Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » MARK YOUR CALENDARS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: MARK YOUR CALENDARS
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NASA schedule july 6-7 mazda laguna seca with a sound limit of 105dba.........this is only a tentative date

[ October 26, 2012, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: acmikee ]

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am there ... I will do both days my car is at 92dba there's no way I can go out there on any other open track organization
Posts: 226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the track is losing money or something because I know a lot of people who don't go there anymore including me.
I'm sure this will sell out quick, thanks for the update.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

4IDFOX
¯
Member # 9921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4IDFOX  Ford pictures for 4IDFOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It is going to be racing and tt only. No hpde. 35 car per session (race) limit
Posts: 375 | From: Redding CA | Registered: Apr 2010  |  :
331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hopefully by then Ill be in TTU ..... What is needed for TTU is pretty much a step up from hpde4 ?? Or do I need a full out race car I plan to have a 6 point welded roll bar certified race seat, battery safety switch along with relocation and an extinguisher .. That should be enough .. Right?
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 331SVO:
Hopefully by then Ill be in TTU ..... What is needed for TTU is pretty much a step up from hpde4 ?? Or do I need a full out race car I plan to have a 6 point welded roll bar certified race seat, battery safety switch along with relocation and an extinguisher .. That should be enough .. Right?

TTU is fast bro! The two top runners right now are a 67 mustang and a 69 camaro. The guy who owns the 67 mustang runs a corvette shop out in Hayward...he works with Chris (topnotch). You should go talk to him if you plan to bump up to that level, his name is Bob. Real cool guy!

I don't know what you need to run TT but I'd suggest some weight reduction since your car still has full interior and all that. By the way, Are you in hpde4 now??? If I can get to the NASA event next month I plan to try and get signed off to 4 [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

No I'm still in 3 I don't wanna get signed off to 4 till my car is set up which is not at all yet but in the next following
Months it should be there and if I can't afford the mods I'll stick to auto x well see what happens that 67 is from precision auto in Hayward and yeah he is quick along with that Porsche that runs TTU and life's good racing 69 camaro and let's not forget the Griggs prepped mustang all those guys are around mid to high 1:40's at sears point

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can run near 350rwhp at the wheels in a stripped foxbody and still be in TTS. That's the class I ran with pretty good success. TTU is for cars with big horsepower. You will need a fully stripped, caged car with aero to be competitive in TTS in a foxbody. My friend Jon runs in it with a blue Z06, he is in the 1:46 range at Infineon and the 1:54 range at Thunderhill. Those are very fast times and not easy to match in foxbody race car.
331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

I've met Jon Lawrence ...I believe that's his name 1:43 around sears is fast thats he told me ran last time i ran with s
trackmasters I won't be able to touch him great driver and great car ... But I think I'm screwed Tim with 554 hp and 490 trq mm tubular front end ... I won't have a full roll cage but I will have a 6 point roll bar Maier will install for me and delrin rear IRS bushings coil overs as well ,along with toyo's I think I'll be thrown in to TTU ...I'll have some weight reduction due to no backseats and race seats . I wanna say due to the power I'll be in the unlimited class ... Right?

[ November 02, 2012, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: 331SVO ]

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The power will put you out of TTS.
331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
The power will put you out of TTS.

That's what I thought at times I think of selling my car and getting a 2011-2013 5.0 with better springs and shocks maybe a watts link I'll be in TTR easier class to be competitive

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com