Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » Pictures from Trackmasters @ Sonoma Raceway/Sears Point!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pictures from Trackmasters @ Sonoma Raceway/Sears Point!
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Quick rundown of the Trackmasters event at Sonoma Raceway aka Sears Point last Friday, May 25, 2012...

The forecast showed showers starting at 10am so I mentally prepared myself for wet weather [Embarrassed] . Low and behold, the morning of the event the sun came out and no rain was in sight! It was a bit windy, but the sun warmed up the track by mid-morning.

It was a great day out with Fidel, known here as 331SVO. He was running his silver Terminator #25. Both of us ran in the "Mixed" group which was open passing all day, so it was FUN! There were lots of nice cars out there as I expected, some fast, and some not so fast. At this event I got a taste of what a Miata can really do on the track! With the right driver, those things FLY! I had a hell of a time trying to get past one! We kept passing eachother back and forth which made for some friendly competition.

All in all, it was an awesome day! I was able to pull a 2:02, which isnt fast, I know, but so far my best time at Sears Point. My tires were getting really slick and I wasnt feeling as confident in them towards the end of the day. Hopefully I can break high 1:50's soon [Big Grin] !

I havent had a chance to edit any of my videos, but I'll post a clip up as soon as I get time. But for now, here are a few pictures. [burnout]

-

-

-

-

-

[ May 31, 2012, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

-

Some eye candy...

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------

331SVO
¯
Member # 7376

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 331SVO  Ford pictures for 331SVO    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a fun day look forward to the next event
Posts: 226 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fidel, join me on June 23rd! I'm planning to run Laguna with Shelby club!

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

I'll be there for at least Saturday. Not sure about Friday.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by SteveL:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

I'll be there for at least Saturday. Not sure about Friday.
Awesome! I've never driven Laguna so I'll be cruising around the track just to get a feel for it. Do you happen to have a passenger seat and willing to take me out for a ride??

What group do you run in?

[ June 01, 2012, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: SydeWaySix ]

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do have a passenger seat and certainly you can go for a ride. I'll be in green group. I do have an intercom system in the car but it takes a few minutes for me to wire up your helmet if you want to talk during the session.

My car is a blue & white '87 hatchback, #92.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ran into the ubb mustang on the freeway a couple weeks ago. Nice car.
Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
I do have a passenger seat and certainly you can go for a ride. I'll be in green group. I do have an intercom system in the car but it takes a few minutes for me to wire up your helmet if you want to talk during the session.

My car is a blue & white '87 hatchback, #92.

Sounds good! I'll keep an eye out for you out there! I definitely want to try and catch a ride, but it depends on the track schedule. I'll be running in the red group.

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Try for the first session. The run group order will be green, red, yellow. There may be a required tech inspection. Try to get that done before the drivers meeting and have your car ready to go. They'll be about 15 minutes after the drivers meeting for the first green group session. I can show you the track and the line then drop you off at your car so you can get in and get on track.

[ June 02, 2012, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: SteveL ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Try for the first session. The run group order will be green, red, yellow. There may be a required tech inspection. Try to get that done before the drivers meeting and have your car ready to go. They'll be about 15 minutes after the drivers meeting for the first green group session. I can show you the track and the line then drop you off at your car so you can get in and get on track.

Sounds good! What time is the drivers meeting typically? I'm trying to decide if I want to drive out there in the morning or spend the night on Friday. It seems Laguna is about 1.5 hours (95 miles) away from me so I'm not sure if I want to take that drive in the morning. But I definitely need to get there early enough to get settled in, tech inspected, then out for a ride with you!

--------------------

jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SydeWaySix-nice picts nice to see there is more to cars than 1/4 at a time.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by jmcclesk:
SydeWaySix-nice picts nice to see there is more to cars than 1/4 at a time.

Thanks man! Yea, I've never been a straight-line racer kind of guy. Driving a race track is definitely a great experience and I think anyone who tries it will get hooked. [burnout]

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

The main gate opens at 7
Registration & tech inspection starts around 7:15
Go through tech first then registration
Drivers meeting at 8 for maybe 40 minutes
First group out at 9

If there is an inspection, and there is a long line, come find me. I'll make sure your car gets through before the drivers meeting so you're ready to go.

Remember that Shelby club requires long sleeves. Can be very light but long sleeves.

Our usual Laguna routine is leave at 5:15am. Meet at Denny's at 6:15am (we're about 75 miles away and towing). Finish breakfast and arrive at the track at 7:15.

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
The main gate opens at 7
Registration & tech inspection starts around 7:15
Go through tech first then registration
Drivers meeting at 8 for maybe 40 minutes
First group out at 9

If there is an inspection, and there is a long line, come find me. I'll make sure your car gets through before the drivers meeting so you're ready to go.

Remember that Shelby club requires long sleeves. Can be very light but long sleeves.

Our usual Laguna routine is leave at 5:15am. Meet at Denny's at 6:15am (we're about 75 miles away and towing). Finish breakfast and arrive at the track at 7:15.

Sounds like a plan! I still haven't paid my registration because I'm not 100% sure I'll be going yet (depends if I can make it to the NASA event on the 16th), but I'll shoot you a PM a few days before to let you know. Thanks!!

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com