Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » 60's Open Track Cars

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 60's Open Track Cars
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was wondering if anyone here open tracks their 60's mustangs? I'm staring to build my 66 for open track and was curious to see what setups people are running.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im finishing a 65 fastback. i will running it this may at thunderhill with NASA. its a trans-am style. all total control.
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My dad runs a Maier Racing package on his '67 and has a lot of fun with it on open track events. They are a knowledgable shop that not only develops and manufactures parts but can set up your car as well. I would definitely recommend a visit to Maier Racing before you buy any suspension parts.
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is a ton of them that open track with the shelby club. I have a 2002, but come on out to the next track day and check out the cars.
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So far there's 17 1964 to '68 Mustangs signed up for Shelby Club at Thunderhill April 20 / 21.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by acmikee:
im finishing a 65 fastback. i will running it this may at thunderhill with NASA. its a trans-am style. all total control.

Nice. Are you running stock style suspension or coil over? Also what wheel and tires are you running?

quote:
Originally posted by phildog:
My dad runs a Maier Racing package on his '67 and has a lot of fun with it on open track events. They are a knowledgable shop that not only develops and manufactures parts but can set up your car as well. I would definitely recommend a visit to Maier Racing before you buy any suspension parts.

Yea I went there last week and ordered their leaf springs and shocks. Very cool shop and nice people. I think I'll be going thru them for parts and maybe some welding work.

quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
There is a ton of them that open track with the shelby club. I have a 2002, but come on out to the next track day and check out the cars.

Sounds like fun. It's been awhile since I've been to an event with a lot of older cars.

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
So far there's 17 1964 to '68 Mustangs signed up for Shelby Club at Thunderhill April 20 / 21.

I know its a long shot, but are any of them going to be R models?

[ 2013-04-04, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Boss 327 ]

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check NorCal Shelby website, Spring Sprint, then select "Run Groups". It will list the types of cars as described by the person who signed up.
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice. Are you running stock style suspension or coil over? Also what wheel and tires are you running?

i running all total control front and rear. it has a 408 with a jerico trans
some spy fotos

http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/download/wallpaper/65fb-blue1024.jpg

dohcfox
¯
Member # 12829

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dohcfox  Ford pictures for dohcfox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im signed up for spring sprint! i go with a few friends with 60s mustangs. they use alot of global west and myer products. www.streetortrack.com is who they get most of their products from. they all still run leaf sprigs in the back with a watts link and up front just relocated upper arms and the normal spring over setup. the coil overs are nice but these guys do really well with the orignal design.

--------------------
97 mustang track car
57 f100 built on 06 Lincoln navigator frame
83 elcamino d.d.
64 ford galaxie
Porsche turbo

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wasnt able to sign up for spring sprint, as I am getting married the weekend after. But I think I am going to come up for the day and hang out.
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

You must still be young. At my age, the priority would be reversed.
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

quote:
You must still be young. At my age, the priority would be reversed.

HAHA I am 29 and I am paying for the wedding. Other wise I would be there I would be there if it was in the beginning of April like it usually is LOL
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

The weekend after Shelby Club is NCRC. Not a more perfect honeymoon.

Congratulations.

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

quote:
The weekend after Shelby Club is NCRC. Not a more perfect honeymoon.

Congratulations.

Haha thanks. Ill try that. If no one ever hears from me again it didnt go well.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com