Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » **Pics up!** Nor-Cal SAAC @ Sonoma 8/4 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: **Pics up!** Nor-Cal SAAC @ Sonoma 8/4
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Great to see all these new people to the sport lately.

As stated by Steve L above, that is the Shelby club in a nutshell. If you want to have better passing rules you need to try other clubs. In general though a good group of people with many high dollar real Shelby's and rare mustangs.

Car is looking good as always Ian and I need to get out soon, I got an itch to scratch at Sears Point soon no doubt.

Devero2 car looking good too, like the black wingless with Saleen's combo

Where've you been hiding Greg?! I haven't seen you out all season! I have the rest of the season planned out already. If my schedule permits, I'll be running the rest of this year with NASA at Infineon. September 29th is the next one up! Will I see you there???

My re-01r's are almost toast so hopefully I can upgrade to a tire thats a bit stickier soon. I really want to get trough the S's at a higher speed without sliding all over the place [burnout]

Devero2...are you running R6's? Your car definitely looks great!

[ August 07, 2012, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
quote:

As stated by Steve L above, that is the Shelby club in a nutshell. If you want to have better passing rules you need to try other clubs. In general though a good group of people with many high dollar real Shelby's and rare mustangs.

Car is looking good as always Ian and I need to get out soon, I got an itch to scratch at Sears Point soon no doubt.

Where've you been hiding Greg?! I haven't seen you out all season! I have the rest of the season planned out already. If my schedule permits, I'll be running the rest of this year with NASA at Infineon. September 29th is the next one up! Will I see you there???

My re-01r's are almost toast so hopefully I can upgrade to a tire thats a bit stickier soon. I really want to get trough the S's at a higher speed without sliding all over the place [burnout]

Yes sir. R6 is the way to go 275 front and 295 rear. I think I got them all for 350 shipped to my front door [Wink]
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DEVERO2:
quote:
quote:

Yes sir. R6 is the way to go 275 front and 295 rear. I think I got them all for 350 shipped to my front door [Wink]
$350 shipped???? Can I get hooked up too? I need 275-40-17 all around. Please share [worship]

--------------------

slowmach
¯
Member # 10099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slowmach  Ford pictures for slowmach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by slowmach:
That was my first event and im totally hooked! I want to get my mach 1 ready for t hill. I saw that miata spin out in turn 11 I believe. I want to say I was told it was $250 per tag per day. So for like beginners like myself id be in yellow group and only do out for one day. Some guys out there had multiple tags for both days. Up to like $1000. Definitely a thrill!

It's definitely addicting! What color is your Mach 1? I don't recall seeing very many sn95's or new edges on Saturday. Did you run in Yellow or just rode as a passenger with someone.

Yes, my buddy spun his Miata in T11 and T4...he said he's still trying to get used to the car lol!

As for pricing, this event was about $300 for me as a non-member. Some people had multiple "tags" because their cars were probably being driven by multiple people in different run groups. Usually you only run in a single group though.

I didn't bring out my car to the event. It's yellow. I had a ride along in a red 65 in green class. All of the guys I came with were all members, so I'm guessing thats why they said 250. Hopefully I can get the car done and make out out to t hill.

--------------------
[04 MACH]

Posts: 252 | From: pittsburg ca | Registered: Jun 2010  |  :
slowmach
¯
Member # 10099

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slowmach  Ford pictures for slowmach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

$350 shipped???? Can I get hooked up too? I need 275-40-17 all around. Please share [worship]
+1 [patriot]

--------------------
[04 MACH]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1 [patriot]
I don't think you should consider running slicks just yet, especially if it's going to be your first time out. I'll tell you what everyone told me when I first started: learn how to drive with regular street tires first. Slicks will give you much more grip which will in turn not allow you to learn to control your car at high speeds. Also, slicks aren't as forgiving...meaning that once they slide, they slide! Street tires will scream and warn you when you get to their maximum grip level. You want theasc remaing sound to notify you before sliding, in opposed to slicks not screaming and just sliding once they give way.

--------------------

slowmach
¯
Member # 10099

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1 [patriot]
I don't think you should consider running slicks just yet, especially if it's going to be your first time out. I'll tell you what everyone told me when I first started: learn how to drive with regular street tires first. Slicks will give you much more grip which will in turn not allow you to learn to control your car at high speeds. Also, slicks aren't as forgiving...meaning that once they slide, they slide! Street tires will scream and warn you when you get to their maximum grip level. You want theasc remaing sound to notify you before sliding, in opposed to slicks not screaming and just sliding once they give way.
Yea thats exactly what I red told as well. I have two sets of wheels so I was going to go streets so I can learn and then go slicks once I get a hang of the way it feels.

--------------------
[04 MACH]

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1 [patriot]
Agreed. once you realize the slick is gone its too late
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
slowmach
¯
Member # 10099

And that's exactly what I don't want, especially since I'm still paying off the car. One more reason I want to go to t hill first. Id rather slide through grass and dirt than go to infineon and slide into a wall. We did get to see the results of two nice cars getting totaled there too.

--------------------
[04 MACH]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com