracks).

Both clubs let you self-tech, which means you check all the stuff on the list yourself. Like your tires have good tread, your brake pads have more than 50% left on them, you recently flushed the brake fluid, your battery is strapped down, etc. It's all easy stuff.

[ 2013-04-20, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: SaleenGirl ]

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I believe NASA requires you to have your car teched by one of there approved tech mechanics before you get there. Or you can get in line the morning of your track day and have there teck guys tech it. Either way it will cost a little.

I think there are several tech guys in the Bay Area.

Things may have changed as I have not had to go through that in a few years. My car gets a annual sticker before the season starts.

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
SaleenGirl
¯
Member # 11156

NASA recently approved self-tech for HPDE. They talk about it here: http://www.nasanorcal.com/index.php?/site/section_news/self_tech_pilot_program_rolled_out_for_hpde/
Glad they did that for those of us that aren't racing against the clock.

--------------------
06 Saleen S281 SC #305
Installs & tune by AED

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That makes things a lot easier. I was always stressed trying to get teched and make it to the meetings on time.

I only worry about the clock during qualifying. After that I worry about competitors.

Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com