Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Brake cooling ducts?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Brake cooling ducts?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For you guys that are running them, what brand are you using and where did you buy them from? or did you fab them up yourselves? I'm in serious need of some brake cooling and want to get this taken care of before the season starts.
[patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Norcalstangman had his custom made at precision/FOD

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
Norcalstangman had his custom made at precision/FOD

Yea, but I'm planning to try and bust it out myself since Jon is pretty busy with other cars right now. Gotta get my car ready ASAP....lots to do, so little time!

Anyone else??

[ December 13, 2012, 02:25 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What bumper is this going in?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
What bumper is this going in?

Sn95 Saleen bumper

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in my 2002 GT i used the fog light brackets, took out the bulb housing and the back funnels down to a 2.5 inch circle, which is the exact size of shop vac hose. I used that because it is strong, flexible and works well. Then I purchased the Agent 47 cooling duct mounts that bolt right up to the spindle and pushes air into the hat of the rotor. seems to work good total cost was maybe 50-60 bucks
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ian, Lambert automotive, formerly Quantuum, makes a decent spindle adapter, I used it without issue for years. I had custom bumper ducts but Lambert might make those for your car.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Devero, I dont have fohlights on my bumper so o need to make or find something that fits. Thanks for the input though.

Tim, I'll look at Lambert's website and see if they have something that will work for me, thanks!

--------------------

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh yeah saleen. My bad.
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bring your car down here buddy and let me and Johnathon make u some.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:

Its all good...I was planning to have those brake ducts and a few other ideas I have fabbed up but i talked to Jonathan the other day and he said he's pretty busy right now...so I'll just tackle it myself. Got a few things to do to the car before the season starts in february.

[ December 14, 2012, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:

Its all good...I was planning to have those brake ducts and a few other ideas I have fabbed up but i talked to Jonathan the other day and he said he's pretty busy right now...so I'll just tackle it myself. Got a few things to do to the car before the season starts in february.
Bring the car to the shop , [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com