Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » how much of a diff does lca make??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: how much of a diff does lca make??
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a stock rear suspension..dont like the uneasy feeling i get at high speeds..would lca make much of a difference in spirted driving or a phb on a stock suspension is better idea?
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both would be a good improvement. The PHB will help keep the rear more stable in the turns, & the LCA's will help the car hook up better. A pan hard bar, LCA's, & torque arm would be your ideal rear SRA setup on a Stang

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks for the input..you have any old parts for sale?

[ July 25, 2012, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Mach916 ]

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mach916:

Nope, but I recommend getting the MM Extreme Duty LCA's 1st to see if that helps...

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I agree with Epik. do LCA with stock uppers, PHB and it will handle nice. I am working on a PHB next its the only suspension I dont have yet, along with TQ arm
Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
quote:

Nope, but I recommend getting the MM Extreme Duty LCA's 1st to see if that helps...
how did you like the coilovers in your mach? were they noisey?
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if anybody's coil overs are noisy they where installed wrong. and lca are a big difference. the stock suspension and brakes are un safe past 75.
SwEeT03Gt
¯
Member # 10283

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SwEeT03Gt  Ford pictures for SwEeT03Gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
would a panhard bar help in 1/4 or are they strictly for cornering?
Posts: 4484 | From: -NicKlE n DiMe- | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
if anybody's coil overs are noisy they where installed wrong. and lca are a big difference. the stock suspension and brakes are un safe past 75.

what have you noticed that the lca s do?
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lower control arms do alot, combined with some uca's they eliminate the need for quad shocks if your car has them, allowing wider tires. They also eliminate wheel hop, and if you get the adjustable ones you can lower/raise the ride height to accommodate for different wheels/tires or to just lower it more or what have you...

I had the full M&M rear suspension on one of my previous Stangs combined with a 12 point cage and to be honest for a daily driver it was a bit over kill. (It was too rigid and would spin out under fast hard cornering ) You want a little bit of flex in ur chassis. Even in a Road Race car..

Maybe just some sub frame connectors and some control arms would suit u best.

[ July 30, 2012, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Nifty50 ]

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *EPIK*:
quote:

I just got those but the adjustable one's on my 96 vert and it handles like a completely different car.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A panhard bar's sole purpose is to keep the axle centered underneath the car and stop any side to side axle movement.
THAT'S A GOOD THING FOR ANY DRIVING SITUATION qtr mile or conter carving and I would reccomend one for all sra mustangs before 05 since they didnt have them from factory until then

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Saleen 00-768
¯
Member # 9379

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleen 00-768  Ford pictures for Saleen 00-768    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Nifty50:
Lower control arms do alot, combined with some uca's they eliminate the need for quad shocks if your car has them, allowing wider tires. They also eliminate wheel hop, and if you get the adjustable ones you can lower/raise the ride height to accommodate for different wheels/tires or to just lower it more or what have you...

I had the full M&M rear suspension on one of my previous Stangs combined with a 12 point cage and to be honest for a daily driver it was a bit over kill. (It was too rigid and would spin out under fast hard cornering ) You want a little bit of flex in ur chassis. Even in a Road Race car..

Maybe just some sub frame connectors and some control arms would suit u best.

Too stiff spring will do that. And you want zero flex in ur chassis!! If you run a stiff spring for road courses and take it on the street you bet ur ass u will be spinning out all over!! Ur not on slicks like a road course car and the street roads are nowhere near as smooth n grippy! That's why people reccomend softer rates on the street. Has nothing to do with the mm's fully articulating rear suspension, just the spring rates you went with oh and too stiff of a swaybar will contribute to a overly rigid feel. I've seen phb/TA cars literally pull wellie's out of corners in auto x

[ August 31, 2012, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: sneakyfox90 ]

--------------------
'00 Saleen SC #768
'90 GT
'90 California Edition (sold)
'87 Saleen #264 (sold)

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com