Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Road Racing, Auto X & Drifting   » fire at thunderhill in car video

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: fire at thunderhill in car video
acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so how quickly can you get out of your car. the gas tank got punctured when the car landed. notice how calm the driver is after the crash. turn off battery and even adjusted the camera angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCc20KtnAyQ&feature=youtu.be

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, that's crazy how calm he was after that incident! I'm glad he escaped from the car before the flames got too big.

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Smoked50
¯
Member # 9592

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smoked50  Ford pictures for Smoked50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Might be a dumb question but why does he a have a fire extinguisher right there and not use it? Is it for looks? lol

--------------------
1993 4 Cyl - 68 RWHP

I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 25 seconds or less, I'm free.

1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It was a gas tank puncture? It looks like hot exhaust on dead grass set a fire???

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Smoked50:
Might be a dumb question but why does he a have a fire extinguisher right there and not use it? Is it for looks? lol

Seriously. Then when he gets out, he sets the steering wheel right in the potential fire path. Doesn't even try to grab the extinguisher at all.

Hell I got a 10lb fire bottle system with 3 dump lines set up. 1 at the engine by the fuel line, 1 at my fuel tank, and 1 at me. You can never be too safe.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who knows? Just because he had an extinguisher, doesn't mean it was charged.
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by straightliner1:
Who knows? Just because he had an extinguisher, doesn't mean it was charged.

Ya, but any pre-race inspection "should" have caught that if that was the case.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for acmikee  Ford pictures for acmikee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with a rupured gas tank that extingisher would have have been useless. we used 4 or 5 dry chems on it plus all of the water in both trucks about 400 gals. plus the track came out with a 3000 gal water tank for the grass fire.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

wow!!! Now that's a big fire. I had the fuel tank on my old s10 get punctured and it burned the entire truck to the ground. But it seemed to happen so much faster. Good thing everyone is ok.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Those little fire extinguishers most of us put in our cars are pretty useless. A guy I race with had an off and couldn't get the car started, a grass fire started under his car. He put it out with the extinguisher, and then the fire started back up again. I have mine to satisfy the rules but I'm not counting on it to save my car.
straightliner1
¯
Member # 2679

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for straightliner1  Ford pictures for straightliner1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same scenario happened to a buddy of mine. Torched the better half of an early fastback...
Posts: 484 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well it looks like dude didnt know what was going on... Also he didnt try putting it out n made sure he recorded for insurance purpose idk thatts my gues...looks like car was built nice what was iit..

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

really insurance on a race car. the car was just built, complete rowtisery buid $20,000. the car was very nice. the driver knew what was going on. he stayed in the car like he was suppose to until the fire started.
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:
Well it looks like dude didnt know what was going on... Also he didnt try putting it out n made sure he recorded for insurance purpose idk thatts my gues...looks like car was built nice what was iit..

WTF????? Please tell me you are kidding right? [Confused]

--------------------
2003 Cobra Track Car

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1Sicgt:
quote:
Originally posted by SLOWFOX:

WTF????? Please tell me you are kidding right? [Confused]
My bad insurance wouldnt even cover at the track lol.my mistake but it seems like driver doesnt even know whats going on...

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

acmikee
¯
Member # 5568

but it seems like driver doesnt even know whats going

the driver did what he is suppose to do he stayed in the car after the crash. it wasn't until the fire stared that he got out. yes he was slow getting out. the only flags showing was a local yellow. it didnt go full course yellow until the water tanker was ordered.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com