Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » (*PICS UP*) - NASA @ Sonoma Raceway 11/10 (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: (*PICS UP*) - NASA @ Sonoma Raceway 11/10
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone plan to run nasa's last event for the season at Sonoma on 11/10-11/11? I'm hoping to run on Saturday and if it's a good day, I going to try and get signed off to HPDE 4 [Whoo Whooooo!] anyone else planning on attending?!?!

[ November 14, 2012, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'll be there sat and sun. how do nasa events work? do they send out a schedule or anything?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
i'll be there sat and sun. how do nasa events work? do they send out a schedule or anything?

Jon, you'll get an email from them a few days before the event. It'll have a link to the scedule, parking setup, etc.

--------------------

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm gonna try to make it but I doubt I'll make it with paying the tags and smog on the cobra and I need to get my brake controller for my truck
Posts: 226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 331SVO:
I'm gonna try to make it but I doubt I'll make it with paying the tags and smog on the cobra and I need to get my brake controller for my truck

Fidel, hit it up with me bro! Last one for the season! Just drive the car out there so you don't need to worry about your truck's brake controller.

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Anyone plan to run nasa's last event for the season at Sonoma on 11/10-11/11? I'm hoping to run on Saturday and if it's a good day, I going to try and get signed off to HPDE 4 [Whoo Whooooo!] anyone else planning on attending?!?!

Are you going for sure Ian?

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

Are you going for sure Ian?
No, as of today they still haven't opened up Saturday-only registration.

--------------------

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i will be there both days.
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ok, Saturday-only registration just opened up and I'm registered! I'll be out there for sure but still need to get the car tech'ed. Does anyone know if they have tech inspection at the track in case I can't make it to a local shop before Saturday??

***Greg, you coming out to play?!?!

[ November 07, 2012, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes you can get it tech at the track.
i can tech it tonite in fremont.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by acmikee:
yes you can get it tech at the track.
i can tech it tonite in fremont.

Thanks to the tech mike! Good meeting you [patriot]

--------------------

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

You guys should've came out (Greg and Jay!!!) [Big Grin] The track was nice and open on saturday with only about 15-20 cars running in group 3. I'm sure the other groups had a similar turn out as well! It was pretty chilly all day, but the sun came out and the track started to warm up a little. I did my "test" to get signed off to group 4 and passed! Long story short, they "tested" me by having one of the instructors get into his race car (a race-prepped Mercedes) and chase me around the track. Since it was unannounced, I had some fun with him not knowing who he was. All in all, it was good fun and he said I did well. Off to group 4 I go next season! Hopefully I'll have my suspension dialed in a bit more, gutted interior, full cage, and slicks!

Greg, I'm coming for you brother [Razz]

***Pics and video to come [dance]

--------------------

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
You guys should've came out (Greg and Jay!!!) [Big Grin] The track was nice and open on saturday with only about 15-20 cars running in group 3. I'm sure the other groups had a similar turn out as well! It was pretty chilly all day, but the sun came out and the track started to warm up a little. I did my "test" to get signed off to group 4 and passed! Long story short, they "tested" me by having one of the instructors get into his race car (a race-prepped Mercedes) and chase me around the track. Since it was unannounced, I had some fun with him not knowing who he was. All in all, it was good fun and he said I did well. Off to group 4 I go next season! Hopefully I'll have my suspension dialed in a bit more, gutted interior, full cage, and slicks!

I can feel the heat no doubt! Man, I'm looking forward to running in the same group with you next year and let's see the pics and video.
It's funny to watch the addiction take it's full course. You started with a stock car and some brake pads, now your talking about gutted interior....lol

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
quote:

I can feel the heat no doubt! Man, I'm looking forward to running in the same group with you next year and let's see the pics and video.
It's funny to watch the addiction take it's full course. You started with a stock car and some brake pads, now your talking about gutted interior....lol

No, I was just playing...no heat coming from over here [Razz] I'm still way slower than you but I'd like to try and chase you around if I can keep up! Should make for some good fun for sure [burnout]

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for showing me around Ian. It is definitely a challenging track for me, I'm not used to being passed by E36's [Embarrassed]
Can't wait to go back and work on that track.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by Hungry Hippo:
Thanks for showing me around Ian. It is definitely a challenging track for me, I'm not used to being passed by E36's [Embarrassed]
Can't wait to go back and work on that track.

hey John, glad you had fun! How was sunday? Did you feel more comfortable on the track after getting a feel for it on saturday?

--------------------

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Yeah, Sunday was much better after I slept for 12 hours. I'm content with my driving line for now, but my car still felt really slippery out there, I probably need to adjust my driving style.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Still one event left befor the end of the year
the 25hour at thundhill. Come out and watch.
dec 8-9

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Here are a few pics that I took on my phone and a few that I 'borrowed' from headonphotos.net (thanks guys [Big Grin] ).

The FALEEN as you all have seen before [dance]

-

-

My Faleen and Hungry Hippo's C6 Vette

-

-

Some action shots courtesy of headonphotos.net

-

-

The instructor "testing me" by chasing me around the track [burnout]

-

[ November 14, 2012, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Cool pics dude, Looking forward to running with you in group 4. I didn't realize hungry hippo switched to the dark side, one more Chevy to pass I guess [Razz]
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

I have no brand loyalty [Cool]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

iron50
¯
Member # 11231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron50  Ford pictures for iron50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love the Precision Fabrication stickers [Big Grin] [patriot]

--------------------
You mama

Posts: 2025 | From: san pablo cal | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iron50:
I love the Precision Fabrication stickers [Big Grin] [patriot]

Looks sick saw it on a pretty cool white subaru on friday at my work. Turbo'ed I saw it thru his hood.lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I see Paul gedding was the guy following you ... I think he runs time trials He's fast
Posts: 226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com